Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17 update 10/1: Last Day, Budget recap

Animal Kingdom
Part One: The Day of the Photopass

Our first solo day since Universal! We decided to head back to Animal Kingdom, partly because it was Saturday and we figured we’d avoid Epcot F&W on the weekends mostly, and partly because we thought we’d concentrate our MK/Epcot days to when we were at BLT. I know that doesn’t make the most sense with being at an Epcot resort, but it seemed better than bussing from BLT for 5 days :)

I made Zack stop for a ton of PP today. First on the way in…

EZYI8Upl.jpg

O5IJRy8l.jpg

zQX5J78l.jpg

Wow, Zack just looks so happy here :rotfl:

I’m sure we hit NRJ again before the line got too crazy. I can’t remember if it was this trip, more likely our December trip… I actually offered to do standby for FOP in the morning. I’m thinking it must have been December, because we spontaneously decided to start at AK one day that trip and got there really early, early enough it should have been under an hour and Zack said no, NRJ was fine. Okkkkk

I don’t have my notes right off so I’m not 100% on what our FPs were. I’m thinking another early Safari, an earlier FOP, and Everest.

I know you’re all really here for my mad photo taking skillz:

5kDG9b2l.jpg

Ok, here’s some mediocre animal shots:

fCsmPVOl.jpg

mmJKdszl.jpg

DI5N6cEl.jpg

RKRgCKml.jpg

3140765l.jpg

jjCUB6el.jpg

6CbTwFpl.jpg

We thought it was cat nap time when we got over here…

AJCdpwNl.jpg

But as we came around to the other side… Mr Lion decided to grace us with a roar!

UjbOdmrl.jpg

So that was really cool, and interesting. I’ve never heard one in real life before!

Then in typical cat fashion…

XAbYjHBl.jpg

JhwgsCPl.jpg

wa5Gg8xl.jpg

I'm done with you people.

23Jcz7gl.jpg

Oh, are those not the Zebra Domes people always talk about on here?

AhgAimfl.jpg

After we walked the Gorilla trail, since we hadn’t had a chance to do that the other day.

MwK614Bl.jpg

WIcEdsrl.jpg

S4BL0C3l.jpg

Were these big hippos or pygmy hippos? I love pygmy hippos :lovestruc

And then we headed back to Pandor for our FOP FP. We also spent some more time exploring, it seemed like there were a few less people than when we’d been here earlier in the week. And I drug Zack around for some more PP.

gCehELOl.jpg

ThLqMIvl.jpg

kacXm5Yl.jpg

TqrSJ1kl.jpg

F8e3Ln5l.jpg

When we finished, I mentioned heading out to Rafiki’s planet watch to Zack.

uLgyQ0wl.jpg

Q9FNhDql.jpg

gUGLP6sl.jpg

I love all the bags and cases on the train! Even though apparently I only took this one photo of that.

FCJbkpxl.jpg

Oh yes, because it was Dave’s chair! :rotfl:

Qq2D0GDl.jpg

I actually had a reason I really wanted to go out here… I love goats! I worked with them in high school at our Children’s Zoo, my roommate had them in college, and we had them for the lab I worked in in college. Here’s a photo with our lab goats:

V7K8DaXl.jpg

I’m on the left holding Rick. He was my baby. Part of our lab project involved going out to weigh the goats every week to see how they were developing. Rick would jump up on me and lay his head on my chest and stare into my eyes.

tenor.gif

That’s not really him. All my pictures are on my computer at home.

After getting my fill of goat petting (I’ve been in withdrawal since college!) we decided we needed a snack before our late lunch ADR, so we stopped at Harambe Market. I had one thing in mind…

vXvku92l.jpg
Pork Sausage - served with curried onion relish, naan bread, and black-eyed pea salad $9.99

@kastoney I got my fancy corn dog! :rotfl: We really liked this! The batter is good but different than your typical corn dog obviously. Zack liked the salad too, but it wasn't my thing.

Animal Kingdom
Part Two: Yak n Yeti and Disney Springs

It seems we had an encounter with the Yeti before lunch.

dFD3tFel.jpg

95jjJwal.jpg

We had a 2:30pm ADR at Yak n Yeti. I know we waited a little past our time (and I think we actually checked in 15 or 20 minutes early, but couldn’t get in earlier. I should really get a Landry’s card!), but I’ve got some appetizer phots at 2:55pm.

pdbZVLml.jpg

We split:

1ngUscpl.jpg

Pork Pot Stickers - pan seared or steamed, soy lime dipping sauce $9.99

1hx9mInl.jpg

Wok-Fried Green Beans - battered green beans, sweet Thai chili dipping sauce $9.99

Basically I can't go anywhere with fried green beans on the menu and not order them, and the same goes for Zack and potstickers. The green beans were really good, and so was the dipping sauce. The potstickers seemed like typical potstickers to me but Zack was happy with. I actually got to have a few too, that doesn't always happen :laughing:

And for lunch I had:

Firecracker Shrimp
- crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw $10.99

These were delicious! It's another appetizer, but I knew I had to try it because the steakhouse with firecracker shrimp in my hometown closed long ago and I've never found any like it. I was so happy with these!

Zack had:

auhElgpl.jpg

Crispy Honey Chicken - tempura chicken, sugar snap peas, carrots, honey sauce with jasmine or brown rice $18.99

He thought this was great.

Yak n Yeti: $65 including tax and tip, after saving $2 with APs (discount is only on entrees :confused3)

After lunch, we headed over to Dinosaur, which was probably under 20 minutes. I might have even gotten a FP for it… and just a few more photos...

aHd6fnql.jpg

EMPii9xl.jpg

i2sHChYl.jpg

FBLxCp3l.jpg

SOw6xQFl.jpg

And Zack had picked up a ROL shirt and blanket.

Ztba690l.jpg

It had gotten a bit busier, and we didn’t want to wait for ROL or to see Pandora in the dark again, so we decided it would be a good night to head over to Disney Springs. I think we also thought Zack’s brother and bf would meet us for dinner, but they were a no-show again.

But not before a few more photos!

gDj615tl.jpg

dVoDaZll.jpg

ZABx1Dsl.jpg

Bu3Kx5jl.jpg

He looks much happier in these. Probably because I promised this was the last photo stop before we headed to Disney Springs and found some dinner :laughing:

X4572w7l.jpg

I feel like Pascal should be lower on my arm?

We made it onto a bus just in time before it rained. This was the only other time it rained while we were at Disney.

On the way there, I sent some of our sneak peek photos to Zack’s grandma. It took a bit to get all the way to Disney Springs with the traffic and construction, but by the time we got there it had stopped raining!

We poked around a bit in the Co-op and World of Disney, I know we bought a few things. I really love the little art postcards so I think I got some of those. We also got some shirts, and I drug Zack through the Christmas store because I wanted to start a tradition of buying an ornament on our vacations, but I couldn’t find any I liked for the wedding trip. I looked in every store the whole time we were at Disney…

Eventually it was time to get some dinner, and we had nothing booked, and I couldn’t pull anything up on the app since you know, it was Saturday night in Disney Springs. This is another time I wish we’d at least walked by Homecomin’ but Zack wanted to try Planet Hollywood, so we headed there.

It’s not that we had a bad experience at Planet Hollywood, it’s more that at this point we were both really tired, and it was so loud in there it was kind of an over-stimulation. We waited about an hour for a table, and then got sat up on the top floor. We were in a half booth against the wall, so we sat on the same side to watch the projections. We also got to watch two girls dressed to the nines who looked about 13 drink two cocktails each, split a sandwich, and flirt with the much older waiter… so that was interesting.

By the time we got a table we were ready to eat, so we went straight for the entrees.

Zack had:

0Bl2o4kl.jpg

L.A. Lasagna - fresh pasta tubes filled with ricotta and Bolognese meat sauce fried to a golden brown, served with roasted garlic cream and tomato basil sauces $21.99

Zack likes this, he's had it at other PH locations. I don't do red sauce so I didn't try it.

I had:

2USakz0l.jpg

Pimento Grilled Cheese - triple-stacked grilled cheese with six cheese mac-n-cheese, cheddar and pimento cheese, stuffed and stacked between three slices of sourdough $14.99

This wasn’t too bad, but I felt like it could have been hotter. I remember nothing about the fries.

Planet Hollywood: $54 including tax and tip; no discounts here at this time.

We then headed back to the hotel to pack up our stuff, as we’d be moving to BLT the next day. And to be totally transparent with you, I will tell you about my super classy moment for the night. Zack does not drink wine, beer, champagne, etc. This will come up again on the trip... But our lovely bottle of wine the hotel had gifted us, was not finished because I was the only one enjoying it! I hated it to go to waste, but we were going to have Disney transfer our luggage for us the next day... So I may have dumped the remainder in a water bottle and tucked it into the pocket on the side of my backpack I had them transferring.
:drinking1

Food Budget
Budgeted $136
Actual $165
TIW Savings: $0
AP Savings: $2

Budgeted for a QS dinner

Last edited:
Yak n Yeti is always so good! :) Didn't realize the AP discount is only on entrees though--that's weird! Wonder why. *shrugs*

also I love all your photopass pictures! So cute!

The green beans were really good, and so was the dipping sauce

That looks so much better than the app we got there!

We also got to watch two girls dressed to the nines who looked about 13 drink two cocktails each, split a sandwich, and flirt with the much older waiter… so that was interesting.

And isn't that what Planet Hollywood is all about? :rotfl: You know what I've also seen a vlog with girls at Disney doing something similar at Planet Hollywood and I was confused. Why are they dressed up for this? Why didn't they order full meals? :confused:

So I may have dumped the remainder in a water bottle and tucked it into the pocket on the side of my backpack I had them transferring.

Sounds like a good idea to me :thumbsup2

You guys look so cute!!

I’m on the left holding Rick. He was my baby. Part of our lab project involved going out to weigh the goats every week to see how they were developing. Rick would jump up on me and lay his head on my chest and stare into my eyes.

No way! How cool! This is adorable.

I should really get a Landry’s card!

I agree! I love having mine. And it pays for itself, literally, the first time you eat there.

So I may have dumped the remainder in a water bottle and tucked it into the pocket on the side of my backpack I had them transferring.

Hahaha :rotfl2: No shame in this! I hate letting things go to waste. :drinking1

You guys look so cute!!

No way! How cool! This is adorable.

I agree! I love having mine. And it pays for itself, literally, the first time you eat there.
Hahaha :rotfl2: No shame in this! I hate letting things go to waste. :drinking1
Thanks! Also, I totally plan on digging up a couple goat pictures tonight or this weekend to spam the thread with. Because why not? Goats are like funny smelling dogs :rotfl: I mean, I would never let one live in my house, just because they poop when they want, where they want, with no notice... but they can be really sweet! And they're smart!

I'm putting signing up for a Landry's card on my list. I mean, just for the line skipping ability alone... though last time we walked up and they told us the wait was 30+ minutes with no ADR and no Landry's card, we ended up at Tiffin's. So that wasn't really a bad thing :)

And the wine made it unscathed, so it was a good call! :thumbsup2:

Yak n Yeti is always so good! :) Didn't realize the AP discount is only on entrees though--that's weird! Wonder why. *shrugs*

also I love all your photopass pictures! So cute!
Thanks! It is really weird about the discount, but we love Yak n Yeti!

That looks so much better than the app we got there!

And isn't that what Planet Hollywood is all about? :rotfl: You know what I've also seen a vlog with girls at Disney doing something similar at Planet Hollywood and I was confused. Why are they dressed up for this? Why didn't they order full meals? :confused:

Sounds like a good idea to me :thumbsup2

I love fried green beans. I just had some the other night, but not as good. Maybe they were missing Disney magic...??

What is up with Planet Hollywood. I mean, that's the fanciest/party-est type of one I've ever been in, but it was just like loud music and projections, it didn't seem like there was a dance floor type area... and I haven't heard that anything like that exists either. So why are we dressing up to eat 3 bites of food at a touristy restaurant? I'd much rather wear my comfy Disney clothes and eat all the food, thanks!

I know you’re all really here for my mad photo taking skillz:

5kDG9b2l.jpg
Haha! Awesome!

But as we came around to the other side… Mr Lion decided to grace us with a roar!

UjbOdmrl.jpg
So cool!

S4BL0C3l.jpg

Were these big hippos or pygmy hippos? I love pygmy hippos :lovestruc
That hippo must love that spot, because I feel like I have a photo that's almost identical!

OMG - sooooo cute!

zQX5J78l.jpg

Wow, Zack just looks so happy here :rotfl:
So thrilled. Clearly your husband loves a PP opportunity. :laughing:
UjbOdmrl.jpg

So that was really cool, and interesting. I’ve never heard one in real life before!
This is awesome! I've never seen (or heard) anything like that.

I actually had a reason I really wanted to go out here… I love goats! I worked with them in high school at our Children’s Zoo, my roommate had them in college, and we had them for the lab I worked in in college. Here’s a photo with our lab goats:

V7K8DaXl.jpg
How cute!

vXvku92l.jpg
Pork Sausage - served with curried onion relish, naan bread, and black-eyed pea salad $9.99

@kastoney I got my fancy corn dog! :rotfl: We really liked this! The batter is good but different than your typical corn dog obviously. Zack liked the salad too, but it wasn't my thing.
And who doesn't love a fancy corn dog! Glad to see you all enjoyed Now send a fancy corn dog my way :P

Basically I can't go anywhere with fried green beans on the menu and not order them, and the same goes for Zack and potstickers. The green beans were really good, and so was the dipping sauce. The potstickers seemed like typical potstickers to me but Zack was happy with. I actually got to have a few too, that doesn't always happen :laughing:
I'm totally with Zack on this. I'm a sucker for a dumpling/potsticker in any shape or form!

Firecracker Shrimp
- crispy fried shrimp tossed in a creamy, spicy sauce, Asian slaw $10.99
Yum. These look great. Oddly I haven't had these in forever either but just did last night. We're at the beach for the 4th and they had some at the restaurant we ate at last night. Though I don't think they were as good as Yak N Yeti.

He looks much happier in these. Probably because I promised this was the last photo stop before we headed to Disney Springs and found some dinner :laughing:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
We also got to watch two girls dressed to the nines who looked about 13 drink two cocktails each, split a sandwich, and flirt with the much older waiter… so that was interesting.
Don't you just love it when 13 year olds drink o_O

2USakz0l.jpg

Pimento Grilled Cheese - triple-stacked grilled cheese with six cheese mac-n-cheese, cheddar and pimento cheese, stuffed and stacked between three slices of sourdough $14.99
Sorry this wasn't better but it does look and sound pretty dang good. But I love all things Pimento Cheese.

Love it! :drinking1

Haha! Awesome!

So cool!
I've never heard a lion roar before! It was not like the MGM logo. :rotfl:
That hippo must love that spot, because I feel like I have a photo that's almost identical!
Haha! I've only seen a hippo perform a lot of activity once, at our zoo last summer. He was chasing an exercise ball around his pool :rotfl:
OMG - sooooo cute!

I didn't get my goat photos dug out this weekend, but I will! My roommate, who is the other person in red in that photo, also had goats at home. Her family's goats had babies that spring too, and we took them for the first few weeks. (Her parents were divorced for many years at that point, and her mom was really strange, and basically couldn't be trusted to bottle feed the babies :() So we goat proofed our tiny apartment kitchen and kept them for 2 or 3 weeks. Shhh! We got no permission from management to do that :laughing: Yes, it was pretty crazy to have goats in our kitchen, but there was no better stress reliever than coming back from class, sitting on the kitchen floor, and having two tiny goats snuggle into your lap!

So thrilled. Clearly your husband loves a PP opportunity. :laughing:
:laughing: He was so pictured out. He did come to appreciate it more back around Christmas. I also appreciate it because I'm always the one behind the camera :) So I get shots of Zack sometimes doing things, but if Zack takes photos of me they tend to come out like this:

xlnnj66m.jpg
QxBuW5gm.jpg

PS. That is no normal burrito. That is a Yankee burrito from a trip back home - A hot dog and cheese rolled up in a tortilla and dropped in the fryer. It's as disgusting as it sounds, yet especially delicious as a child! They had recently brought them back :laughing:

But at Christmas we made up new digital photo frames for his grandparents, as one of them they had done 6+ years previously had broken, and then we added new photos in addition to the old ones. His brothers had NO photos to give us of them and their SOs! Even though they'd all been dating longer than Zack and I! I had to raid Facebook for a few low quality photos, and one had 6 engagement photos to send. We had a million to pick from between photopass and me taking selfies of us!

And who doesn't love a fancy corn dog! Glad to see you all enjoyed Now send a fancy corn dog my way :P
Ha, it's already on my snack list for September :laughing:

Yum. These look great. Oddly I haven't had these in forever either but just did last night. We're at the beach for the 4th and they had some at the restaurant we ate at last night. Though I don't think they were as good as Yak N Yeti.
I tried some a couple months ago when they got added to the menu at a local place... still not quite the same! I think there's a steakhouse that might have them around us still, I need to drag Zack over there.

I get the feeling YnY will always be on our list... Zack can have his potstickers and I'll have my shrimp!
The way to his heart is obviously through his stomach.

Sorry this wasn't better but it does look and sound pretty dang good. But I love all things Pimento Cheese.
If they could have kept it warmer, it would have been amazing! But I do know it's hard to keep pasta warm, especially in sandwich form - because of course I've tried multiple sandwiches with mac and cheese in them in my lifetime :rotfl:

Hollywood Studios/Epcot/BLT
Part One: Dropping in on DHS... Again and again and again...

You're all in luck, because I actually got this typed up last week!

Originally this was going to be a DHS/MGM day, but I was able to get an ADR for Dine with an Imagineer! It was the next day, which was going to be an Epcot day so we could eat at Food and Wine booths for lunch. I really didn’t want to give up my Food and Wine lunch, because I had a goal to eat at the majority of the booths since we had a long trip, so we did some rearranging. We were going to stay in DHS until mid afternoon, then head to BLT because we had a reservation at California Grill. Instead we decided to head out a bit earlier and work our way through Epcot to nibble at some booths for lunch.

Did our plan work?

Well, it seems we have 255 pictures from this day… so we better get crackin’! That’s what, 7 posts here? :rotfl:

KPpR42ul.jpg

We made it just after rope drop, so you know what that means… Photopass!

eIrW9F6l.jpg

3O2uJEQl.jpg

Whoa, what happened here?

CqZeqf0l.jpg

I love the For Lease sign

I don’t recall what our FPs were for the day, though I’m sure they were all at DHS.

Google photos suggested this filter.

ZzfG4S5l.jpg

According to my photo history, we headed for Tower of Terror.

Please enjoy a million attempts at artsy shots of Tower of Terror.

CWnpCuLl.jpg

rfZNzytl.jpg

bfeJJkPl.jpg

HJk2E2tl.jpg

H8uUHdQl.jpg

This one would be great without those dang people in line!

jY4rx3Dl.jpg

Bykp0oSl.jpg

6J0T6pzl.jpg

vZXahPLl.jpg

Then we had to ride again because Zack had noticed the slinky dog coaster.

6QhN1T0l.jpg

We mourned the Great Movie Ride again…

Dd5i6B8l.jpg

Before heading to TSM. Zack always wins, but my accuracy is always better.

bLz5udrl.jpg

VG7o9iTl.jpg

We stoped for a mid-morning snack to tide us over. Zack got a donut or something, but I felt like something more seasonal…

NrP9OF8l.jpg

A pumpkin muffin, and a Pumpkin Pie Latte

While I was waiting to the side of the cart for my latte, this lady came back up with hers to see if she could get something else made, because her Pumpkin Pie Latte “tasted like bacon!” :confused3 She just kept going on and on about how it tasted like bacon, and telling everyone who came over to wait for a drink. “I hope yours doesn’t taste like bacon!”

Oh look, ToT!
ZDsz9xul.jpg

After my non-bacon flavored breakfast, we were off to Arendelle for a history lesson. We had a bit of a goal to see the other shows today.

ZfSPotwl.jpg

2KIhzSHl.jpg

If you get this guy as one of your historians, you’re in for a treat! He is hilarious! He goes by Equity Ben on instagram (thanks @chunkymonkey, I never would have known!). These two as a pair worked really well together!

niAjPbtl.jpg

Put your hands in the air like you just don't care #Elsagetsdown

Bm5CDfXl.jpg

H8ntnJ6l.jpg

Then I guess we hit TOT again. If the line is short, why not? Or a 4th FP.... which is more likely!

mE3nrSUl.jpg

Then Beauty and the Beast…

eN3w2LVl.jpg

TwExKhjl.jpg

Such twirly dresses!

qVtYqA9l.jpg

Whoa, where'd he come from?

And the Little Mermaid, which was cute. I love the puppets, but try as I might couldn’t get a good photo.

zPIPoZFl.jpg

Even Ariel doesn’t look that good!

It was a goal to hit the shows today. Minus Disney Jr...

d1mfWMQl.jpg

One more show for the road…

And we couldn’t leave without some more PP pictures. The planter had been mobbed that morning. I love that it’s Fantasia!

PgeUivxl.jpg

H2qwdN6l.jpg

A special friend joined us too!

cRLBOeFl.jpg

Hollywood Studios/Epcot/BLT
Part Two: Food and Wine Snacks and a Trip to the Contemporary!

Then we were off on our boat-chariot to Epcot. I think we abandoned ship at Beach Club and walked the rest of the way… or maybe we were still too new on this trip, and got off at Swolphin thinking we’d beat the boat. We did beat it to International Gateway, but not to the Beach Club! We literally met up with the people that got off there were the dock meets the path.

I’m also remembering now, there was some weird MDE issue this day I think, and we couldn’t get FPs for Epcot from inside DHS, and the apps were down so you had to use the machines. That's also why we didn't get a RnR photo. So we headed to the FP machines in Epcot by character spot first. Note, if this happens to you and you're park hopping, just go to the park you want to be in before checking the machine. Apparently they only do FPs for the park you are in.

For lunch, we hit up some of the booths near the Wine and Dine studio area.

RvSTV4gl.jpg

Braised Beef “Stroganoff” with Tiny Egg Noodles, Wild Mushroom, and Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Sauce – $5.00
I had someone come up and ask me if they could take a photo of this for their blog :laughing: I had to fight Zack for this, he's a big stroganoff fan.

zgtUR12l.jpg

Pulled Duck Confit with Cannellini Bean Ragoût and Zinfandel Reduction – $5.50
Zack was concerned about this being duck, but it converted him! I even at some beans, which is a big deal for me!

kQnW5tUl.jpg

I loved the wine bottle decor!

GSJZDH7l.jpg

Crispy Chicken with Griddled Cornbread and Red Eye Gravy – $4.75
This was delicious and we thought a really big serving for the price, though it doesn't quite look like it in this photo

B2YU1tYl.jpg

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions – $4.75
Pretty good. I'm happy with most mac and cheese. I could do without the green onions though :)

yygx2cEl.jpg

Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle (GF) – $3.50

Kurt Russell’s Gogi Wines Chardonnay Gogi “Goldie”, California – $10.00

Is it bad if I tried this wine because I like the movie Overboard? :confused3
It was pretty good. The dessert was good too, but I wished it were bigger :) Well, actually that both were bigger :drinking1 But I did get to use a sampler tab on the wine.

Then we took a spin through Mexico

g43Z0w0l.jpg

NztzsSul.jpg

X98tJbel.jpg

iK8Tt1nl.jpg

s9VvTlWl.jpg

Test Track

e1fQ9LNl.jpg

Still no ride photos...

And Spaceship Earth

F6BQ3nZl.jpg

My eyes always come out like this…

Bm9TMYLl.jpg

The we took the Monorail on over to Bay Lake Tower!

We got checked in and asked Bell Services to send our luggage up. It was about 7:30pm when we got up to the room. We rented points for a Theme Park View studio. I believe we were on the same level as the walkway over to the Contemporary.

eGu5ySEl.jpg

QMdIv1Vl.jpg

I3HRBkjl.jpg

I will say that, going by photos, I think I’d like the normal studio layout more where the kitchenette is in the hallway instead of separated off - this was the first DVC room we’ve been in. And I personally prefer when the bathroom sink is outside the bathroom, for getting ready purposes. The extra shelf here in the kitchen felt a bit awkward. We wouldn’t use it for more than drinks/coffee/quick breakfasts and perhaps leftovers… so for us, I think even with kids the one side would be plenty of space.

x5r3UBul.jpg

kYO2NzJl.jpg

But you couldn’t beat the view!

SXlccudl.jpg

J8upcTcl.jpg

And it was still wonderful as the sun began to set!

WbTB5F4l.jpg

I6NrR7Sl.jpg

I was hoping that being checked in and in the room 2 hours before our reservation would be enough time to get our luggage and I could hop in the shower quick… but it was not. After an hour, I called down to bell services and they said it was on it’s way up… it took another 15 minutes or so. 45 minutes is not enough time for me to shower and dry my hair, so all I could do was change. This is the only time on a trip that we’ve needed our luggage before bed when switching hotels, so I’m not sure if it normally takes so long? They confirmed at check in (7:30pm) that it was already at the resort.

