For you pin code experts

busymomma123

DIS Veteran
We were about 12 hours too late to the release of the PSD and the other codes that came out last week to add to our existing reservation. Typically, we get an offer in the mail at some point every season. Does anyone know, if that means there is hope to saving some $$$? We are booked at the Poly and there are no discounts remaining for our dates or even close to our dates. Do the mail offers differ from the promotions usually? Looking at our options to see if we should stick out in hopes of a pin, or go ahead and switch to another option.

We were about 12 hours too late to the release of the PSD and the other codes that came out last week to add to our existing reservation. Typically, we get an offer in the mail at some point every season. Does anyone know, if that means there is hope to saving some $$$? We are booked at the Poly and there are no discounts remaining for our dates or even close to our dates. Do the mail offers differ from the promotions usually? Looking at our options to see if we should stick out in hopes of a pin, or go ahead and switch to another option.

Pin codes are definitely a mystery. For years, we kept getting them and then it just stopped. Haven't received a pin code in like 8 years then last week, we got one out of the blue for dates next year, although not the dates I needed.

IMHO, if you're okay paying what you have now, then waiting and hoping won't hurt BUT if you really need a discount, I wouldn't bank on receiving a pin code and I'd probably move stuff around to take advantage of an existing discount - but again, that's just my opinion. Hope it works out for you!

I got one in the mail yesterday but it was addressed to my brother who doesn’t live here. We took him on a trip a couple of years ago. I guess they want him back. Lol.

I got one in the mail yesterday but it was addressed to my brother who doesn’t live here. We took him on a trip a couple of years ago. I guess they want him back. Lol.
We got one in our email but they said it wasn’t our name that was tied to the code?!?!?! We’ve had that email for at least 20 years!

We got two in the mail today, both addressed to my college student son. I could use them but after four trips in the last 18 months due to season passes, we are done for a few years.

2016, 2017, 2018 trips always on property. Also regulars 2000- 2007 on-site. Our trip last month we went for it and upgraded to APs. 3 weeks after we were home we get a PIN code. We bought the APs thinking we'd get a decent discount on room only ressies for 2019. Does anyone know if this pin code is better than AP discount that might come out for Jan - Mar 2019? We're looking at all resorts... have stayed deluxe, mod and value. Our preference for each is Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter and All Star Movies. TIA, y'all.

Oh! PIN is 30% off deluxe, 25% off mod and I'm not sure about Value. I just don't know what the AP discount is/will be.

We've gone nearly every year, at least once a year, since 1998...and received our first and only PIN code in October 2017. :confused:

We got two in the mail today, both addressed to my college student son. I could use them but after four trips in the last 18 months due to season passes, we are done for a few years.
can you pass Pin codes on to a friend if you don't want them?

I received a pin code in December. I need to book by 1/25/19 and it can save me up to 30% on stays 1/1 - 3/9/19 or up to 25% on stays from 3/10 - 6/1/19. I have established a pattern of going every other year and I seem to get a pin code for the years in between. I wasn't planning on going again until 2020, but planning a trip for 2019 is very enticing. The code I have is called a Unique Offer Code on my brochure and comes up as "Enchanting Room Offer" in the Disney World planning site - if anyone is curious.

As a numbers nerd, I have been crunching numbers with real dates for a possible 2019 trip from 5/27 - 6/8 at Pop Century for a Standard Pool Room for myself and DD12. Yes, part of my vacation would be outside the offer period, but I'm talking real dates for a real vacation, if I cave to the temptation.

What I have decided is that this particular pin code is not the best savings for me. There is currently a Sun and Fun room offer that does not require a special code. The Sun and Fun offer actually gives me a greater discount on the room rate and when adding tickets, the Sun and Fun package is less expensive than adding tickets to the Enchanting Offer. Turning the Enchanting Room offer into a package actually becomes the most expensive option by $261, by raising the price of the room.

Here's how it breaks down:
Cheapest option is Sun and Fun plus Undercover Tourist Tickets = $2990
Next is Enchanting room plus Undercover Tourist Tickets = $3009
Next is Sun and Fun with ticket Package = $3057
Most expensive is Enchanting Room with ticket Package = $3251

And if it matters, I could get a Little Mermaid Room at Art of Animation under the Fun and Sun offer with tickets for $3425, but those rooms are not available under the Enchanting Room offer.

I don't know if this helps anyone, but it helps me feel confident that I'm not really at a disadvantage if I don't book with a pin code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!