"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

I know what you mean I kinda go through withdrawals in the off season.
I just can’t imagine him not playing hockey.
We go watch the Providence Bruins (AHL for Boston) yeah those guys are great!
We are watching Boston and psyched about Stanley cup!!
When we were in FL in April we were able to watch a couple of playoff games at ESPN club. That is always fun!!
GO B’s!!!! Tied 1-1 right now
We see Providence a lot here in Allentown.
Go Blues !!! Lol (sorry)

My DS has a ful backpack, but that is way nicer than his backpack!!
LOVE ❤ it!!!
We got it!! Looks pretty good, good quality, laid out pretty good.
You can put a cell phone charging cell on the inside and it has a USB port on the outside of it. LOL

Swivel wheeled-luggage is the only way to go!

All the best! :thumbsup2
Swivel is nice. For me it don't make to much of a difference. I carry it to the van , drive it 1100 miles and bell service takes it out. Lol.
Tammy and Briana fly more than I so I'm sure it will come in handy.
94 days and counting!!!

I'm near Gettysburg and take the 81-77-26-95 route. We stop at Orangeburg, SC along 26. This gets us past Charlotte and Columbia. We arrive in Disney early afternoon from there. There are a lot of hotels to choose from, just avoid the one with "Southern" in the name. We believed the reviews and have never stayed in such a dump in our life. The chains are all good choices. View attachment 404383
It looks like we will probably take 79-19-77-26-95, and it looks like Orangeburg is about a 10 yr drive for us. I was hoping to get a little further, but it's possible that might be too ambitious for us! That will leave around 6 hrs for us the next day (give or take), and I was hoping to have 4-5. It will also depend on how early we start, and obviously how much construction we hit and how long stops take with 4 kids. Balancing getting moving with letting the kids run, play, and eat. So thanks, that is a good guide for a goal to make it at least that far, since you finish the drive the next day by early afternoon.

It looks like we will probably take 79-19-77-26-95, and it looks like Orangeburg is about a 10 yr drive for us. I was hoping to get a little further, but it's possible that might be too ambitious for us! That will leave around 6 hrs for us the next day (give or take), and I was hoping to have 4-5. It will also depend on how early we start, and obviously how much construction we hit and how long stops take with 4 kids. Balancing getting moving with letting the kids run, play, and eat. So thanks, that is a good guide for a goal to make it at least that far, since you finish the drive the next day by early afternoon.
Just one more hint I picked up from this thread years ago. 95 - I4 - 417 (toll road). You avoid all the problems of I4 through Orlando, this goes around the east side. You will have to go through several toll booths, but so worth it!

Just one more hint I picked up from this thread years ago. 95 - I4 - 417 (toll road). You avoid all the problems of I4 through Orlando, this goes around the east side. You will have to go through several toll booths, but so worth it!

This is our plan. We bought a Sunpass during our last drive and you don't even know you are paying a toll!

Just found this thread recently. I've done the drive from Montreal to Orlando as a solo driver at least 20 times in the last 10 years. Sometime straight thru... Sometime 1 night stop... Sometime 2 nights stop. It always depend on traffic or how tired I am. I always give myself at least 2 full days to travel so I don't feel pressure if there's a problem. My next time is the last week of August. :drive::car:

Latest I-4 problem today: flooding at MM 85.1 due to what looks like an improper grading of the new highway at that section. One lane open for a while.

Last edited:
Latest I-4 problem today: flooding at MM 85.1 due to what looks like an improper grading of the new highway at that section. One lane open for a while.

And it flooded again yesterday. Be prepared.

I just found this thread. We will be driving from NW PA (Meadville, 90 min north of Pittsburgh) on June 13th. Planning to do most of the trip the first day, we would like to arrive on Orlando around 1:00-2:00 the next day. We are planning to get a hotel room on the way down, does anyone with experience have a good general location to plan our stop? has anyone done roughly this drive and remember what cities would be a good goal for the long first day? My DH would like to reserve somewhere ahead of time. I think that's a bit risky, but he really wants to avoid the crappy roadside motels that we mostly seem to find if you wait until you need to stop. We have only driven once, maybe 5 yrs ago, and the lower end chain motel that was the best of the lot at the exit we were near when we needed to stop was borderline scary! (maybe not quite that bad, but the crack under the door was probably 1-2 inches high and the rooms were... not nice.) I know I need to do a little more research with distance and see where we'll be, but I thought maybe someone who had done it might have some thoughts or suggestions.

I hope this is an appropriate question, I guess I do't know what to expect from this thread and read the first page, then jumped to a question!

On our first two drives from NYC we have stopped in Santee, SC and stayed at the Hampton Inn there. In 2018 we pushed as far south as Savannah, GA. We stayed in Hampton Inn there as well. We book the rooms in advance. This year we are staying in Savannah again on the way down, as we learned that we like having less driving to do on day 2. Santee probably doesn't make sense for you if you're coming I26, which hits I95 south of Santee. There are a lot of low to mid-priced hotel chains seemingly everywhere nowadays.
Orangeburg/route 601 is probably a good bet for you with a lot of choice, with easy access on and off the interstate.

We have always done the return trip in a straight shot.

Just returned from a two-night GFR stay. No major driving issues entering or exiting World Drive or other roads. Disney Speedway regular: $2.50.

All the best.

Just now (6/28), local TV news provided a construction detour heads up for drivers using the the I-95 Exit 260B to get onto I-4. Pay attention as you get closer to the exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter