For those sailing in 2021...how are you feeling?

I feel good about my April cruise. I believe we will have a vaccine by then. I hope that Disney makes sure that guests on the cruise have had the vaccine.
I would like that too. Since you can’t force people to have vaccines for medical or religious reasons that won’t happen. And if it was only those people we had to be concerned about I think we all feel fine about that. But it’s all the people who think it’s “unnecessary” creating too large of a population of people without the vaccine that make it dangerous for those that can’t have it medically.

I have a Spring break cruise booked for 2021 and I'm not worried. I expect most things to be running smoothly by then, although it may be rocky in the fall of 2020.

The one thing about moving PIF dates closer to sailing is that the refund/cancellation policy is NOT changing. For example, our PIF date for our August cruise is now 60 days before the cruise. So yes we could have waited to PIF but I wanted to do online check in. And if I decide to pull the plug on tbe cruise (which we will soon) we have to do it before the 75 day mark. By PIF if you decide to cancel you will still lose your deposit. So I have to decide by June 10, NOT June 24.

I was actually relieved when our July 2020 cruise got canceled, and that it got canceled a lot earlier than some of the other cruises. We rebooked for July 2021, but for a 9 night Southern Caribbean. I am actually really excited for it, longer cruise and a new itinerary for us. I feel much more confident about it. I think we will know more about how things are going sooner than we have this year. I also somehow think things are just going to be better. I don't know if there will be a vaccine or anything really. I am assuming there won't be, but I still feel very confident that we would go next July.

At this moment, I feel like the airline rebooking restrictions are more of a burden than booking a cruise. At last a cruise you can cancel. We had booked this summer cruise to Alaska (which is obviously a no-go), and had airfare booked. We need to use the airfare 2 years from the booking date, which puts us at late 2021. We are debating trying to rebook the cruise for summer 2021 or just take a tradition vacation with the airfare credits. If it weren’t for the airfare, we’d probably push the cruise to summer 2022. With our work schedules, summer is the only travel option, which further narrows things for us.

We lost our Alaska cruise this year and this uncertainty is exactly why I opted not to rebook an Alaska next year. I knew I wouldn’t enjoy planning it because I wouldn’t want to get my hopes up again. I’m sure we will do some type of cruise next year as we live in Florida, so not anything that requires flying. Hoping to look at Alaska for 2022.

My family and I were booked on an August 2020 Disney Alaska cruise, which I cancelled the end of March. I took my refund and rebooked it for May 2021. My initial worry was losing my job and having the money tied up into a cruise that I couldn’t cancel. But I have been reassured of my position at work and have been working since the shut down occurred. I have already rebooked a hotel in Vancouver and one of our excursions for next May. With or without a vaccine, we plan on going. There are a few things that might make me cancel, but I’ll wait and see how much Disney cruising changes when cruises resume. Will I be disappointed if I have to cancel again? Absolutely, but that is life. We are still taking a vacation this August. It won’t be a cruise, but is does involve air travel, hotels, zip lining, horseback riding, and good food.

Seems like a good bet that our 4 night Dream cruise in March will be OK. Worst case they may restrict it to Castaway Cay only, but that would be just fine with me. I've heard that some lines are cancelling sea days as they want time for passengers to be off while the sanitize the ship, so perhaps it gets changed in some way. There is still a lot of time between now and then. We are learning more nearly every day about the virus and the way to treat it, so I'm pretty optimistic that by the time we sail in March, we'll be good to go.

We rescheduled for April 2021, and I'm not nearly as optimistic as others. I'm hopeful, but if I had to wager, I'd put the odds at 2-1 in favor of not going.

That being said, when they do resume, I do agree that Disney will be trying to maximize the use of Castaway Cay instead of sea days. It's not to sanitize the ship, though. It's to promote social distancing, because there's more space for people to spread out on the beach instead on board the ship.

We rescheduled for April 2021, and I'm not nearly as optimistic as others. I'm hopeful, but if I had to wager, I'd put the odds at 2-1 in favor of not going.

That being said, when they do resume, I do agree that Disney will be trying to maximize the use of Castaway Cay instead of sea days. It's not to sanitize the ship, though. It's to promote social distancing, because there's more space for people to spread out on the beach instead on board the ship.
I agree with you. Also, those multiple days at castaway cay tend to come at a higher price given the popularity; hence, allowing DCL to rake in higher margins.

For those of you needing a little shot of more optimism, here is a basis for more hope for good cruising next year:

In this article, Dr María Neira, the WHO Director for Public Health, says their models are showing a second wave being increasingly less likely. She says caution is required, but thinks that the virus will have a hard time surviving.

The article is in Spanish, so you may need to use Google Translate or the like.

Again, she urges caution, and she seems to contradict others in WHO who think a second waive is likely, but she isn't alone. Several mathematicians, and scientist in other fields, are making similar predictions. One Singapore model shows the virus ending this November (in the U.S. - earlier in other areas) and not coming back.

Of course, nobody knows for sure, but I will take all the optimism I can for now. Here is to a possible cruise (or two if we are lucky) without the rona!

For those of you needing a little shot of more optimism, here is a basis for more hope for good cruising next year:

In this article, Dr María Neira, the WHO Director for Public Health, says their models are showing a second wave being increasingly less likely. She says caution is required, but thinks that the virus will have a hard time surviving.

The article is in Spanish, so you may need to use Google Translate or the like.

Again, she urges caution, and she seems to contradict others in WHO who think a second waive is likely, but she isn't alone. Several mathematicians, and scientist in other fields, are making similar predictions. One Singapore model shows the virus ending this November (in the U.S. - earlier in other areas) and not coming back.

Of course, nobody knows for sure, but I will take all the optimism I can for now. Here is to a possible cruise (or two if we are lucky) without the rona!
I hadn’t seen this so thank you for posting! I’m with you I’ll take any good news these days...so hope there won’t be a second wave and we’ll all be back to cruising soon:lovestruc

At this moment, I feel like the airline rebooking restrictions are more of a burden than booking a cruise. At last a cruise you can cancel. We had booked this summer cruise to Alaska (which is obviously a no-go), and had airfare booked. We need to use the airfare 2 years from the booking date, which puts us at late 2021. We are debating trying to rebook the cruise for summer 2021 or just take a tradition vacation with the airfare credits. If it weren’t for the airfare, we’d probably push the cruise to summer 2022. With our work schedules, summer is the only travel option, which further narrows things for us.
Not sure who your airline is, but Delta recently loosened up their eVoucher use time period:
We’re now waiving change fees and providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through September 30, 2022, for customers who:
  • have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020
  • have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March through September 30, 2020

We are cautious optimistic about our rebooked cruise. We spent a lot of time hyping up the trip to the little one and have had to roll that back (along with a trip to WDW), we will hope and watch and start talking it up next year but we are a year+ out and as we know the world can change in a very short time.

Be excited, try not to think about the what ifs...faith, trust and pixie dust

We are set for a January cruise on the Wonder out of Galveston. That cruise happens after our September cruise this year on the Fantasy. I am never down on myself over things I can't control. If the mission changes (22 yrs Army) or the design/plans change (12 yr civil engineer) I accept the changes and keep moving forward.

I booked us on the 8 night Greek isles out of Rome June 19, 2021...while I’m super excited for this cruise I’m also very worried and wondering if I should even get my hopes up. I’m worried about a second wave in the fall/winter where we have to go through this all over again and our cruise gets canceled. I’m worried about what cruises will actually be like also. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and we LOVE the shows. Will there even be shows since it’s so many people in one room? Will masks be required? Will we be able to meet characters and take pictures with them? I know no one knows the answers to these questions but it’s just constantly on my mind. I just can’t seem to get excited and really look forward to this bc I’m so worried about the what if’s. It almost makes me think about just canceling and rebooking for Europe 2022 when they become available.

If you‘re booked in 2021 how are you feeling about your cruise?

We are booked for the same sailing! 😊 We booked that after our June 9 night Southern Caribbean cruise was canceled. I am feeling optimistic that enough time will pass that everyone will have a better handle on the situation by then. As for changes, we are definitely expecting that things won't be the same, but Disney is innovative and guest-focused enough that I believe it will still be the type of experience have come to expect. Also, from our experience with European cruises, the port days are so spectacular and full that we appreciate the downtime once back on the ship. Honestly, after being locked down for 2 months now, and missing out on Disneyland for spring Break, our 20th anniversary trip, my son's senior year activities, my daughter's water polo season, a 9 night cruise, and just generally leaving the house as a family, we will be grateful to start seeing the world again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!