For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

Coupon code:
AD2823JAZ $25 off week

That works for me for just about any car class.

I forgot to post after my September trip. We traveled the week after Labor Day, picked up a midsize SUV. I had 3 reservations - one for a standard, one for a midsize SUV and one for a minivan. The standard row only held cars and pickup trucks (I wanted something bigger, but not a truck). Midsize SUV had several options, but we went with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. When we returned the car and walked by, the standard aisle had a ton of minivans, SUV's and smaller cars. We travel again in November, and I rented a minivan and a standard.

One quick note, when I pulled up to the booth after having done check in on my phone, the agent gave me a bit of an attitude that I had "several" reservations. I pointed out that only one was checked in and I was offering her the details on my phone, but she had elected to search by name making it more confusing. I explained that it's difficult to cancel reservations online, and I didn't have time to call, and that was the end of it.

Coupon code:
AD2823JAZ $25 off week

That works for me for just about any car class.

I forgot to post after my September trip. We traveled the week after Labor Day, picked up a midsize SUV. I had 3 reservations - one for a standard, one for a midsize SUV and one for a minivan. The standard row only held cars and pickup trucks (I wanted something bigger, but not a truck). Midsize SUV had several options, but we went with a Jeep Grand Cherokee. When we returned the car and walked by, the standard aisle had a ton of minivans, SUV's and smaller cars. We travel again in November, and I rented a minivan and a standard.

One quick note, when I pulled up to the booth after having done check in on my phone, the agent gave me a bit of an attitude that I had "several" reservations. I pointed out that only one was checked in and I was offering her the details on my phone, but she had elected to search by name making it more confusing. I explained that it's difficult to cancel reservations online, and I didn't have time to call, and that was the end of it.

Thanks for posting the code and the inventory you encountered coming and going.

While not required, I would encourage you to cancel unneeded reservations...it's effectively holding unneeded inventory from others trying to rent. I get where it isn't necessarily convenient cancelling reservations in the garage...although it isn't really hard to do online. At the point you "checked in", you've pretty much committed to one of your reservations. I would think you could have cancelled the other 2 at that time.

We've rented twice from Alamo for a standard size car. First trip was June 2017 and second was September 2018. Both times there were numerous Dodge Caravans in the standard aisle so we grabbed those. We have a Sienna at home and are used to driving a minivan so that is what we gravitate towards.

We are going back in 3 weeks and have a reservation for an intermediate SUV. I'll try to remember what I see and report back.

We're back from our trip and I wanted to update on what I saw in the midsize aisle. DH wasn't patient with me to make notes so I took a few blurry pics as we drove out. There were a few Dodge minivans there which is what we chose. WE drive a Sienna at home and we like the extra space since DH is a big and tall guy. We initially got into a Jeep Compass which was nice but too small for us. There was also a Toyota Rav-4 and Ford Escape and whatever Mazda's midsize suv is. I also see a blurry pic of a Nissan Pickup.

First time with Alamo and have been pouring over this info and have a question. Are there different aisles for standard car, standard suv and minivan?

So when someone says they had a reservation for a mid sized and a standard (they mean car?) And was able to find a minivan in Them? Then they were charged the standard car rate for it? That seems too good to be true. If you pull up with a minivan and have a reservation for a full sized car, why wouldn’t you get charged the minivan rate?

So the standard/full-size aisle would have standard/full-size cars AND suvs in it ?

Thinking of reserving a standard/full-size car and seeing if a minivan or standard suv would be in it.

First time with Alamo and have been pouring over this info and have a question. Are there different aisles for standard car, standard suv and minivan?

So when someone says they had a reservation for a mid sized and a standard (they mean car?) And was able to find a minivan in Them? Then they were charged the standard car rate for it? That seems too good to be true. If you pull up with a minivan and have a reservation for a full sized car, why wouldn’t you get charged the minivan rate?

So the standard/full-size aisle would have standard/full-size cars AND suvs in it ?

Thinking of reserving a standard/full-size car and seeing if a minivan or standard suv would be in it.

Yes, there are different aisles for most of the classes. It is true at MCO that there's no point in reserving a fullsize since they are in the same aisle as standard and full size is generally listed as a little more expensive. It is also true that there *might* be some minivans or SUV's in the standard/fullsize aisle and I've also occasionally seen them in the compact aisle, but you can't count on it. If you rent standard/full and see an SUV you like, by all means take it, but if you really need an SUV or minivan, that's what you should rent.

Are the mid size / standard cars and mid size / standard SUV in seperate aisles ? I know some times you can get a SUV in the car aisles
I have a booking in November for mid size SUV since June keep checking prices nearly everyday initial cost was $481 USD for 10 days (from Australia so that’s the all up price)about a month ago was $403 then $280 and the other day was $305
Checking today the mid size no longer shows up as an option only Standard;Full Size and Luxury what’s interesting is same thing happened two years ago when had a midsize booked an upon arriving at garage around 11 pm there was no midsize so was given a standard

When the lot attendants bring the vehicles out to the garage and park them in the aisles, they "scan" the vehicle into the aisle that they park them in with their handheld scanners.

So...if you find a minivan or SUV in the Full Size aisle, it shows up as a FS car when the gate attendant "scans" it out.

However, if you were to just take a minivan from the minivan aisle, it would scan out as a minivan and your reservation for a FS car wouldn't work (you'd be required to pay current minivan rate or to return it and take something from the FS car aisle)
***some people have noted that if they have a Standard/FS reservation but don't find anything they like (or big enough) on the FS aisle that they have asked a lot attendant and they have been accommodated with an SUV or minivan (the lot attendant has changed the coding for the vehicle they choose)
This seems to be a BIG YMMV but couldn't hurt to ask

One last note: some people make multiple reservations and check what is available on the aisle when they arrive.
Personally I don't do this as I feel it ties up inventory and causes prices to rise
BUT if you are going to go this route; please cancel the unused reservation as a courtesy to the rest of the renters out there and the rental company...thanks.

Last edited:

I have a standard SUV reserved. Does anyone know what options they usually have for that class? I’m hoping for a Ford Explorer or equivalent.

Rented a mini van and got a dodge caravan. There were almost all caravans aside from one Pacifica

We rented a mid size suv in November. There were several Rogues, Tucsons, a Ford Edge and even a mini van in our aisle. We chose the Tucson and we loved it.

Can someone just make sure I'm understanding this right.
I hold a minivan isle reservation for $607, and I just also grabbed a standard reservation for $406. So, I wait to check in online on my phone till I see if there is a Caravan in the standard isle. If so check in the standard and drop the Mini van res, if not do the opposite.

I know there is no guarantees but this could save me $200....Is there more to this?

Can someone just make sure I'm understanding this right.
I hold a minivan isle reservation for $607, and I just also grabbed a standard reservation for $406. So, I wait to check in online on my phone till I see if there is a Caravan in the standard isle. If so check in the standard and drop the Mini van res, if not do the opposite.

I know there is no guarantees but this could save me $200....Is there more to this?

Nope. That is what you do.

Has anyone noticed what’s in the Premium SUV aisle at MCO lately? We usually get a minivan but looking for a change. Are there a lot to choose from?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Pics from the Alamo full-size/ standard aisle at MCO. Just an example of what could be there. A little bit of everything!

Cheapest Alamo price that I can find is through Alamo site using coupon code AD3868JST and Costco contract code 7014627. Costco site has been higher than Alamo (using these codes) each day that I check. Leaving 2/3/19

Attachments

• 51CCF2A2-0FFC-4B65-8792-0D8E527E0C06.jpeg
    51CCF2A2-0FFC-4B65-8792-0D8E527E0C06.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 105
  • 0ED49BF8-3B6E-4D4E-9758-6BB8FCA34449.jpeg
    0ED49BF8-3B6E-4D4E-9758-6BB8FCA34449.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Just back, mid SUV and took a Ford Escape. There were lots of Nissan Rogues. A couple of other vehicles, I forget what. I open them up and smell them for smoke, and for heavy cleaning smells (that sometimes are there to cover up smoke).

At MCO and there are LOTS of pick up trucks in the midsize car, standard and mid suv lanes. I asked about a mini van that was parked but locked in the midsize car aisle. The attendant just said- You can just pick from the minivan aisle and it won’t be an additional cost. She didn’t look at what my reservation was. Got a nice Pacifica

Two weeks ago I had a reservation for an Economy car. Got to the garage, an attendant asked me what I had reserved, and he walked over to the aisle with me. There were 3 identical cars to pick from. As he pointed them out one started up. He laughed as he said two isn’t enough to pick from and he led me over to the midsize aisle and told me to pick whatever I wanted. There was a selection of cars, a couple extended cab pick-ups, and two minivans. I grabbed one of the minivans since there was 4 of us (all adults). Sure was nice as we we had plenty of space for our Disney days and our drive to Jacksonville and back to MCO for a work conference! Paid $133 for the week using autoslash to find the rate through Priceline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter