• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~For those in the Lancaster PA area~~~

maslex

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are going to be up in the Lancaster area this weekend. (We're driving his mom up there so she can do some shopping LOL)

So our plans are to leave our house around 3am and get there about 8am or so. We're stopping to have breakfast. Not sure of the name of the place but everytime they go up there, they stop at this place to eat. Then we're off to do some shopping. We're then going to Good & Plenty for dinner Sat night.

I have a couple questions for you though...

1--Are there any scrapbooking stores in the area?

2--Where's a good place to buy some GOOOOOD fudge? (I like mine really creamy and not the kind that has like a rubbery texture lol) Peanut Butter is my FAVE!!!

3--Do your Sunday papers have coupons in them?

Thanks in advance!!!

I hope you are going to Shady Maple for breakfast! It's fantastic. IDK about scrapbooking stores or newspapers but honestly, just about anywhere you get fudge, it's gonna be really good.

We live in Hershey, but travel to Lancaster all the time so here are my suggestions.

1. Yes, both outlet malls have a scrapbooking store in them. Can't remember their name though, maybe "Times to Remember". We have one in Hershey so I rarely travel to Lancaster for my supplies.

2. There are LOTS of places to get fudge, but our favorites are:

DD's favorite- Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse. You can watch them make the fudge there and get a free sample while it is still warm. My DD is partial to the Maple Walnut but every flavor we have tried has been good.

DH's favorite- Located in a place called "The Outhouse". It is in the village of dutch delights in Ronks off of Rt 30 near Deiner's. Right down the road from Lancaster. Google it and it will give you directions. He loves this store in general. Loves the chocolate fudge.

My favorite fudge is from The Pennsylvania Fidge Co. and they are found at The Central Market. It is located in downtown Lancaster and only runs Tuesdays and Fridays from 6am-4pm and Sat from 6-2. It is an indoor Amish market where the Amish actually shop for staples - not just a tourist trap. There are about 60 vendors there.

Have fun finding your favorite fudge! It sure is fun exploring the area and finding out what you like best.

3. Yes, our Sunday paper has lots of coupons in them- but they are mostly for the chain stores. Not many coupons for the outlets and none for the mom/pop stores.

If you can find your way from Shady Maple (assuming that's where you plan to have breakfast) to The Flower and Craft Warehouse , you will be in crafters' paradise!

Turn right on Toddy Drive (in front of Shady Maple) and then right on to Division Hwy (US322) at the traffic light. Go apprx. 1/2 mile, turn left at entrance. If you pass Center St. you've just missed it. If you make it to the traffic light you'll be even farther passed it. Have a fun, safe trip!

The Lancaster Sunday News paper will have grocery type coupons and ads. I don't know for sure if they have any throughout the paper for other local establishments. You may find others (for retail shopping) at Shady Maple or Flower and Craft.

Okay thanks. I'll have the DH pop those places into the GPS before we leave.

And as for the Sunday coupons....I'm actually looking for grocery coupons. Since I'm not getting home until Sunday night, the papers around here will be gone, so I'm looking to get some while I'm down there.

I know it's not Shady Maple that they usually go to. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember that it began with a "D". Lots of help...LOL

Okay thanks. I'll have the DH pop those places into the GPS before we leave.

And as for the Sunday coupons....I'm actually looking for grocery coupons. Since I'm not getting home until Sunday night, the papers around here will be gone, so I'm looking to get some while I'm down there.

I know it's not Shady Maple that they usually go to. I can't remember the name of it, but I do remember that it began with a "D". Lots of help...LOL

Yes, there are are grocery store coupons, but they may not be for the same stores you have in CT. We mostly have Giant's in this area and a few Redners and Karns.

Maybe you are thinking of DIENNER'S COUNTRY RESTAURANT
2855 Lincoln Hwy. East, Soudersburg, PA 17577
That is the only smorgasbord in the Lancaster area that begins with a D.

If you can find your way from Shady Maple (assuming that's where you plan to have breakfast) to The Flower and Craft Warehouse , you will be in crafters' paradise!

Turn right on Toddy Drive (in front of Shady Maple) and then right on to Division Hwy (US322) at the traffic light. Go apprx. 1/2 mile, turn left at entrance. If you pass Center St. you've just missed it. If you make it to the traffic light you'll be even farther passed it. Have a fun, safe trip!

The Lancaster Sunday News paper will have grocery type coupons and ads. I don't know for sure if they have any throughout the paper for other local establishments. You may find others (for retail shopping) at Shady Maple or Flower and Craft.

My two most favorite places in Lancaster!!!!

Yes, there are are grocery store coupons, but they may not be for the same stores you have in CT. We mostly have Giant's in this area and a few Redners and Karns.

Maybe you are thinking of DIENNER'S COUNTRY RESTAURANT
2855 Lincoln Hwy. East, Soudersburg, PA 17577
That is the only smorgasbord in the Lancaster area that begins with a D.

Yeah, that might be it. For some reason, I had Dinnerman's in my head, so maybe this is what it is.

I'm really only looking for scrapbooking supplies. Does this store have any? Or is it more of other crafts? Thanks!!!

I'm really only looking for scrapbooking supplies. Does this store have any? Or is it more of other crafts? Thanks!!!

They have a pretty big scrapbooking/stamping dept, as well as beading, general crafts and much more. Weird, they don't mention it on their website anymore, other than on the "about" page where there is a map of the building. :confused3

yes as stated by other people go to shady maple. do not wear tight clothes there as they will not fit when you get done eating.

The weather should be better then than it is now!

Scrapbook store: Times To Remember in the Rockvale Outlets. It's in the u shaped area on the left of the u. It just opened there. They have great pages for Lancaster County too. The Flower and Craft Warehouse does have scrapbook supplies but I think it's gone downhill. They moved it out of the big room and I found nothing there last month that I wanted. AC Moores and Michaels are in the same shopping center on 501---Lititz Pike off of 30. There will be coupons for both of these in the Sunday paper or check online first.

Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse (rt 340) would have fudge but never had any. they have good jellies and jams there.

Cannot think of any other place with a D either. That place is ok...I prefer Bird-In-Hand Family Restaurant over it. It's on 340. I cannot remember the name of the other place...I think it changed this year...Amish Barn maybe. It's on 340 too.

Have fun...I enjoy playing tourist around here.

Wait!!!! Can you swing by NY and pick me up? I only weigh 84 lbs., don't eat much at all, and will hardly take up any room at all.. Heck - I can even fit in a child's car seat if you have one!! :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm am sooooooooooo jealous! I am so involved in Amish research these days I'm even dreaming about it - LOL..

Have a great time! :goodvibes

We ate at Miller's Smorgasbord a few years ago and it was so good we ate almost all of our meals there. I LOVE their Shoo Fly Pie.

Have fun!

There are two women at work who have mentioned Shady Maple recently. I can't believe I have never heard of it before or seen it when down there (maybe I have and don't even know it).

For many years we went yearly for a 3 night long weekend. We have not been back in four years now. I really want to go now since everyone here mentions Shady Maple. We have always stayed at Willow Valley and love Kitchen Kettle. When the kids were much younger, we took them to Dutch Wonderland and then Hershey of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter