formal / semi-formal - night? or dinner?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Early dining - do we get dressed at 530 and stay that way for the night?
or do we go to dinner and can then change? 7pmish?
what do most people do? Do early diners look out of place if we change while others are still in their formalwear?

Early dining - do we get dressed at 530 and stay that way for the night?

Only if you misbehave.

what do most people do?

Behave.

Do early diners look out of place if we change while others are still in their formalwear?

Yes. And the late diners talk about you all night long.

Sorry, imgoingtodisney. I couldn't resist. It is YOUR cruise. After dinner, it is well within the bounds of acceptable behaviour to change your clothes (privately)...

I'd say it is 50-50. It is your cruise and your decision. A lot do stayed in their dress dining attire to go to shows, bars, take a stroll ~ but some want to get more comfortable. Have fun!

First off assuming you would be done with dinner by 7pm is cutting it close, I think we were usually done closer to 7:30- anyhow when we finished would really dictate if we changed or not. If it was 7:30 and we wanted to go to an 8pm show we would wear our fancy stuff to the show, if we were done more like 7:15 we went back and changed. If we didn't care about the show (after seeing them three times some we don't repeat anymore) we usually would go get changed. But really I don't think anyone notices what you are wearing outside of the restaurant. Now, in there, people do look around, it is fun to see everyone dressed up (and the few people who think a tuxedo t shirt is formal wear) but even then just remember it is your vacation do what makes YOU happy and comfortable!

Last year I changed, this year I didn't. We had late seating and there wasn't alot of time before the adult cabaret acts. I wore comfortable formal clothes and it worked out better that way for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter