Fort opening June 22nd

Yeah and phew! I’m happy I have existing reservations for the fort on June 25th and also for July 8th with AK on the 13th. Glad I held out and waited. I hear the website keeps crashing with so many people trying to get in touch

We’re supposed to check in on June 29th for almost two weeks. We will definitely go, but maybe not that long depending on what’s open. I’m fascinated to see what will be open & what won’t. Parks obviously won’t, but I’m wondering what dining options (if any). Pool? So many questions, but also so excited!

Hmmm, I just tried to check on that offer and it said "Do you want to see this offer for Canada residents only?" (sure, why not?). Then I could only find the CABINS listed. Then it said 'Special offer not available".

Weird.

Hmmm, I just tried to check on that offer and it said "Do you want to see this offer for Canada residents only?" (sure, why not?). Then I could only find the CABINS listed. Then it said 'Special offer not available".

Weird.
I think the poster was linking the info for dates for you to see at the top of the page, not the actual offer.

The special offer that Corgidad linked to says it's only for passholders. :sad:

Bama Ed

I also wonder if the opening date is only for existing reservations or new ressies too...

I AM able to book a DVC resort online on June 23 for one night if I want (DVC members allowed to make new ressies today), so now I am waiting on hold with DVC to see if I can book one night on points at the fort as well (assuming any DVC slotted sites are still open... although I will stalk one each day if they say that it is permitted) for that night since it will be opening too... we’ll see (crazy for 1 night I suppose, but would do it to stay there on way through to my parents in Venice)...

I AM able to book a DVC resort online on June 23 for one night if I want (DVC members allowed to make new ressies today), so now I am waiting on hold with DVC to see if I can book one night on points at the fort as well (assuming any DVC slotted sites are still open... although I will stalk one each day if they say that it is permitted) for that night since it will be opening too... we’ll see (crazy for 1 night I suppose, but would do it to stay there on way through to my parents in Venice)...

Waah..... can’t book “Disney collection” (Fort, non-DVC rooms are Contemp, Poly, etc) within 4 months of the end of your DVC points use year (so as I am only 3+ months from Sep ...my current point “use year” ends On August 31... I cannot use my DVC points to book the Fort).

Last edited:
I wonder if masks are required at the Fort? Surely they don't expect people to wear them outside, when not in the parks ...

The whole mask thing is a no-go for me anyway. I'll wait it out. I understand the requirement in more crowded places, I'm just not willing to do it. I'm sure there are plenty that are willing to do it, so not like they will miss my business, but I sure will miss Disney.

If society is still like this in a couple years, hopefully I've learned a strategy to keep my glasses from fogging with a mask on.

I looked for a resort stay for the middle to end of July and nothing shows up. I think I read where they are holding to existing reservations only to limit capacity. Kind of sucks because I had a stay at POFQ for June 26-30th that just went away.

Oh well. Looks like just the October trip now. Next year is supposed to be DLP. Hopefully they won't still be blocking Americans by then.

j

Question if anyone knows: I have an existing campsite at the fort for mid July and my daughter has an existing cabin reserved, my Disney experience shows both of these reservations, therefore does anyone know with the opening of the fort in June if this also is the same for the cabins That they will be open?

Does anyone know if the cabins will be opening at the fort on opening date June 22nd as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter