• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness buffet question

pamluvsdisney

<font color=blue>Did anyone else have a Baby Beans
I am trying to decide between Ft. Wilderness buffet and Chef Mickey's for dinner one night. We have been to Chef Mickey's before and like it. I would kind of like to do something new though. I thought the buffet and then the Chip/Dale campfire might be fun.

Questions:
Besides the characters, what are the differences?
What kind of food at the Ft wilderness?
How much does it cost?
What time is the campfire?
Do you need a PS for the buffet or campfire?
Is there a boat from the Contemporary where we will be staying?

My girls ages are 8, 5 and 2. Will they like it?

Thanks for any and all input!!!

Have I got a website for you!

Ft. Wilderness Resort FAQ

It has some information on the campfire program there. Now, the restaurant at Ft. Wilderness is called the Trails End and features a buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It does not have characters but Chip & Dale are at the campfire nightly. The Trails End does NOT accept PS and is a first come, first served place but we've never had to wait much longer than 20 minutes to get in.

Crockett's Tavern is next door and there's rocking chairs on the porch you can relax in while you are waiting.

The campfire and movie is free but they do sell hot dogs, popcorn marshmellows and soda.

Yes, there is a boat which runs regularly between the Comptemporary and Ft. Wilderness. Here's another link for you:

Trail's End Buffet Menu

I'm sure your girls will have a great time but it might run a little late for the 2 year old. Nothing says you have to stay for the whole event.

Happy Planning! :earsboy:

Thank you scottwdw.

I appreciate all the info and the websites.
Helps me make a better decision.

Thank you. We might give it a try.

Unless you are just looking for characters, Trails End Buffet is awsome. The food, while simple, is very good. The price is about 10 less than other dinner buffets and service was better than places we paid a LOT more for!!! Lunch and breakfast are also good and at an even better savings!!!!

Jordans' mom

I agree with Jordan's Mom...Trails End is an AWESOME value. Probably the best value in the World, IMHO!! We didn't eat dinner there, but we ate breakfast and we were so impressed. It's not gourmet food, but it's good, hot, and plentiful at a very good price!

We also like Chef Mickey's, but it's a much more lively atmosphere. If you are looking for a more relaxing atmosphere, then Trails End is probably better! My kids loved rocking in the rocker's on the porch, and you can also take a short walk to the petting zoo/ pony rides too.

We loved FW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter