For recent WDW volunteers; credential pickup?

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
hello!

My cousin and I want to sign up to volunteer at the princess 5k, but I'm running into flight problems.

The last time I volunteered was in 2015, and this was in the info:

If you are picking up a credential for another volunteer, please print the waiver and have it signed in advance by the participant.

Im going to assume that that is NOT still possible. Does anyone know?

And also does anyone know if there's a way to pick up credentials the morning of the event, if flight delays or traffic prevent me from getting to the Thursday expo? I know I can contact them, but as with all other things Disney, direct experience is such great info, and often better and more complete than official blurbs. :)

Thanks in advance for any recent info and advice anyone can give me. :)

In November and January, they mailed your schedule and nametag with barcode to you almost two months out before race weekend. You would just bring the nametag with you to scan in, sign a waiver and be on your way. You also pick up your volunteer shirt at the beginning of your shift as well.

I picked up my course monitor lanyard the day I worked the Expo, but they were prepared for people to pick them up the next morning as well.

Let me see if I still have a picture of one.

I remember seeing how fancy they were at this year's Princess; it's why I figured they didn't have them at the last minute. :)

Thank you so much for your post! I really really REALLY appreciate it. And not just because it told me that I'm wrong and that I'm not necessarily SOL if I can't get in at the time I'm used to getting in for the races.

Thank you thank you!

So - I can't find my Princess mailing (I was supposed to do medals for the 5K and the bike/course monitor the 10K, but had to drop out because of family issues), but I DO have a picture of my stuff from Wine & Dine (minus the schedule and actual mailing ... which I PROMISE I'll find somewhere!)

IMG_0635.JPG

SO. The "Nametag" piece that says your name, event and volunteer with a barcode is included on the mailing you get. That will also have the information on when/where you need to be, when to pick up credentials, etc. (I just looked back at the email I got for W&D and it also had a phone number AND email for volunteer ambassadors if you need to make changes for credential pickup, etc.).

For W&D, I did one shifts at the Expo and ONE shift on-course (I know, the credential was wrong ... what's up, RunDisney!).

The first day I showed up with the nametag piece, they scanned me in, made me sign a waiver and gave me that Waiver Received card. I was told to keep that in the plastic with my nametag and keep both with me at all times during my volunteer shifts.

I actually picked up the lanyard at the end of my day Expo volunteering and they asked why I was picking it up since I could get it the next morning. :confused3 I ended up bike monitoring the end of the 5K for TrackShack, so it didn't really matter ... but they went on a search, opened up a box and sorted through it to find my lanyard envelope and sent me on my way. I'd have to wait to get my shirt until Friday morning.

Friday morning, I arrived to check in for my shift and they were surprised I already had my lanyard (most people were just there with their nametag pieces), I got my shirt and then went on my way to prep my bike for my TrackShack shift and also chat with the rest of the volunteers that would be on-course (on foot - mostly directing traffic and alerting TrackShack employees/RD CMs to incidents).

The barcodes on my credentials are exactly the same - and I was asked to show my Waiver Received card when I checked in for the 5K (for those who may be doing multiple volunteer shifts across different events).

Easy peasy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!