1WvG9uzl.jpg

We were seated pretty much right on time, at a half booth/table along the window, just one table over from the door to the MK side catwalk.

We started with:

Yt2mdOFl.jpg

Cheesesteak Flatbread - shaved wagyu brisket, clamshell mushrooms, sauteed red bell and poblano peppers, caramelized onions, Tillamook cheddar cheese and chipotle mayonnaise $17

This was delicious, even though I had to pick off onions :rotfl:

And I had some fruit drink that was pretty good?

b6smgt2l.jpg

It was a MNSSHP night, so we headed out to watch the show at 10:15pm.

PP8OiSNl.jpg

vFfHsVfl.jpg

RSWwp4Kl.jpg

5g94GX8l.jpg

pKOemOIl.jpg

It's really amazing to see how big these are and the perimeter fireworks from a distance!

I’m not big into Halloween; since I turned 13 or so my favorite part has been seeing little kids in their costumes (and the clearnace candy the day after, like any good adult :thumbsup2:). So we didn’t give a lot of thought into going to a party, but I enjoyed the fireworks show a lot more than I thought I would.

I swear our entrees came out while we were out there, but Donde esta mi photos?

Zack had the Chicken and Dumplings - Amish farms chicken breast, English peas, artichokes, Romanesco, divina tomatoes, red eye gravy $37

He thought this was amazing. Zack has few adjectives and a happy stomach when it comes to all food, but this did look really good. Even if it had peas...

And I had the Oak-fired Filet of Beef - Gruyere, black truffle, and caramelized red onion risotto, roasted baby carrots, herb salsa verde $49

This is a slightly different description. Mainly I remember mine having a tomato risotto, which I wasn’t a huge fan of as I’m not a tomato fan. The steak was good, but I ended up feeling like it was the worst steak of the trip.

For dessert, Zack had:

M6ARKYDl.jpg

...whatever kind of creme brulee they had at the time… $13

Zack does not share creme brulee.

I had:

Y0Hkb6bl.jpg

Warm Homemade Fritters - apple-stuffed, Cinnamon-dusted Fritters complemented with a Trio of Dipping Sauces $13

Did these come in banana? I definitely wouldn’t have ordered apple! Whatever, it was delicious!

We had a nice waiter, though he seemed a little more into conversing with the older couples around us. The service was fine, but he was friendlier to the other tables. It was another time where I felt we were a bit judged by our age.

We grabbed a photo on the catwalk on the way out, which is the only photo I have of us on our fancy dinner :confused3

dEgG44el.jpg

We enjoyed California Grill, but I'd probably try out some other signatures before rushing back personally.

California Grill: $150 including tax and tip, after saving $31 with TIW

Food Budget
Budgeted $218
Actual $207
TIW Savings: $31
AP Savings: $0

Last edited:
If you get this guy as one of your historians, you’re in for a treat! He is hilarious! He goes by Equity Ben on instagram (thanks @chunkymonkey, I never would have known!). These two as a pair worked really well together!

niAjPbtl.jpg

Equity Ben is hilarious! He really makes the show.
Speaking of Frozen...I just saw the Broadway version last night. It was awesome! I never expected to like it as much as I did. They adapted it for Broadway very well and and effects are well done.

Nice room! Wonder when we can stay at BLT. It always is booked up and since it's not our home resort...I doubt we will be able to find anything!

Gorgeous view!!

Zack had the Chicken and Dumplings - Amish farms chicken breast, English peas, artichokes, Romanesco, divina tomatoes, red eye gravy $37

This sounds amazing!

Sounds like a great day! Amazing fireworks view from California Grill!

Speaking of Frozen...I just saw the Broadway version last night. It was awesome! I never expected to like it as much as I did. They adapted it for Broadway very well and and effects are well done.
The Broadway version is great! We went when they were doing the test run here in Denver. Now I want to go again to see what they ended up keeping/changing!

We have a power limit going on at work, so there's not much to do... :rolleyes1

The Broadway version is great! We went when they were doing the test run here in Denver. Now I want to go again to see what they ended up keeping/changing!

We have a power limit going on at work, so there's not much to do... :rolleyes1

That's so cool you got to see it before it premiered here! I thought I'd be over the whole Frozen thing, and I totally was before I saw the show but now I have those songs stuck in my head.

do you wanna build a snowman?...

Enjoy the down time at work! I am obviously not doing any work at all, LOL.

What is up with Planet Hollywood. I mean, that's the fanciest/party-est type of one I've ever been in, but it was just like loud music and projections, it didn't seem like there was a dance floor type area... and I haven't heard that anything like that exists either. So why are we dressing up to eat 3 bites of food at a touristy restaurant? I'd much rather wear my comfy Disney clothes and eat all the food, thanks!

We've been to one in NYC and it was pretty low key just people eating and not even that busy, but that one in DS does look different than most of them now that they remodeled. There isn't a dance floor! My theory is that although Disney is kind of pricy, that Planet Hollywood is cheaper (at least if you're just ordering small amounts of food to split), and has food and things that look nice in Instagram pictures. The vlog I saw of people going there and doing something similar I think they were DCP/college aged, and it looked like they just went to take pictures of themselves all dressed up, and with the fancy milkshakes etc. I think maybe it draws in the younger crowd?

GSJZDH7l.jpg

This was delicious and we thought a really big serving for the price, though it doesn't quite look like it in this photo

This looked so good, and I hope they bring it back because I didn't get it last year.

Mine too most of the time!

It's really amazing to see how big these are and the perimeter fireworks from a distance!

Ooo those look amazing!

Did these come in banana? I definitely wouldn’t have ordered apple! Whatever, it was delicious!

I think they might have been banana before, that menu changes constantly from what I see online.

Beans are evil. I will spend more time picking beans out of a dish than actually eating it. However, last night I did order fish tacos and forgot black beans came on it, and I put on my big girl panties and just ate it as is.

I only made a face once :lmao:

I actually hate Halloween, because I hate being scared. But I LOVE MNSSHP. I'd go every year if I could. Last year Joe and I were Belle and Beast. This year we're going as a Disneybound Duchess and O'Malley

Pulled Duck Confit with Cannellini Bean Ragoût and Zinfandel Reduction – $5.50
Zack was concerned about this being duck, but it converted him! I even at some beans, which is a big deal for me!
Now I wish I had been a Duck convert in September. I had it a bunch in France, and yum!

Google photos suggested this filter.

ZzfG4S5l.jpg

Google photos did good! Ahhh, this sight fills me with good Disney feels.

Then we had to ride again because Zack had noticed the slinky dog coaster.

Oh cool! I hadn't thought of being able to see it from ToT.

While I was waiting to the side of the cart for my latte, this lady came back up with hers to see if she could get something else made, because her Pumpkin Pie Latte “tasted like bacon!” :confused3 She just kept going on and on about how it tasted like bacon, and telling everyone who came over to wait for a drink. “I hope yours doesn’t taste like bacon!”

Oh my goodness! This is so crazy!! Like...how? Those flavours aren't at all similar.

I love him! I remember discovering his instagram a while ago and realizing where I recognized him from. We had a different historian last time we watched, and he was good too, but it just wasn't the same without Equity Ben!

Cute! Like this one with your buttons!

GSJZDH7l.jpg

Yumm. This looks so good!

We rented points for a Theme Park View studio. I believe we were on the same level as the walkway over to the Contemporary.

eGu5ySEl.jpg

Your room looks great! Though it sounds like the other studio type might have worked better for you. I'd love to do Contemporary or BLT someday, even just for the proximity to MK. It's on my list.

But you couldn’t beat the view!

SXlccudl.jpg

J8upcTcl.jpg

Amazing! :lovestruc

my favorite part has been seeing little kids in their costumes (and the clearnace candy the day after, like any good adult :thumbsup2:).

:rotfl:

We enjoyed California Grill, but I'd probably try out some other signatures before rushing back personally.

Thanks for your review here! We've still never been, and someday I'd like to go, but I'm not in a rush. Some people find it really amazing, but I've also heard some reviews about it being okay but not living up to the hype. We are going for brunch next month though, so hopefully that will be good. But hopefully you have even better experiences with other signatures you try in future. We had a really good meal at Citricos last trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter