For the first time {in for} ever -Sept 2014 TR

alicat130

Mouseketeer
Better late than never, right?

Hi! I’m Allison, I live in NC am in my mid-twenties and of course love all things Disney.

a60e32bc-73a4-424f-949f-123b51357f31.jpg

Some of my other favorite things include college football and basketball, country music and shopping. I love all of the Disney princess movies and have been deemed ‘Cinderella’ with my sister and our best friends. I was most excited about visiting Harry Potter, seeing the castle and Wishes!

Here’s the rest of the crew-

This is Morgan, my younger sister. She graduated from college last May (woohoo!) and celebrated her birthday two weeks before we left.

681b242c-be1a-43e4-bf5d-88ab2f67d744.jpg

She also loves college football and basketball, country music and she loves to go sing karaoke. She is ‘Belle’ in our group and also loves The Lion King and Toy Story. She was most excited about riding roller coasters, seeing Belle and eating at Be Our Guest.

This is Kel, my younger brother.

7fd69ca8-9acd-4844-abbd-1382b8499eeb.jpg

He is a huge soccer fan, and had so much fun watching all of the World Cup over the summer. He also likes Dr. Who, Star Wars and superhero movies. His favorite Disney movies include Toy Story, Aladdin, and I guess Star Wars can count here now. Haha He was really excited to see Harry Potter, ride Star Tours, and meet Woody.

Here are my parents, Bill and Lydia.

1234.jpg

They were both excited about seeing us being excited and having so much fun.

I have been dreaming of going to Disney World for years, but was never able to make it happen. My parents finally gave in to us and we went to Florida in September 2014 and did a split trip with Universal. We went to both parks for three days and stayed offsite in a beautiful four bedroom condo.

I got a little obsessed with planning and the dis boards in July, it was about all I did for a month. We planned pretty much our whole trip in a little over a month, after having planned to go 11 months ahead of time!

We had a magical, pixie-dusted pixiedust:, trip! Hooray for finally writing it all out!

We departed NC on Labor Day, in the afternoon. We got to leave a little earlier than planned, because Morgan got off work a few hours early. She was still in her college town, so we met on I-95 and Kel and I switched into her car.

We stopped in SC to see some of our cousins for dinner. Because we thought we’d be getting on the road so late, we decided to stop in Jacksonville for the night. We arrived at the hotel around 10:30, so we definitely made a good decision!

We got up the next morning, ate breakfast and got on the road to Orlando! Morgan and Kel had never been to Florida and really wanted to see the beach. Of course, we go to the beach all the time in NC, but the Florida beach is different!

My dad actually looked at a map and saw that Flagler Beach was really close to I-95. We pulled off and found a parking spot right beside the beach. We ran onto the beach and stuck our feet in for a few minutes. After a few pictures, it was time to get back on the road.

21493fc6-5ef8-47ec-9bf4-6d3c6ee87dba.jpg

a3c66e9f-d887-44c4-8273-d08618decc6b.jpg

f2d7c95a-1741-47cf-883e-456f36e126d1.jpg

192b9257-d557-44c8-8e4e-dd127be375aa.jpg

We arrived in Orlando around 12 and had lunch at Steak n Shake near our condo. We weren’t able to get into our condo that early though, so we decided to head to Downtown Disney! We squealed going past the Disney signs, we were finally here!

077c780a-820e-46f2-8b6d-da914503113a.jpg

We headed to the Lego store first; Kel loved (loves?) Legos.

91454d89-c6f9-4985-b7e7-c1c1c6083a7f.jpg

After the Lego store, we headed to World of Disney, but first I had to get a picture with my girl, Cinderella.

5259957f-4227-436e-85dc-9b06e5eb34f8.jpg

My dad got a good photobomb in!

We had a lot of fun trying on all the different Mickey hats.

e2f54de9-8959-41d3-ab57-ef4c294cd0f2.jpg

I am your father.

483d112e-80a9-49cf-9b04-7d93d25a3c8c.jpg

Iron Man, but Kel ended up getting R2D2.

57be984d-1b72-46e6-8101-b9a154badd5e.jpg

Had to rep my Pirates!

b2adee27-eecf-42c2-b862-3be611483fa1.jpg

We walked into the Co-Op and had a cast member come up to us and one of the first things she asked us was if it was our first time. I guess we just had that look on our faces. She was so nice and made us all first time guest buttons to wear.

We walked around a few more stores before heading back into World of Disney. My mom ran into a CM who had the pixie dust from BBB. She pixie-dusted Morgan and I, it was so fun other than still finding glitter on us three days later.

We left to go to our condo, once it was ready. We were about 10 minutes from Disney property. The condo has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, with a small pool outside. It was great for us to all have our own space. We would have had to rent two rooms from Disney and we would have been pretty cramped. The condo was also pretty cheap; it was a win-win!

My mom went to the Wal-Mart that was right up the street while we relaxed in the pool. I loved having our own pool, even if it was tiny! We had Chick-Fil-A for dinner and relaxed for the night before heading to the Magic Kingdom for our first day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter