*COMPLETE* "For your safety no chanting in line" A Jan '18 Dining report

Welcome Home

We had just finished lunch at satuli where I last left off. I was starting to hit a wall and was anxious to check out our room. We agreed to meet up with our step family later for dinner

Although we have stayed at AKL before, this was our first time at Jambo.

SfMsPNWl.jpg

Our room wasn’t ready yet even though it was 4 pm? So, we went outside to checkout the animals.

cEnLXZfl.jpg

personally, I prefer Kidani over Jambo, Not many animals were out compared to the other savannah.
PaeLLefl.jpg

CMs were setting up a fire for smores. The marshmallows were free, but you had to pay for the kit. This was a fun and unexpected treat! The CM mentioned that all Deluxe resorts do this daily.

G7L0Tevl.jpg

L0jE6QAl.jpg

We finally got a text at 5 PM that our room was ready.

ihRiRnwl.jpg

Room #5428 DVC standard view
We LOVE AKL. If i ever became a DVC member, Kidani would have to be my home resort. Everything about it is magical.

We rested for a bit then headed back to AKL.

niKNPV2l.jpg

I had a bright idea of riding Everest before dinner since the wait times were low. Like most of my ideas, this was a horrible one. I recently developed motion sickness and sitting in the last row while going backwards triggered it. There was no way I would be able to eat so we squashed Yak and Yeti.

k7MvOrEl.jpg

We watched the Harambe Village acrobats for a bit, very entertaining.
KfMSd2bl.jpg

And made our way to Pandora. what a beauty!

AK was nearing closing time but the night was still young. The boys wanted to go to springs while us girls wanted to go to MK. we split up and headed for the kingdom.

For Dinner we stopped at Cosmic Rays. I thought maybe getting a bite to eat would make me feel better.
9OkJMKml.jpg

8 piece chicken nuggets $9.99
Disney has the best nuggets, But Even magical nuggets didn't help. I said my goodbyes and went back to the room to rest. I was upset i couldn't spend all night at the kingdom but I had to listen to my body.

Kamal had Wolf gang express for dinner.
oahVlkzl.jpg

Spaghetti & Chicken Meatballs
Torn Basil and Parmesan $16.00
This is his favorite dish from WPE. Simple yet hearty.

TOTAL: $25.99

Wow great update!

I agree, I loved Kidani better than Jambo. The animals I saw out from my balcony at Kidani were amazing. Yes, the longest wait to check in to a room on all of our trips was longest at Animal Kingdom too.

Wolfgang Puck Express looks fantastic - will be putting it on my bucket list!

Have only seen the Star Wars fireworks from our balcony at BWI Villas (facing HS view) so I have only seen them from a distance. Would love to see them in person - but we never seem to make it to the fireworks as we lose energy from the summer heat :beach:

What luck with the Minnie Van! Hope you guys had a great ride.

That steak at the Edison sounded amazing!

Looking forward to reading more, Marina :cutie:

I have been on the fence about the Edison. Your report makes me want to go. What kind of music did the band play? jazz? R&B?

Following along! :wave:

We each received (2) $100 GCs and 6 any time Fastpasses. SCORE!

Wow it sounds like you had a pretty speedy and nice tour, I'm definitely considering doing one now.

Décor: 10/10

Food: 0/10

That's how I felt about it too when we ate there.

Kamal had Wolf gang express for dinner.
oahVlkzl.jpg

Spaghetti & Chicken Meatballs
Torn Basil and Parmesan $16.00

That looks delicious!

We had a nice but pushy waitress. She kept trying to scoot our chairs together and would wink every time she would come by. I’m a “bigger” girl, it takes a lot to scoot my chair. By the third time, I told her we were siblings and not “together”. Poor thing was embarrassed but we assured her it was fine. :rotfl2:

:laughing: I bet she felt so awkward about that.

thanks so much for posting a menu for The Edison. I love the whole prohibition era trend and it looks amazing. We have a Saturday off and are contemplating a Disney Springs crawl since it's my 23 year old son and I with a visit to the lounge at Homecomin', Boathouse and Edison for a cocktail and shared appy at each. I am so excited to see the menu. Your reviews have been great. So sorry to hear about the motion sickness but golly - 21 FP! That has to be a record

Ah I'm so glad you went here and wrote a review. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about this new place, but haven't seen many reviews on it. With your stellar review I'm definitely going to have to check this place out. There are very few places for adults to go at Disney that is adult only, so it's nice they do that here after 10pm.

dYWsTWxl.jpg

(2) coconut, (1) German and (1) black & white.

These look delicious.

We made a run for the buses, it was freezing! while running, a CM told us to stop running and that he had a surprise for us.
He was training to be a Minnie van driver and offered to take us to AKL for free.
JHPGfyYl.jpg

AHHH pixie dust! :cloud9:
That's so awesome! It's always nice when something surprising like that happens. And when it was that cold out, being inside a nice warm car is the best way to get back to your hotel.

Thanks for the dining reviews. Coming from someone studying in the culinary arts lends some gravitas to the reviews.

We are planning a Dec 2018 trip with my family of 4 and want to check out some new places we have never been like the Sci Fi and Edison. Can’t wait

I hope you have a great trip and enjoy the food! We are also planning a Dec 2018 trip!

I agree, I loved Kidani better than Jambo. The animals I saw out from my balcony at Kidani were amazing. Yes, the longest wait to check in to a room on all of our trips was longest at Animal Kingdom too.

It took over 45 minutes to check in, it was ridiculous. I think they may be short staffed?

Wolfgang Puck Express looks fantastic - will be putting it on my bucket list!

WPE is a personal fave, hope you like it!

Have only seen the Star Wars fireworks from our balcony at BWI Villas (facing HS view)

That sounds like an amazing room! I would rather watch from my balcony then be in the heat.

Following along! :wave:

Welcome! thank you for reading!

Wow it sounds like you had a pretty speedy and nice tour, I'm definitely considering doing one now.

I thought we took forever. They told us the tour was only 60 to 90 minutes but I had a million questions.

:laughing: I bet she felt so awkward about that.

She kept asking what she could do to make it up to us, I should have asked for those $20 cake pops lmao :P

thanks so much for posting a menu for The Edison.

You're welcome! not sure why they wouldn't have it up on the site yet.

Disney Springs crawl since it's my 23 year old son and I with a visit to the lounge at Homecomin', Boathouse and Edison for a cocktail and shared appy at each.

That sounds like an awesome time! I heard the candied bacon is very good!

21 FP! That has to be a record

I taught him the refresh hack and he went to town lol.

Ah I'm so glad you went here and wrote a review. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about this new place, but haven't seen many reviews on it. With your stellar review I'm definitely going to have to check this place out. There are very few places for adults to go at Disney that is adult only, so it's nice they do that here after 10pm.

It's the perfect spot for adults! Especially since it's open till 2 am. Hope you get the chance to go!

That's so awesome! It's always nice when something surprising like that happens. And when it was that cold out, being inside a nice warm car is the best way to get back to your hotel.

It was in the low thirties that night, That CM is heaven sent.

Last edited:

We were up bright and early today! I was so excited to get to Epcot, we ate our cupcakes on the bus.
Epcot was insanely packed. It took 30 minutes to get through the turnstiles…so much for low crowds.

LrkdNZZl.jpg

We used FPs for spaceship earth (20 minutes with a FP!!), Soarin, living with the land and Pixar Short Film Festival. I LOVED the film festival, it was super cute. On to the food! Today was a good but very expensive food day. A part of me wished we were on the Dining plan.

First stop: The Painted Panda Food Studio in China

BinRWv1l.jpg

Coconut Panda Rice Cake – $5.00

OH EM GEE CUTEST THING EVER!! Even if I wasn’t hungry, I would’ve bought one. I didn’t taste much coconut, we thought it tasted like warm sushi rice.

UvgRG1Il.jpg

Crispy Fried Shrimp in a Wonton Chip Lotus Flower – $8.50

This was awesome! The sauce was sweet and spicy, went perfectly with the fried shrimp. If it wasn’t so expensive, I would’ve purchased more.

lkNyku4l.jpg

Curry chicken pockets from Joy of Tea $3.99
Why doesn’t anyone talk about these? Hands down, one of my Epcot Faves. Try them with soy sauce, the flavors work well together.

My siblings are obsessed with Nine Dragons, it’s all they ask for when I’m making plans.
We are always the only ones in this restaurant, we have never seen anyone in here besides CMs.
Today, they had a 20-minute wait…whhhhat?! Luckily, we were seated within a couple of minutes. The waiter kept asking why I didn’t make a reservation. Ummm maybe because it’s always a ghost town in here? I wanted to try a couple of more booths, so I just had water. Kamal ordered…

UXSCI64l.jpg

Hot-and-Sour Chicken Soup $3.98
I Snuck a couple of bites, it was ok. Not as spicy as a traditional hot and sour but good.

jiZltmQl.jpg

Honey-Sesame Chicken $18.98
Chef Wei's Specialty served with Asparagus
This is Kamal’s go to dish. The chicken is crispy, hot and fresh.

Nine Dragons is one of the worst rated Disney restaurants, but we have never had a problem here. If anything, we keep coming back. Take reviews with a grain of salt, everyone has different tastes.

Next up: Cuisine Classique:

5mEVZyTl.jpg

Braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic $7.50
This was very good, and a big portion compared to other dishes. I didn’t like the puree at all.

For
Dessert, we had Kaki goris from Japan.
Mmrl36Ul.jpg

$3.99

We made our way to the front of the park. But not before we painted the mural. SUPER COOL!

oqlcatul.jpg

DSj6gAXl.jpg

HfeuthEl.jpg

PHEBXhGl.jpg

TOTAL: $48.58
(received 20% off at nine dragons)
NINE DRAGONS:
FOOD: 7/10
DÉCOR: 4/10

Last edited:
Festival of the Arts Continued

We napped for a bit and headed back to Epcot. For some reason We have never been to Epcot at night, I was excited to see it lit up.

EJXQRDNl.jpg

First up: El Artista Hambriento

mDKpmoyl.jpg

Mixiote de Cordero: Wrapped Slow Braised Lamb marinated in Tres Chiles Paste and Spices $8.95

dusdLpBl.jpg

…this looked terrible. We were very confused, was it supposed to come with a side? I went back and asked for tortillas to eat it with. It was ok, one and done. I still can’t believe we spent $9 on a sack of meat lol

We made our way to Norway to pick up breakfast.

Zb3VYWjl.jpg

School Bread
Sweet Cardamom Bun filled with Vanilla Crème Custard and topped with Glazed and Toasted Coconut $3.49. HEAVEN :love:

And back to The Painted Panda Food Studio because when Epcot sells cute rice pandas, you buy them.

WpPcxJkl.jpg

$5

nbwykx4l.jpg

Crystal Mooncake with Fruit Filling, garnished with Toasted Coconut – $9.75

This was interesting, I thought the outer layer was hard, but it had a jelly like consistency. Different but delicious.

Innez3Wl.jpg

Another round of curry pockets because I can’t get enough.
$3.99

made our way to Italy...
L’Arte di Mangiare:

vtCUSBzl.jpg

Sformato di Melanzane e Pomodori, Mozzarella Fior di Latte: Tomato and Eggplant Terrine, Fior di Latte Mozzarella – $9.00

Wow…just wow. I have no shame in saying I licked the plate. The olive oil with the cold tomatoes and eggplant were heaven. I am contemplating taking a one-day trip just for this dish.

We finally got to Japan to shop. While kamal waited in line, I snuck off to get more food.
Takumi Table:

CBnmEsc.jpg

Chirashi Sushi and Haupia Pearl: salmon, tuna and yuzu miso with coconut tapioca pudding
$9.75
Another hit! I dream about the fish and orange mixture, if I only I was smart enough to get 2 plates. The tapioca pudding was good but rich.

We found a spot right outside of Japan and watched illuminations. It was stunning.

TOTAL: $49.93

[​

I am off to Disneyland for the weekend! Will finish up once I get back! pixiedust:

[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Last edited:
WOW is all I can say about your awesome reviews! You made me change some of our plans for our upcoming trip next month :)
Can you tell me if it costs to become a Landry's select club member? Thanks for all the wonderful invaluable information you give with your reviews!

Traci

Enjoying your reviews. The edison looked great, am second guessing my decision not to visit now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!