FOP : worth a 4 Hour wAit ???

Just wondering - are these long lines for Pandora blocking the entrances to other rides or walkways?

Not in my experience,the regular standby line started either right by the sign of the ride or just a bit up the hill past the entrance.Its a really long and detailed ride queue with plenty of room for all the people in line.

no way, with how high priced the tickets are to get into the park, that is half your day at AK in line for one ride and AK has so much more to offer than that. I would say my max time would be an hour.

:dogdance:I wondered if its worth it to wait 3-4 hours for FOB

-Give me also Info about the ride Please

No. No attraction at WDW is worth that kind of wait. For many that is half their day at the parks. AND if you do ... there is no access to bathrooms in the line so be prepared.

Just wondering - are these long lines for Pandora blocking the entrances to other rides or walkways?

Navi River Journey went down just as we entered the fp line this week. We stood there for about 20 minutes before they announced it had gone down and we should come back later. By that time, the end of the line was somewhere near Africa. :crazy2: So yes. It can happen.

My sons saw it a couple months ago. I think they went in the evening, and the listed wait time was like 2:45, but they actually got on in about 1:15.

No. I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes, and that is pushing it, for it again. It bored me.

Like many other posters have commented, ABSOLUTELY NOT. The ride is great, we enjoyed it and IMO it's worth about an hour wait. We did FoP during EMH, got in line when the tree show was ending, wait time showed 135 min, real wait time till we got into the genetic match area (just an area to wait more but not feel like you are waiting) was about 1 hour 10 min. So if you can go during EMH, you may get a shorter wait. The ride is great as far as a 3D simulator ride goes, but no ride is worth more than 2 hours. If you arrive at AK 1.5 hours early, you will get on with little wait. If you arrive even just an hour or 30 min early, the line will be hitting the 3-4 hour mark. Ride River Journey instead if you get in later, the wait in early morning, park opening is 20 min and enjoyable. Good luck!

You do wait more than 10 minutes though, but you are just doing the waiting someplace else.

The queue in the morning (11 AM) was almost to FotLK when we went last week. At least a 4 hour wait in the hot, humid sun. No thank you. And we spent a half hour inside with FP+. The attraction has a lot of glitches still, and they had to unload and move some groups from glitchy rooms to non-glitchy rooms. It was one CM's last day, and he was so happy to be done working that attraction!

Yes indeed... but before the sun is fully up, and in a much more relaxed atmosphere. However, it is still only 90 minutes, and I don't believe you will see a wait in line that short for quite some time - a couple of years perhaps...

That sounds stressful and exhausting. I'd much rather wait until later in the day for a short line than stand outside a locked gate for almost 2 hours.

As I said - everyone is different. I don't mind rope dropping, but I realize there are some that aren't into getting up. I don't mind the 75 minutes in the morning having coffee and socializing with folks. But then, I get out of the parks by 12:00 or 1, enjoy several hours at the resort, and then go back in the early evening. We have had one of the least stressful and most relaxing Disney trips ever this week, in stark contrast to many we have observed or met along the way.

Yes indeed... but before the sun is fully up, and in a much more relaxed atmosphere. However, it is still only 90 minutes, and I don't believe you will see a wait in line that short for quite some time - a couple of years perhaps...

According to the Lines App, the actual wait last Friday night at 9:30 pm was 43 minutes. I think I'd take that over the morning stampede.

FoP is amazing. We have ridden 4 times this week (2 RDs and 2 FPs), and not waited more than 10 minutes in the actual line. We don't wait more than 20-25 minutes ever. We will ride 2-3 more times in the next 3 days as well. Of course, to RD effectively you must be there early (1.25 hrs on emh day, or 1.5-1.75 on non-emh day), be first or second in bag check line or go bagless, then near the front of the tapstile line, and really hustle to final holding point. It is a stressful rope drop experience for sure, but worth it! Our first time (last Friday), we were off the ride by 9:15, and the line started in Pandora, went all the way to Africa, and then doubled back to FoP. It must have been a 6 hour standby line from the end, and that was 20 minutes after opening.

That all being said, it truly is the best ride at WDW (currently) imo. For those that feel seeing the main queue is important, I personally think that's a ridiculous reason to wait 2-3-4 hours... but to each their own! Not to be missed attraction though!
Nah. I'm going to bet it wasn't 6 hours.
We were there opening week. We had FP but I wanted to see the queue, we rode several times, FP and stand by.
One morning we decided just to use our time waiting in line, just to see how long it would take. We had nothing else on our agenda.
We were one of those that was in the back of the opening pack because my DH doesn't agree with waiting before the park opens.
So we were in the back of the opening crowd and by the time we walked back to the ride the line stretched back, back, back all the way to the bridge to Africa, where the overpass comes over as you exit there by Lion King.
We spent 2 hours from the time we got in line till we were walking down the switchback by the gift shop
I think that unless something breaks down it's uncommon for waits to be extremely longer than that, no matter what wait times show
It was not an EMH morning so there were FP returners the entire time

Now, I would prefer waiting a bit longer before the park opens and less time when it's opened but I do good to get DH out early period. I didn't push my luck. But even I am not waiting 2 hours before it opens to save an hour after the park opens. I value sleep too much and it's too hard to come by at Disney.

I waited 45-55 min tonight during EMH and that was a stretch. The queue moved along steadily, but not "quickly." Nice ride, but can't think of waiting 4 hours for... anything in all of Disney.

But if 45-55 min is your jam, be willing to go solo! They zoomed me past the loading lines. (YMMV, etc.)

The MK lines can get really short later at night, just keep in mind that the posted wait times are intentionally inflated late at night to discourage riders. For example, last June the posted wait at Space Mountain was 50 minutes shortly before closing but my kids rode it 4 times in 35 minutes.

I hear that the parks are closing earlier now which is a shame. My fondest Disney memory is chasing my then 3 year old daughter back to the entrance of Space Mtn moments before midnight with her screaming "One more time Daddy" all the way.

It really is a shame. One of my favorite memories is my then 6 year old and I closing down 2 a.m. extra magic hours (pretty sure it was 2). He was out like a light about 3 seconds into the boat ridge back to the WLV. I carried him in and laid him in bed and he never moved a muscle until the next day around 11.

I waited 45-55 min tonight during EMH and that was a stretch. The queue moved along steadily, but not "quickly." Nice ride, but can't think of waiting 4 hours for... anything in all of Disney.

But if 45-55 min is your jam, be willing to go solo! They zoomed me past the loading lines. (YMMV, etc.)

So there is a solo line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter