For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

There will be a better selection in the Standard/FS aisle but for just $6 more I would go with the Premium.
In the last few years, we have booked Premium several times and had a Chev Impala (loaded), a Buick LaCrosse, a Dodge Charger RX, a Dodge Challenger RT, a Ford Mustang (twice) and an Infiniti G35.
There were other vehicles in the aisle but these were our picks (sometimes you want a little luxury and space an other times something fun and sporty is in order)
Thanks! Very helpful.

There will be a better selection in the Standard/FS aisle but for just $6 more I would go with the Premium.
In the last few years, we have booked Premium several times and had a Chev Impala (loaded), a Buick LaCrosse, a Dodge Charger RX, a Dodge Challenger RT, a Ford Mustang (twice) and an Infiniti G35.
There were other vehicles in the aisle but these were our picks (sometimes you want a little luxury and space an other times something fun and sporty is in order)

OMG!!! I would LOVE to have a Buick LaCrosse. Last year I had a reservation for a Full-size and they let me pick from the premium aisle. We got a Chevy Impala. It was NICE...but it didnt feel like Premium to me. It felt like it should be in Full-size aisle. I wasnt sporty or luxury in my opinion. Just roomy and comfortable. But I didn't complain.

OMG!!! I would LOVE to have a Buick LaCrosse. Last year I had a reservation for a Full-size and they let me pick from the premium aisle. We got a Chevy Impala. It was NICE...but it didnt feel like Premium to me. It felt like it should be in Full-size aisle. I wasnt sporty or luxury in my opinion. Just roomy and comfortable. But I didn't complain.

I have had the same type of experience when they tried to offer me a Ford Taurus. I was like what is Premium about that. Then they offered me a Jetta and I was like excuse me. Then they said if you like you can just get a full size then and I ask what would that be and they said a Dodge Charger. Took that offer the two premium cars.

It's in the middle of the terminal. Southwest is near the end, so just go down that one level to the rental car level, then you walk to approximately the middle of the terminal, cross a street and Alamo is on the ground level and left side of the parking garage. 5 minute or so walk...(much easier if you have wheeled luggage or get one of those carts...and do the online checkin)

As far as the free driver goes, try to find a discount code that includes the free driver...and make sure you do the "paperwork" when you do the online checkin. You'll also need to show both licenses when you exit. Costco is a good one for including a free driver, and I'm sure there's others. But make sure you qualify...for instance, if you use Costco for the additional driver and you're not a Costco member, there's a very good chance you'd have no problem renting the vehicle. Where you could run into problems is if that additional driver gets in an accident.

Remind me - I thought being an Insider qualifies the spouse. What paperwork? I did my check in early to see the process - don't recall a space for an additional driver.

Remind me - I thought being an Insider qualifies the spouse. What paperwork? I did my check in early to see the process - don't recall a space for an additional driver.

I know if you book through Costco it includes an additional driver and it doesn't have to be a spouse

You can add the driver at the gate. Your spouse needs to be with you (backfired for us, left spouse waiting for delayed baggage while I picked up the car).

You can add the driver at the gate. Your spouse needs to be with you (backfired for us, left spouse waiting for delayed baggage while I picked up the car).

We usually fly separately - because of work - we're not royalty or anything. In the past, I have added him at the counter at MCO when he lands a little extra time spent in line. Usually equals 1-2 extra Disney days for me and all of the errands done.

Bumping because I am renting from the Standard/FS aisle in 2 weeks, and would like to see what people have been getting recently. We rented in early September last year, and had mainly full size SUV's to choose from (worked out great for us especially because we got stuck in Irma.. great to have a giant truck!).

BUMP!!! would love to know about standard SUV's from Alamo. Has anyone rented one recently? What did you get? We arrive 09/17 and I am curious.

Bumping because I am renting from the Standard/FS aisle in 2 weeks, and would like to see what people have been getting recently. We rented in early September last year, and had mainly full size SUV's to choose from (worked out great for us especially because we got stuck in Irma.. great to have a giant truck!).

Would love to know what was available when you return...

On 22 of August, at 9am, Full size aisle: one Corolla, lots of large trucks and minivans. When I complained, they said, well you should have booked a higher class. Um, what? Did not fight, and took the Corolla. No way I'd take a truck, and I hate minivans.

Here's hoping the midsize will be a better selection in a few weeks.

On 22 of August, at 9am, Full size aisle: one Corolla, lots of large trucks and minivans. When I complained, they said, well you should have booked a higher class. Um, what? Did not fight, and took the Corolla. No way I'd take a truck, and I hate minivans.

Here's hoping the midsize will be a better selection in a few weeks.
Hmm normally a corolla would be on the mid size aisle and a Camry would be on the full size. I got lucky that on one of my trips when the mid size aisle didn’t have what I wanted it was early in the morning and they had a lot of cars still at the car wash area that I was able to get one of the guys to go get me an actual mid size car.

We rented from Alamo Aug 14-21 and reserved a standard suv. There was whatever was listed in the reservation page (can’t remember what is pictured) but we lucked out and grabbed a GMC Acadia. It was huge and had room for 7. Loved it! There was also some kind of fancy Jeep but the Acadia was bigger, so we took it. Sorry for being cryptic, as I didn’t get the make of cars that were there!!

We've rented twice from Alamo for a standard size car. First trip was June 2017 and second was September 2018. Both times there were numerous Dodge Caravans in the standard aisle so we grabbed those. We have a Sienna at home and are used to driving a minivan so that is what we gravitate towards.

We are going back in 3 weeks and have a reservation for an intermediate SUV. I'll try to remember what I see and report back.

Any Alamo coupons right now?
  • Save $20 off base rates for Premium, Luxury, SUVs and Minivans from Alamo. Subject to availability, 24 hour advanced reservations required. 3 day minimum, 35 day maximum rental period. Use coupon code AD2684DNJ. Valid for travel through 9/15/18.
  • Get a FREE car class upgrade from Alamo. Valid on compact through mid-sized cars. Blackout dates may apply, 24 hour advanced reservations required. 27 day maximum rental period. Use coupon code AU5236DJA. Valid for travel through 12/31/18.

• Save $20 off base rates for Premium, Luxury, SUVs and Minivans from Alamo. Subject to availability, 24 hour advanced reservations required. 3 day minimum, 35 day maximum rental period. Use coupon code AD2684DNJ. Valid for travel through 9/15/18.
  • Get a FREE car class upgrade from Alamo. Valid on compact through mid-sized cars. Blackout dates may apply, 24 hour advanced reservations required. 27 day maximum rental period. Use coupon code AU5236DJA. Valid for travel through 12/31/18.

Thank you!

We've rented twice from Alamo for a standard size car. First trip was June 2017 and second was September 2018. Both times there were numerous Dodge Caravans in the standard aisle so we grabbed those. We have a Sienna at home and are used to driving a minivan so that is what we gravitate towards.

We are going back in 3 weeks and have a reservation for an intermediate SUV. I'll try to remember what I see and report back.
We usually rent full size, wouldn't mind a minivan, More room!:thumbsup2

This one is unfortunately expired

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter