For those who have stayed concierge at YC or any other WDW resort?

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
My husband will not go in an elevator. If we stay at the YC concierge, how will he get to the 5th floor? It says in the info I have read that with most, if not all concierge rooms, and lounge, you have a key card and seperate elevator entrance. How the heck can my husband get there? Has anyone ever had a problem if you don't use the elevator?

You could do Sugar Loaf concierge at the GF and request a ground floor room. The concierge lounge is in the lobby of the building...on the ground floor. We stayed there in January and enjoyed it.

Hi Desnik,
I would simply talk to the cocnierge staff at the YC and explain the situation. I dont know if they have a better solution, but there are stairs going up to the 5th floor, they are the emergency exit stairs, maybe they would just have him use those, I'm sure they would work out something!!!

at the GF, if you're staying RPC, I have no idea, they must have emergency stairs too though, or Sugar Loaf you can request ground floor!

:)

Laura :)

I certainly sympathize with your husband. I'm claustrophobic and need to sit on an aisle seat on the plane. Since this is the only problem I have(Ha! Ha!) my family indulges me. We stay concierge at the Poly and the Hawaii conc. building is only 3 stories high with the conc. lounge on the second floor. DH could manage this conc. easily. Good luck, whatever you choose!
Susan

- There are stairs at either end of the building.

Our room at yc concerige was at the end of the far hall, and had the emergency stairs there. It was actually quicker to go down them to go to the pool, or b&c's. Not sure if you can go up them, you might have to take elevator, and go down to the end of the hall & open the door, for him! There was no alarm on this stairwell when we stayed there. You come out over near the lounge & yachetsmen steakhouse, there is a wood door and a few wood stairs, no sign on the door or marking but that's were it came out! Good luck, MKY:)

The concierge bldg at the Poly only has three floors and the food lounge is on the 2nd floor. We stayed on the 1st floor last year and never used the elevator once. You can also get to any thing else at the Poly by using the stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter