"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Recommending the dvczerfs route for friends in Morris Co., NJ who start their drive on 1/1/19 (weather permitting): 81-77.

All the best! :thumbsup2

I’m driving from Kansas City next Saturday. It is a 20 hour drive, which I’ve driven 5 times through St. Louis, Nashville and Atlanta to Orlando, once driving it by myself straight through (not recommended). In this case, I’ll have two teens with me but I’ll be the only driver. I either stop before or after driving through Atlanta. If we drive to the Byron/Macon area (a 13 hour drive), that would leave 6 and a half hours to get to our timeshare on Sunday and decide if it’s worth it to go to MK that night for the NYE fireworks. Just curious what hotels just south of Atlanta anyone recommends? Price is usually the major consideration and I’d prefer to pay $70 or less and just plan on using it to sleep in that night and leave by 8:30 the next morning. Thanks!

I’m driving from Kansas City next Saturday. It is a 20 hour drive, which I’ve driven 5 times through St. Louis, Nashville and Atlanta to Orlando, once driving it by myself straight through (not recommended). In this case, I’ll have two teens with me but I’ll be the only driver. I either stop before or after driving through Atlanta. If we drive to the Byron/Macon area (a 13 hour drive), that would leave 6 and a half hours to get to our timeshare on Sunday and decide if it’s worth it to go to MK that night for the NYE fireworks. Just curious what hotels just south of Atlanta anyone recommends? Price is usually the major consideration and I’d prefer to pay $70 or less and just plan on using it to sleep in that night and leave by 8:30 the next morning. Thanks!

Stockbridge, GA has a several hotels near each other off I-75. Check 'em out for pricings.

Disney Springs was packed today! When we left, only a few parking places remained at the Orange Garage. Yikes! Afterwards, we drove to the Beach Club and viewed the wonderful Christmas decorations; and then we walked to the Yacht Club to see its decorations, especially the mountainous train set! We got gas at the Speedway near the BWI ($2.07). The drive was our 26th of the year, which works out to "Disney every other week." It's been quite a change since we moved from NJ to FL last December. No more 2,000+ mile round trip drives for us with the possibility of a reverse journey next year to the Jersey Shore.

Disney Springs was packed today! When we left, only a few parking places remained at the Orange Garage. Yikes! Afterwards, we drove to the Beach Club and viewed the wonderful Christmas decorations; and then we walked to the Yacht Club to see its decorations, especially the mountainous train set! We got gas at the Speedway near the BWI ($2.07). The drive was our 26th of the year, which works out to "Disney every other week." It's been quite a change since we moved from NJ to FL last December. No more 2,000+ mile round trip drives for us with the possibility of a reverse journey next year to the Jersey Shore.

Hey, stop rubbing your now short drives in the faces of all us still doing the 2000+ mile round trips. You are making us all so green with envy that we are often mistaken for the Grinch!

I guess I should have let you know, my better half and B drove up from Bradenton Thursday to go to Springs!!
They got there around nine am, had breakfast at Earl of Sandwich.Had 11am spa appointments at Saratoga and went back around 3 to spend money and have dinner at Paddle fish with one of Bs supervisors when she worked in the MK.
We will be down February 22 to March 3. and of course our two weeks in September again.

I guess I should have let you know, my better half and B drove up from Bradenton Thursday to go to Springs!!
They got there around nine am, had breakfast at Earl of Sandwich.Had 11am spa appointments at Saratoga and went back around 3 to spend money and have dinner at Paddle fish with one of Bs supervisors when she worked in the MK.
We will be down February 22 to March 3. and of course our two weeks in September again.

Small world...after all! Sorry we missed them, but we hope to see you all again when you return in February.

Hey everyone. We are heading back down in 174 days to OKW....but we are going to FLY!!! Sorry! I feel like I am betraying you all.

We leave Jan 23 driving down from Akron, Oh. our first time driving down....

Looks like we just take 77s up until Charleston, SC where we pick up 95S all the way into Orlando.

Anything we should be aware of?

Looks like we just take 77s up until Charleston, SC where we pick up 95S all the way into Orlando.

I-95 S takes you to Exit 260 B which is I-4, the under-construction highway that you want to avoid during rush hour. I-4 will take you through and past Orlando to the various Lake Buena Vista WDW exits.

I-95 S takes you to Exit 260 B which is I-4, the under-construction highway that you want to avoid during rush hour. I-4 will take you through and past Orlando to the various Lake Buena Vista WDW exits.

Thanks for that! I think we will be ok since we are leaving at midnight on the 23rd which should get us to WDW around 3pm

You'll do 77S, then hwy 26 down to the 95, if there is a lot of traffic in Charlotte, NC or Jacksonville, FL you can take the loop around the city. Use the app waze to keep an eye on current traffic. We like to avoid the I4 in Orlando too, we go around via the 417.

You'll do 77S, then hwy 26 down to the 95, if there is a lot of traffic in Charlotte, NC or Jacksonville, FL you can take the loop around the city. Use the app waze to keep an eye on current traffic. We like to avoid the I4 in Orlando too, we go around via the 417.

Thanks! How is the drive?

Thanks! How is the drive?

It's not bad, we come down from Toronto via the 79S, meet up with the 77S in Beckley. We found the mountains a crapshoot (bottom of WV, VA, top of NC) our first drive we had a ton of fog at dusk going into NC and it was scary. The road in parts is split, so even going south you are on the edge for some portions. We try to do it in the daylight if we can. Are you planning to do it in one shot?

Will be making our trip in a couple weeks. Never made the drive. This will be the longest drive we have ever made. The longest was about 900 miles one way. Usually our vacations aren't much more than 500/way. So this will be different for us.

The drive to DW from our house is a little over 1000 miles, but we are making a detour to Alabama to get my nephew. That'll add a little less than 300 miles. Hoping for no snow, and really hoping the traffic isn't bad around Atlanta. Will be hitting it probably about 6 PM the Friday before MLK day. We are staying outside of Knoxville Thursday, then south of Atlanta (Byron) Friday, before making our way to DW on Saturday morning. Coming home, the plan is just one hotel night instead of 2 (depending on weather).

Just got back from our trip- started in stl in 12/22-straight through to Titusville- DH was determined to make it in time for Rocket launch. Traffic was pretty bad in the cities and delay of 2 hours we estimated. Got in at 3 am- he and middle kid got up at 7 to see launch. Day at KSC then took the scenic route to near St Augustine to family for Christmas. Then over to Orlando for 4 days at Universal. Drove straight through to home (SW MO). Have never been so greatful we’ve got the sun pass and it now works in Georgia! Worth the money for express lane and hov! First time we drove straight through both ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts