For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

Thank you for your detailed information about how Costco reservation and Alamo Insider work. How early can I check in online? If I need to take the " Skip the Counter" ticket with me, then I probably would have to print it out before I leave home and take the 6-hr flight. Is that okay I check in that early? One more question is that if I "Skip the Counter" then I cannot add one additional free driver provided by Costco benefit?

Also thanks to the above two responses that now I'm confident to change my reservation from full to standard size so that I can save several bucks.
We usually just "check-in" the day before we leave home. You can do this anytime before you leave but I prefer to wait until the last day just in case there are any more price drops before we leave.

When you are filling in the info in the "Skip the Counter" online check-in, just after you add/verify the first drivers info, there is a link to add the second drivers info. This link is available for all rentals but if you are using a Costco code, the extra driver is added for $0.00/day.

Thank you for your detailed information about how Costco reservation and Alamo Insider work. How early can I check in online? If I need to take the " Skip the Counter" ticket with me, then I probably would have to print it out before I leave home and take the 6-hr flight. Is that okay I check in that early? One more question is that if I "Skip the Counter" then I cannot add one additional free driver provided by Costco benefit?

Also thanks to the above two responses that now I'm confident to change my reservation from full to standard size so that I can save several bucks.
I check in as soon as my plans are finalized. I’m already checked in for two January reservations with skip the counter tickets in my travel documents.

Yes, you still get the second driver for free. When you check in on the Alamo site, you add the second driver at that time. I always add DW’s information in case she needs to drive the rental. Never happened yet, since she prefers to avoid driving in areas with unfamiliar roads, but there’s always a first time or a possible emergency.

Many thanks to all the responses above. Now I'm prepared to go!!

As Ralph&Pam, I'll add DW as the second driver just in case if there's a need.

I thought I read something about this on here but, of course, can't find it now. Is it OK to book 2 reservations (one for standard and one for minivan) for the same dates/times? Trying to get lucky and get a minivan for the standard price. Is there a way to see what cars are available when I get to the counter? Traveling in February and booking Alamo thru Costco. Thanks!!

Just got back from a wonderful trip and we picked up a Suburban using a premium SUV. I did go take a look at the mid size aisle and full size aisle and was shocked to see three vans in the mid size aisle. I could have saved a good amount of money by booking a mid size but the Suburban was great and we felt like we were riding around in a car that was driven by a professional driver. We had so much extra room that was nice.

Does anyone have any feedback about the type of cars/availability of the premium car class? prices are decent and curious what kind of an upgrade they are over the full size

Is it pointless to rent this type. Hoping to get something comfortable or even a larger SUV

Does anyone have any feedback about the type of cars/availability of the premium car class? prices are decent and curious what kind of an upgrade they are over the full size

Is it pointless to rent this type. Hoping to get something comfortable or even a larger SUV

Honestly unless the price is a very small difference I would try to book standard or full maybe even mid-size and then have a second reservation in case you need it. We went in December and there was mini vans in the mid size aisle. I paid a lot for a premium SUV and loved it but would have loved saving about $200 and riding around in the mini van.

See I'm more hoping for an upgrade to a luxury class or full size suv if a premium isn't available or doesn't exist there. it was an extra 14$ to go premium over full size. but after reading this thread, found that wide variety is available. are convertibles in completely separate rows and probably not an option for premium?

See I'm more hoping for an upgrade to a luxury class or full size suv if a premium isn't available or doesn't exist there. it was an extra 14$ to go premium over full size. but after reading this thread, found that wide variety is available. are convertibles in completely separate rows and probably not an option for premium?
We have found Ford Mustangs and Dodge Challengers (sporty but not convertibles) in Alamo's Premium aisle in the last couple of years

So just to get this straight, if I book a "standard" I will get to choose a full size? What about "mid size" what would you get if you reserved that class? We are a family of 5 with 3 large suitcases. We are arriving the Friday of President's Day. Right now I have a full sized booked but the standard size is cheaper. I am afraid I'll get screwed if I "down grade" to standard and don't get at least a full size. Thoughts....

Last edited:
So just to get this straight, if I book a "standard" I will get to choose a full size? What about "mid size" what would you get if you reserved that class? We are a family of 5 with 3 large suitcases. We are arriving the Friday of President's Day. Right now I have a full sized booked but the standard size is cheaper. I am afraid I'll get screwed if I "down grade" to standard and don't get at least a full size. Thoughts....
There is no standard aisle at MCO so you automatically go to the full size aisle. The midsize aisle varies, the last few time since been there it’s had cars like a Toyota Corolla and other makes/models of the same size as well as mini vans, and other types of vans. It typically depends on the time of day and time of year if the mid size aisle has cars that are form other classes on it.

There is no standard aisle at MCO so you automatically go to the full size aisle. The midsize aisle varies, the last few time since been there it’s had cars like a Toyota Corolla and other makes/models of the same size as well as mini vans, and other types of vans. It typically depends on the time of day and time of year if the mid size aisle has cars that are form other classes on it.

Thank you. I canceled the full size and booked the standard. I am assuming if I booked full size that is what I would get. Makes sense to save the 13.00 and book the standard.

I thought I read something about this on here but, of course, can't find it now. Is it OK to book 2 reservations (one for standard and one for minivan) for the same dates/times? Trying to get lucky and get a minivan for the standard price. Is there a way to see what cars are available when I get to the counter? Traveling in February and booking Alamo thru Costco. Thanks!!

I wondered about this but I read their cancelation policy and in order to avoid a 50.00 charge cancelations must be made before the 24h mark. So you can't hold 2 and decide which one to go with when you get there.

I wondered about this but I read their cancelation policy and in order to avoid a 50.00 charge cancelations must be made before the 24h mark. So you can't hold 2 and decide which one to go with when you get there.

I have rented from Alamo many times including this last trip and I always hold multiple reservations and have never been charged a cancelation fee but I also book through Costco and they do not require a credit card to hold so even if they had one they wouldn't have anything to charge.

I have rented from Alamo many times including this last trip and I always hold multiple reservations and have never been charged a cancelation fee but I also book through Costco and they do not require a credit card to hold so even if they had one they wouldn't have anything to charge.
So do you check the aisle before checking in online or at the kiosk?

So do you check the aisle before checking in online or at the kiosk?

Yeah that is one of the simple ways to do it. The last trip I was on we wanted to make sure we had plenty of room for luggage so we went with the premium SUV but was sad to see multiple mini vans in the mid size aisle and could have had plenty of room with that but we loved the SUV

I’m worried it’s going to be an aisle of impalas and that’s it!! Thanks for the reply!
Last January, the Premium aisle had a couple of Buick Enclave's, a Dodge Charger, a large 4 dr Ford 4x4 truck, a couple of Ford Edge's and a Ford Flex.
Not really sporty at all...well I guess you could sort of call the Black Dodge Charger, sporty-ish. (I don't really consider any 4dr sporty)

So I booked an intermediate class car through Alamo, is that the same class as standard? Or is it bigger or smaller? What cars would be in the intermediate isle?
Thanks!

So I booked an intermediate class car through Alamo, is that the same class as standard? Or is it bigger or smaller? What cars would be in the intermediate isle?
Thanks!
Smaller. It’s between compact and standard/full size.

I have had a Toyota Corolla. I had a Mazda last time that was the same size as a corolla.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts