For those of you who have done Concierge service....

misscampbells

Disboard Junkie in Idaho
Can you fill me in on all the perks? Is it worth the extra cash?? I will be going with my family in October or November, my dh, ds and dd. What kinds of things do you get for the extra money?

Thanks in advance,
Kathy

Kathy,
As for your questions here is what I can tell you.... (I have been a travel agent for over 10 years so I love to help people) The room size is the same. You get a higher floor and a premium view when you book with conc. You also get a DVD in the room and free rental as well as turn down with nightly chocolates on your bed. Do you know how much more they are charging you per night if you upgrade? The reason I ask is you can stick the service onto any room once you ar there at front desk. As far as food..... In the AM they have fresh fruit, cold cereal, pastries, instant oatmeal, juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot coco, bottled water and soda. In the evening they have hot hordevours, veggie platter, cheese and crackers, smuckers PBJ and cookies.
Our family would stockup on treats and then store them in our room for the next day! Hope that gelps a little! Amy :tinker:

I don't think concierge is worth the extra money. for me it was about a little more then a grand and trust me no breakfast and water and snacks are worth that. I want to experience so much in DL that concierge just isn't that important to me. I assumed when I read the whole hotel gets turndown service, who cares about the chocolates....this is one time i am just staying in a regular room. Good luck on your decision, weigh the pros and cons and see the difference $$$$ wise, that should help. have a FUNtastic time on your trip no matter what you decide to do :woohoo:

Thanks for the extra info. Is there a dvd player in the room with comp. disney dvd's to watch, is that what you meant?

The concierge service upgrade is an additional $335 (staying 4 nights at PPH). How much extra is it usually to upgrade when you are checking in? Because if that is possible, I would book through getawaytoday.com and then upgrade if that was possible.

Kathy

We did Conc. at PP last fall. We wanted to stay on site, with the 4th night free. Our first choice was DLH, but it was full. We had to choose between conc at PP or a standard room at GC for roughly the same price. We figured in the conc at PP would help save us a little in th end.

We never used the DVD's. We were never in our room long enough to watch tv. The breakfast was a good way to start the day. Dh, me and our kids only made it to the evening hot app./ snacks once. My FIL and MIL did eat there in the evening a couple of times. We did take advantage of the pop/juice/water. We would take with us to the park and in our room.

You also get priority check in which is nice. When you get to the hotel, dont wait in the check in line. Let them know at the little desk to the right of the door, that you are a conc. guest. They will lead you to the lounge. YOu can have drinks and snacks while you wait to get checked in. YOu can also wait in there and watch tv until your room is ready. They will also help you with PS during your trip.

We did conc. at GC last week. Other than the AWESOME view...everything else was the same. We never did the evening snacks 'cause we were too busy having fun at the parks. As for the morning continental breakfast...we always had a character breakfast scheduled.

I wouldn't pay extra bucks to stay conc. I'd rather spend that money on extra character meals or nice dinners or souvenirs. But then...that's just my opinion.

BTW...the GC is an AWESOME resort so I'm not knocking it at all. We had a great stay and would definitely stay there again. I just wouldn't pay the extra money for the view. (though again...the view was great! :))

This is the first time I am going to DL, I always goto WDW and stay concierge at the BWI, I love it and worth every penny but I just dont think DCG is worth it, the rooms are the same, DVDs I don't need that, I'll be at the 2 parks till then close or cruising LA highways to see whats around, breakfast, althought getting up to coffee and fruit and having it on the balcony I am doing character breakfasts. with that said I can't wait, I am going to Disney land :smooth: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter