For those that stayed overnight the night before your cruise....

We stayed at the airport Hyatt (DCL Air). Once we ate at the restaurant at the lobby level of the Hyatt. I don't recommend this at all. It was overpriced and the food was marginal at best. The last time we went, we ate at the Shipyard Brewery in the airport terminal. This was good, standard bar food. Nothing too fancy, but not too pricey, considering it's an airport bar.

For breakfast, avoid the buffet at the Hyatt on the top floor. Again, I thought it wasn't nearly worth it. I recommend the bagel place in the terminal. It's enough to tide you over until you get on the ship and load up your plate with peel-and-eat shrimp!

There's also plenty of fast food places in the terminal for both dinner and breakfast. Can't help with off-property.

McDonalds.

I know it is not fancy, but we knew Matt was going to have to eat sit down dinners for a week, so we let him have his Happy Meal fix.

Sorry Dave, yes we are staying at the Radisson and I was thinking dinner. Is Merrit Island too inconvenient?

No, Merritt Island's certainly within reasonable driving distance. I personally prefer Cocoa Beach. It's closer to the Radisson and I enjoy being on or near the beach.

There is an Italian restaurant right next to the Radisson - Kelsey's - just walk across the parking lot. It has excellent pizza (carry out available) and a good, authentic Italian menu. The people running it spoke Italian and gave it the right atmosphere.

My DB and his family ate in the Radisson and said it was excellent. And they are pretty selective.

Lots of chain restaurants in Merritt Island....Outback, Olive Garden, TGI Fridays, pizza places, and fast food. Probbaly only 10 minute drive from the Radisson. Also on the way, you'll drive right past a Super Walmart for any last minute needs.

We ate at Applebees in Merritt Island. There is also a steak house near Ron Jons, can't remember the name, it was pretty good.

The Steak house is called Durango's - excellent food - Dave from Marietta has done an extensive research and his web site covers just about everything - take a glance and it will give you an idea about restaurants -
Dave by the way just FYI --Shoney's closed (tho the food wasn't that good)
Always,
Shirley:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter