For those of you who enter Epcot through International Gateway

JABEAR

If we weren't all crazy we would go insane! -- CI
I know there are some Epcot resort regulars here on the DVC board. When you are going to Epcot at park opening, how early do you arrive when you enter through the IG and how far behind are you in regards to those entering through the main entrance?

Do you miss not entering through the main entrance?
Do you make a point of entering through the main entrance via taxi or do you do this when you stay at another resort (fri, sat nights)?

We are thinking that we would miss the "traditional" entrance route, and are planning on going to Epcot when we are staying at POP on our first weekend, non-points part of the vacation.

I don't know about others, but I much prefer the IG entrance for looks. I delibrately avoid the main entrance since they took out the lovely flowers and put in that "graveyard". I never rush to FW when I'm staying at the Epcot resorts. I love to sit on a bench in WS by UK, listen to the music, and enjoy the "ambiance". And I find it's not a problem to plan my FW jaunts for later in the day. Everything I love in FW is open later, so I wander over there about 6:00 in the evening. Last time I rode "Soarin" with a 20 minute standby wait at around 7:00pm. And DH and I use the TT single rider line, so it's never more than about 15 minutes. For me, I've totally changed my "plan of attack" at Epcot since I discovered staying at the Epcot resorts and I haven't lost anything in the change.

I agree with Simba's Mom. I prefer entering through IG. On our recent getaway we stayed at Old Key West and took the bus to Epcot. Just didn't have the same feel as when we walk over from our Boardwalk home.:)

Ditto on entering through the IG. It's not only beautiful, it's less crowded. If you hurry down the left side toward Canada, you can make great time to Future World. I don't think it's as fast as entering through the main gate in walk time, but the entry lines move a lot quicker so it may even out in the end.

when we stayed at the BWV last aug., we always walked to epcot. The stroll is soo pleasant and lovely :goodvibes
Entering the park through IG is one of the main reasons we also enjoy the epcot resorts, (when we`re not at our home resort, SSR :cloud9:) To us, it feels like you almost have a private entrance ! It was always so much less crowded then the main entrance, and like someone else mentoned, if you make a left after entering IG, you`ll be in future world in no time. :flower:

I can understand wanting to enter the "scripted" way the first time you visit Epcot. But after that, coming in the front just means more crowds, more noise, more concrete and more bus fumes. The IG is charming and intimate with plenty of magic of its own. It's not a back door.

Thanks to all for the replies, I am looking forward to our new stroll into Epcot!

For those of you that get to the IG for the opening of Epcot, what time do you get there to open the park and what kind of crowd, if any, will be waiting for us?

I love entering through IG. Its really peaceful and charming back in that corner. There is something about taking the monorail into Epcot, however, but we do that several times each trip when we come back from the MK. Its a real treat to take the monorail from the MK and walk through Epcot (we will often take a ride on Spaceship Earth, check out Innoventions, pick up fastpasses for TestTrack or Mission:Space or Soarin for after dinner) back to the BWV.

If you do go in the morning, you will be a little behind the front "fastpass rush" for Soarin'/Test Track/Mission Space. If this is really important to you, some people take a cab to the front of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter