For those with MDE app trouble...

rubredvelvet

Earning My Ears
I'm new, and a mostly a lurker here, but we just got back from our first trip in sometime and thought I'd share because I see so many MDE problems.

Weeks leading up to our trip, I could not get MDE to load on my phone. App would open but everything would be blank but I chalked it up to being the app. I finally mentioned it to my non-disney planning, SDET husband, and he found out I had my phone in battery saver mode. He turned it off and magically I could change dinning, add and search for fastpasses, etc.

I know there are major issues with the app and won't fix everyones issues, but figured for those that may be having troubles maybe see if that setting is on? I have a Pixel phone and noticed my phone will automatically turn battery saver on, so I had to consciously look to make sure I turned it off when trying to use the app. For me personally last week I had no issues once I turned battery saver off while using MDE at the parks and hotel.

sometimes deleting the app and reinstalling it will also help. Disney IT told me that.

We were just in WDW for the last 2 weeks - app worked like a song while I was there. We did has sporadic issues while at home during some of the planning stages but it worked great there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter