"Fort Day"

2rad4u

Mouseketeer
This vacation I built in two "Fort Days".

What's your favorite thing to do on a Fort Day?

I like riding around in the GC and look at all the campsites and decorations.

I do the same Chris except I'm on my bike.
Also love visiting the horses/ponies and biking over to WL (altho that's blocked right now I understand), sitting in my screened in room reading and listening to music.

I like a morning walk as the sun is coming up.

Also visiting the last remnants of the Fort Wilderness rail road - some rails are still left in some places.

And we walk down (closed now) the exercise trail to Wilderness Lodge for lunch and some exercise. But you can get there on the small boat on the right side of the marina which would be a nice ride in itself.

I pay my respects to some graffiti in some concrete somewhere in the Fort. It's SUCH a coincidence that those letters happen to spell my name. :teeth: Golly gee, what are the chances of that? :rolleyes1

Go find where the turkeys are.

Nap and listen to the boats whistle and toot (you can hear the steam train whistle from MK too at times but it's not running currently because of the Tron build-out.

Bama Ed

We enjoy walking or looping. We bought 2 new bikes so next time hope to do some bike looping.

Ed i though i tead they were removing all the old train tracks? I will have to venture out to see them! I will ask for directions when my daye gets closer if i remember. Unfortunately, i like trains.

Can we ask a dumb question. How do you get satellite on your outdoor tv? Does the fort give good reception?

I don't have satellite. I'm using the Fort cable.

I usually use youtubetv but the wireless/cell signal is just so so at this site.

Got cable so I figured I'd use it!

Can we ask a dumb question. How do you get satellite on your outdoor tv? Does the fort give good reception?

A lot of the campers that I see at the Fort have the portable satellite dish. Where ever you have a clear line of site in the direction you need it will work.

A lot of the campers that I see at the Fort have the portable satellite dish. Where ever you have a clear line of site in the direction you need it will work.
The Fort cable seems to be great about 80 channels. Almost everything Direct TV has. Very clear.

I wish we had built in more fort time, the kids wanted to try their hand a shuffleboard :)

Sounds like next time needs to be longer :D

Very happy you got your trip in this time, though! I agree with what you said, go to Disney as much as you can now while it is a good age/time for the kids. We have been going most years now for awhile because this will be the best time (although we love it so much we will probably always go pretty regularly), but thinking in a few years will be doing other vacations that can be appreciated at an older age...

Like others have said, the Fort cable is pretty good, but I take my DirecTV dish and receiver with me when I'm out camping. All of the TV connections in the camper are switched over to get the satellite signal instead of cable. It takes 10 minutes or so to setup. I have the DVR and Genies/Hoppers throughout the camper so I have satellite in each room and outside.

20180504_195516-1008x567.jpg

j

We had a fort day last trip and loved it so much we added more in for our 2020 trip!! We rented a golf cart (we have since bought our own) went to the pool, cruised the loops, went to the HDDR, made tie dye shirts by the pool, the kids rented bikes, DH went fishing in the canals, went to chip and dales sing along,and watched fireworks from the beach!!! SO not really relaxing but it was since it was February, warm, and it was before our first park day. Next trip we have 9 nights and are only getting 5 day tickets so we can slow it down a little more.

we usually spend our "Fort" day by having a big breakfast made at the camper, then once that has digested a little we will do some looping to check out the other campsites, definitely spend some time at the pool, play shuffleboard, take a nap at the camper, more looping, maybe a drink a Crocketts Tavern, Dinner at the camper, then finish with the Fireworks from the beach. Perfect Day!

we usually spend our "Fort" day by having a big breakfast made at the camper, then once that has digested a little we will do some looping to check out the other campsites, definitely spend some time at the pool, play shuffleboard, take a nap at the camper, more looping, maybe a drink a Crocketts Tavern, Dinner at the camper, then finish with the Fireworks from the beach. Perfect Day!

You got that right! Perfect Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter