FoP w/ASD kiddo

Dis703

DIS Veteran
I have a 6 year old recently diagnosed with Mild High Functioning Autism. He's been to Disney with us several times already and we knew he had sensory issues so I've always tried to work around things I assume might be an issue.

While he's mostly sensory seeking he does get overwhelmed at times. He really enjoys Big Thunder Mountain, 7DMT, Test Track and Soarin' but those are really the only "thrill rides" he's been on. I suspect he would really love FoP, but at the same time also suspect it would likely put him into overdrive and have him wound up for some time. I rode it in the fall and just found it extremely intense. I'm just curious if anyone else has an ASD child they were a little unsure about with this ride and if they tried it how did it go?

I like it ( I am not ASD but do have some similar problems) and yes I do find it very intense.

It all depends on the kid. My niece went on it last year and she did fine(she was 10 and high functioning). I will say that they blow a lot of wind at you coming up from the seats so it is constantly hitting your face, which actually annoys me. No way really to know how your child will handle it until they ride. I will say that her brother who does not have autism was 7 and he cried like a baby. So you never know with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter