Votes: 36 38.7%
  • DW

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • DS

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • DD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I changed my vote. DW took posession of said cheesecake the moment she paid for the order. It’s hers to eat or givevaway as she deems fit.

I voted for DS since he didn’t order anything and might change his mind once you came home with food. The only other choice, IMO, is DW. You and DD had dessert.

I'd give it to the boy - although everyone knows the rule in our house is that mom is always watching what goes in her mouth, but gets a bite of every single sweet that's ever consumed. So, DS would get it (minus my one bite) :smooth:

I'd give it to the boy - although everyone knows the rule in our house is that mom is always watching what goes in her mouth, but gets a bite of every single sweet that's ever consumed. So, DS would get it (minus my one bite) :smooth:
My kids will ask “mom before I eat this are you going to tell me you need to check it for poison?”
They know the drill. Mommy gets a bite first then they can enjoy the treats

I would probably let the DS have it since he didn't get anything. BUT I would want to keep it for myself for lunch the next day!

At our house cheesecake wouldn't be a popular choice, but if you substituted something we can eat like a brownie it would probably have wound up divvied up by all of us.

I changed my vote. DW took posession of said cheesecake the moment she paid for the order. It’s hers to eat or givevaway as she deems fit.

Why does that matter? My husband and I consider his income (I'm a SAHM) to be our money.

As for the son, yes he ate a TV dinner but he chose not to order anything. I'm sure he knew the place had milkshakes and dessert but chose not to order them. H e has no claim.

Why does that matter? My husband and I consider his income (I'm a SAHM) to be our money.

If I buy a car, my employer doesn't claim ownership just because that's where the money for it came from. The source of the income is irrelevant; the wife made the transaction, and thus is the one that took possession of the cheesecake. If you're arguing the husband has half as communal property, you could, but at best that entitles him to 50% of the cheesecake. The OP has stated this is an all-or-nothing deal, no sharing involved. So since the wife decided, out of the goodness of her heart, to splurge on a yummy fast food treat/meal for her family, any bonus/perks from said transaction are hers.

Hey - at least we all agree the daughter is last in line to the cheesecake throne, amirite? :laughing:

the wife made the transaction, and thus is the one that took possession of the cheesecake.
Actually, if you want to get technical, *I* made the transaction (I was in the drivers' seat). DW handed me the $$ and I handed it to the worker. Of course, I handed her all the food to hold while I drove home. But wouldn't that then mean she gets ALL the food? :rotfl2:

So here's what happened... we got home, DS stole some of DD's fries, DW & I ate. I was so full after my meal I put the cheesecake in the fridge (and part of my shake) to have the next day. I sat down to watch TV and 10 minutes later DS went to the fridge, got the cheesecake and ate it.

Sounds like what would happen at my house, too. My DS lays claim to all leftovers. If you don't want him to eat it, you better put a note on it!

I voted for DS. DW had the opportunity to order dessert at the time and chose not to. You and DD ordered and got dessert, so I wouldn't consider either of you. DW would have been my alternate choice, but my preferred vote would be that DS and DW split it so everyone had dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter