For those of you that have visited Iceland

Barshall

Earning My Ears
We will be on the ABD Iceland trip in September, 2019 and are planning on staying for an extra 2-3 days in Reykjavik after the the adventure. Is there enough to do in this area to justify another few days?

Absolutely. I loved Reykjavik, and the ABD really doesn't spend much time actually in town. I highly recommend doing a walking food tour of Reykjavik. Perlan, I've also heard, is wonderful. I ran out of time. Harpa, the Opera house is beautiful, and I really enjoyed the performance I saw there. Reykjavik is very walkable. It's definitely worth a day or two.

Sayhello

Yes - but I would recommend one day at the beginning, and one day at the end, or 2 days at the beginning. The flight to Iceland is pretty brutal - too short to sleep, and if you have a pre-day to adjust to jet lag it will make a big difference.

Yes - but I would recommend one day at the beginning, and one day at the end, or 2 days at the beginning. The flight to Iceland is pretty brutal - too short to sleep, and if you have a pre-day to adjust to jet lag it will make a big difference.
I totally agree with this!! I had 2 pre-days, and needed every bit of it to adjust!

Sayhello

I agree - plenty to do. We did not get to everything, even with 2 days. There are opportunities to wander around and explore that an extra day would really allow you to enjoy, like the indoor flea market near the hotel that includes some wonderful local artisans who were fascinating to talk with. I also agree about at least one pre day, both for the jet lag and bc the shopping is wonderful, especially for outdoor gear that can be less available in the states, which you might want for the adventure.

I know people keep saying how expensive Iceland is, but I have to say I did not find prices out of line with any other resort type setting. Maybe because I live in a tourist town, I’m used to meals and activities being pricey. (Good meals for the 3 of us in the $150-175 range) I actually thought some of the coats, backpacks, etc in the nice outdoor stores were very competitive to what I’ve seen at home. Drinks were more expensive, but so are drinks at WDW.

Anyway, enjoy your extra days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!