For school what is your'r thoughts

Many of the dealers sell other stuff as well. It is not like probation in that way.
And to be honest I fear it will push them to sell either stronger pot(laced with God's know what) or try to get people hooked on worse stuff.

They are already doing that. Pot isn’t the way to fight the war on drugs.

If it’s legal and those with the most money (adults) are buying it legally, it isn’t going to really pay for anyone to be illegally selling pot as they do now. Teens aren’t out buying alcohol from bootleggers.

Making pot legal will put the illegal sellers out of business just as ending prohibition put most of the bootleggers out of business. (There are exceptions but they really are few and far between).
Don't be naive. :rolleyes1 The illicit drug trade is a huge industry - the bad guys aren't just going to give up and go home. And interestingly, when the government regulated cannabis stores opened here on October 17, 2018, they did so without an adequate supply chain. The stocks of "approved" product were depleted within days and the kinks have yet to be ironed out of the system. Do you think pot users have just been doing without while waiting for the back-orders? That's absurd.

The fact is they are accessing the same illicit supply they always have. Add to that the idea of price-fixing (which our government has done - all legal sellers must sell at the same minimum prices) and you have an environment for "competition" which will be won by whomever supplies and sells cheapest. Can you remember the last time any government was able to provide anything more cost-efficiently than the private sector?

To me legalizing gambling for the taxes makes more sense to me. But even that to me the issue is you are just opening a hugely addictive activity to a lot of people who prior were not doing because of the illegality or need to travel to do.
And one of the big problems with both IMO is the addicts in waiting.
The reason it makes more sense to me is you need the money up front.
Now illegal sports betting allows you to bet before paying. This is where desperately addicted gamblers wind up in the hole and committing crimes or other things to prevent a beating or worse.
Legalized you have to pay first to play. Yes many might max out their cards but still putting money up front would be better alternative to keep people from winding up in debt.

People who sell drugs aren’t running drug department stores. Most do not just have a plethora of choices of drugs for sale. They have to have suppliers if the drugs they sell

If someone is selling pot they may go on to sell other things. Some will some won’t. But the fact is, the ones that will already have the ability to sell other stuff. They already have the supplier.

As fewer people buy illegal pot, there will be fewer suppliers. Legal or illegal, it’s still business.

Were pot smokers doing without waiting for the legal supplies? Recreational users may very well have waited. Your likening it to the user that “needs” it every day. That’s rarely the case.

We have already been through this with alcohol. When proabition ended, I am sure the bootleggers stayed in business for awhile but it ended. Now even moonshine is sold mostly by legal sellers. It’s safer and easier and yes cheaper.

To me legalizing gambling for the taxes makes more sense to me. But even that to me the issue is you are just opening a hugely addictive activity to a lot of people who prior were not doing because of the illegality or need to travel to do.
And one of the big problems with both IMO is the addicts in waiting.
The reason it makes more sense to me is you need the money up front.
Now illegal sports betting allows you to bet before paying. This is where desperately addicted gamblers wind up in the hole and committing crimes or other things to prevent a beating or worse.
Legalized you have to pay first to play. Yes many might max out their cards but still putting money up front would be better alternative to keep people from winding up in debt.
Gambling is way more addictive than marijuana, as is alcohol, cigarettes, and pretty much any other drug. Coffee is more addictive.

Gambling is way more addictive than marijuana, as is alcohol, cigarettes, and pretty much any other drug. Coffee is more addictive.

I agree with you but how could it be addictive. It does not have anything addictive chemical. It is mind addicition, so is pot smoking, not to all but to some. And to other just like gambling they have to increase there stakes or high.

And I do not support legalizing sports gambling. I mean I love to gamble but really do not think it would be good thing.

And I do not support legalizing sports gambling. I mean I love to gamble but really do not think it would be good thing.

That's an interesting dissection. I know nothing about sports gambling, but would appreciate hearing more about why you would divorce table gambling, etc. from sports gambling? Again, I know nothing about sports gambling, and nothing about sports actually. I did find myself in Vegas for a conference on the Super Bowl once and placed a bet. It seemed fun and then I RAN to my hotel room. It was nuts in Vegas that night. Weirdly by like 11-12 when I came down for a nightcap the place was almost deserted that that afternoon had bottle service only, etc.

I agree with you but how could it be addictive. It does not have anything addictive chemical. It is mind addicition, so is pot smoking, not to all but to some. And to other just like gambling they have to increase there stakes or high.
I think the high people get from gambling is different from pot. There is gamblers anonymous, alcohol anonymous, narcotics anonymous, but I think marijuana anonymous and ice cream anonymous would be similar.

If only people would be responsible with its use. But people struggle with personal responsibility. I don't think blowing a ton of cash on the War on Drugs will stop anyone from making a personal choice.

I am very undecided on this issue. I believe that it should be available for medical use, that much I'm sure of personally.

As for recreational, I can understand the idea that regulating it could have some benefits, and I do feel that some people are being imprisoned that shouldn't be due to what I consider minor offenses.

But I also worry about the long term effects, and I worry that so many of the studies that I read seem to be biased by whoever funded them so I don't feel like I'm smart enough to accurately know what the effects are. Coming from a family that deals with addiction issues, there is parts of me that wishes none of this was legal, no alcohol, cigarettes or marijuana but I know that is foolish.

I have asked my children to wait to start. I've told them (in a joking voice) do anything you want when you turn 25 but promise me you'll wait until then lol. As for the kids - the message they are being told at school is that their brains are still developing and any chemical can have negative affects so they should wait - and at least to me, they say that makes sense and that they'll wait. We'll see.

On a slightly different note, I'm curious what legalizing marijuana across the country would do to the drug trade with Mexico. I've seen articles that already state that legalizing it in some areas is messing things up in Mexico. I wonder how that would make things change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!