FOP Fastpass question

Sonnyeclipse

Mouseketeer
So I will be at AK on the 23rd and was unable to get a fastpass for FOP but have one for Na'vi. I keep checking daily (sometimes several times a day) to see if any fastpasses pop up for FOP but no luck so far. I would really like to switch out Na'vi of course.

My question is, has anyone had any success with having a fastpass pop up for FOP after they are already gone initially? I'm just wondering if I am wasting my time.

I have 5 in my group so I'm sure that doesn't help

I had a party of two, so for me it was probably easier. But I rode FOP three times all with fastpasses in one day by refreshing the app CONSTANTLY after I've done my three initial fastpasses. I got them all and did them all in a 3 hour window.

Here now, and the SB line at FOP has been about the 2 1/2-3 hour timeline consistently. Had 3 FP's for dh & I. I only could ride it once, dh rode it 5 times and loved every minute of it. Checked for FP's just for kicks many times and never once saw any times available. We did SB for Navi River and it was 35 min. Was just a fluke as the time said 55min. We just wanted to see how accurate it was. Said 60 when we got out, so we got in right in time.

I had a party of two, so for me it was probably easier. But I rode FOP three times all with fastpasses in one day by refreshing the app CONSTANTLY after I've done my three initial fastpasses. I got them all and did them all in a 3 hour window.

I keep seeing this refresh trick and I tried it the other night, but I realized... I don't know how to refresh!! What do you do on the app to refresh?

Yes, there was another post that someone mentioned it so I went and checked after it initially didn't have any and I was able to get our family of 3 fp for it.

Here now, and the SB line at FOP has been about the 2 1/2-3 hour timeline consistently. Had 3 FP's for dh & I. I only could ride it once, dh rode it 5 times and loved every minute of it. Checked for FP's just for kicks many times and never once saw any times available. We did SB for Navi River and it was 35 min. Was just a fluke as the time said 55min. We just wanted to see how accurate it was. Said 60 when we got out, so we got in right in time.

I'm confused -- how did you have 3 Fps for one ride?

If you already have a tier 1 FP, Na'vi, will it show another tier 1 FP, FOP, available?

Edit: I just remembered you can see availability (if attraction available) when you modify on My Disney Experience.

Last edited:
I keep seeing this refresh trick and I tried it the other night, but I realized... I don't know how to refresh!! What do you do on the app to refresh?
There are a couple different ways. If I DON'T already have a FP booked what I do is I set my party/park and get to the selection page, check whats available, then I hit back, click the same park again, and repeat... and repeat.... and repeat :scared:

I've seen others just book a sort of dummy FP and keep trying to modify that to get something else. That's what I did when I had a FOP, but I wanted a Navi River

If you already have a tier 1 FP, Na'vi, will it show another tier 1 FP, FOP, available?
Yes it will!

That's what I did. And as soon as I checked in with my FP, I would be looking for another one (as long as I used all 3 of my initial FPs) while I was standing in line to get on the ride. Same for my wife. After I saw her check in, I would just constantly refresh.

Just hit the buttons for the times over and over (like, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00). You can even just hit the same time over and over and it will constantly refresh the list. Just be sure not to refresh too quickly. I've seen an FOP FP before and I was already too quick and refreshed the page and it was gone, lol.

Yes it will!

Just to clarify.

It will only show any additional tier 1 availabilty if you don’t already have a tier 1 booked that day -or- are attempting to modify an existing tier 1 FP.

If you already have a tier 1 booked that day and are attempting to book/modify your 2nd or 3rd FP you will not be shown any tier 1 options (should there be any) because MDE recognizes you already have a tier 1.

That's what I did. And as soon as I checked in with my FP, I would be looking for another one (as long as I used all 3 of my initial FPs) while I was standing in line to get on the ride. Same for my wife. After I saw her check in, I would just constantly refresh.

Just hit the buttons for the times over and over (like, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00). You can even just hit the same time over and over and it will constantly refresh the list. Just be sure not to refresh too quickly. I've seen an FOP FP before and I was already too quick and refreshed the page and it was gone, lol.

Holy CRAP! It worked! We weren't even planning on going to Disney tonight, but FoP kept popping up and I nailed one for a good time. I then got an everest and dinosaur.

So, now that I'm a pro with this, let's say I have an 8AM, 9AM and 10AM... After I use my 8AM, can I try to modify my 9AM and try to get, say and 8:30, then do the same with the 10 AM and once I use all 3 of those, book 3 more, or can you only book 1 at a time after that?

So, now that I'm a pro with this, let's say I have an 8AM, 9AM and 10AM... After I use my 8AM, can I try to modify my 9AM and try to get, say and 8:30, then do the same with the 10 AM and once I use all 3 of those, book 3 more, or can you only book 1 at a time after that?

Yes, you can try to modify your 2nd FP after you've used your first. After your first 3 FPs have been used, you can book more FPs, but one at a time.

Holy CRAP! It worked! We weren't even planning on going to Disney tonight, but FoP kept popping up and I nailed one for a good time. I then got an everest and dinosaur.

So, now that I'm a pro with this,

1. let's say I have an 8AM, 9AM and 10AM... After I use my 8AM, can I try to modify my 9AM and try to get, say and 8:30,

2. then do the same with the 10 AM

3. and once I use all 3 of those, book 3 more, or can you only book 1 at a time after that?

1. Yes
2. Yes again
3. Only one at a time. You can book your 4th as soon as you “tap in” for your 3rd. No need to wait until after you’ve ridden.

I booked one out 45 days out for 9am.
Then on the same day I kept checking the app at Animal Kingdom and got another one for 6.30pm

We've been having a lot of luck with refreshing for FOP FP's (as well as any other FP's we want). Today I got 3 additional FOP FP's and did the same a few days ago (been leaving the park early afternoon). I was not bothering to take any I saw that were more than an hour away. Often I have another FOP FP set up while still walking through the queue (one time we exited and got right back on). This is for a party of 3.

I know that since "Avatar, Flight of Passage" comes first alphabetically in the AK list of rides when choosing a fastpass, so that will automatically pop up at the top of it opens up. However, let's say I want to refresh for Seven Dwarves Mine Train... do I have to constantly scroll down to the "S"'s? noticed that Na'vi River came up to the top when it opened up.

I know that since "Avatar, Flight of Passage" comes first alphabetically in the AK list of rides when choosing a fastpass, so that will automatically pop up at the top of it opens up. However, let's say I want to refresh for Seven Dwarves Mine Train... do I have to constantly scroll down to the "S"'s? noticed that Na'vi River came up to the top when it opened up.

If you are trying to modify an existing 7DMT FP to a different time it will be listed at the top. If you are trying find a new 7DMT FP you will have to scroll down to “S”.

Navi is listed at the top because AK is a tiered park. For all parks with FP tiering the tier 1’s will be listed at the top if you don’t already have a tier 1 booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter