Footloose and Fancy Free-Dec 2018, Feb 2019 PTR-12/31-TR Link!

Do I see Illuminations when I plan to be at AK at 7 am the next morning?

• Yes, why sleep at Disney? And the show could be replaced by my next visit!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, get some rest so I can hit AK hard the next day.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone traveled those 2 weeks-is the first week of December noticeably more crowded than last week of November?

Well you already know I'm planning to go the second week you mentioned before our AP's expire. But we've done the second week last year and now this year and last year I didn't think it was too crowded.

Update 10/26 - December plans getting fleshed out.

First, if you aren't following my TR, I posted a mini Disneyland report about our visit to Mickey's Halloween Party a couple weeks ago: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...17-updated-10-25.3636518/page-4#post-58385192

I've since been back to Disneyland another evening, but that was a brief evening visit, as I was going to see Hanson that evening at the House of Blues (across the street from Disney, so just parked at the Toy Story Lot since I wouldn't have to pay)! Love those guys! I just love how well they treat their fans and totally recognize if it wasn't for us, they wouldn't be making music. They also dedicated a song to "all the fans who have ever had to justify being a Hanson fan...and we know you all have!"
1IooBRm.jpg

The actual Disney part was a bit of a bust, with insane crowds! I'm worried I won't get a chance to visit without crowds until January, due to various plans and Disney events (Dapper Day, half-marathon, Candlelight processional) which make the crowds unbearable. Though we are going as a family on Thanksgiving day rather than doing a whole meal!

March trip:
Nothing really to report here. FPs will be happening in December, ADRs are already available, but right now I'm limiting those. I do have a reservation for Jiko on arrival night and Kona Cafe, but that day may change.

December trip:

So, @Raeven made it easy to pick a week to go! I am planning on November 30 (Friday) - December 8 (Saturday). That could change a bit depending on airfare, but I think I'm comfortable with it. It'll give me the Sunday afterwards to recover! I was also originally going to do 7 nights, but knew I would always want one more, so made it 8!

giphy.gif

I went ahead and booked a resort too! I know, way too early, and it'll probably get changed multiple times (already has once), but it makes me more comfortable having something in place.

The original booking was for Wilderness Lodge for all 8 nights; only thing available was Courtyard view, which was a bit pricier than I wanted. I hoped I could eventually reduce it with discounts.

Then today (on another drive into work), I got to thinking about a split stay. And I switched things up today, so current bookings are:
11/30 - 12/2: AKL (2 nights)
12/2 - 12/8: WL (6 nights)

Standards were available for both those periods of time, so it ended up saving me over $500! And that's before any discounts are available. The rates on Orbitz are the same as Disney right now and Undercover Tourist doesn't allow booking until 12 months ahead of time.

giphy.gif

Again, it's very very far in advance, and still in preliminary stages, but is definitely coming together!

11/6 - Misc updates

March trip: 15 weeks! :flower3:

Annual passholder discounts came out last week, unfortunately no availability for a standard view AKL room. They did have a standard view now available for the regular room discount, but even once I consider a 5% savings with gift cards from Target, it is the exact same as Undercover Tourist. I'll probably keep checking the AP availability occasionally, but probably just going to end up with the UT booking.

giphy.gif

Fastpass booking isn't until late December, so I have until then to finalize what parks I'm doing on which days.

ADRs still will be limited, and again will depend on my eventual schedule. I don't think any of the ones I'm thinking of will be super crowded, so not so worried about already having them in place. Though the Edison may be opened by the time I visit, so I'll have to check the menu and maybe I'll try to go there.

giphy.gif

December trip: 55 weeks! :santa:

I've done more thinking on which resorts, when, and made changes. I also realized, because I know exactly when and where I want to stay, this could be a prime opportunity to rent DVC points and save $$$. Like, a lot of $$$! Enough that I can add another day and still save over $1,000! And I figure it being a solo trip, it's ok to get studios because I won't be banishing anyone to a sofa bed!

Current plan:
Nov 29-Dec 1 (2 nights): AKL, Jambo House. First preference Standard view; Second preference Savannah view (still will save over $150 vs a standard hotel room)
Dec 1-5 (4 nights): Epcot area resort. First preference: Boardwalk standard; second preference: Boardwalk preferred; third preference: Beach Club. BWV preferred and BC are the same cost, but because I like to stay at different resorts and wouldn't be able to enjoy Stormalong Bay as much in December, I'd like to hold off at BC until a warmer month.
Dec 5-8 (3 nights): Wilderness Lodge. First preference: Copper Creek; Second preference: Boulder Ridge. I would much prefer CCV, but know owners renting points are in short supply. And I figure BRV is just one building over, so its not like Kidani where it's a longer walk/shuttle.

giphy.gif

I won't know that I'll get any of these until January. But I hope having multiple options and requesting at 11 months will give me the most chances. And I'm really looking forward to reducing my reliance on the park buses, as I can plan my park days around the resorts.

I have started thinking about possible ADRs, as that helped decide on how many nights for each stay. Places I'd like to try include:
  • Tiffins
  • Nomad Lounge (maybe in March?)
  • Flame Tree BBQ (again, maybe in March?)
  • Yak and Yeti
  • Jiko (definitely hitting in March)
  • Boma Dinner
  • Trattoria al Forno (maybe a Candlelight Processional package)
  • Via Napoli (though I'm ok with just the pizza window)
  • Chefs de France
  • Tokyo Dining
  • Cape May Cafe (though may skip this as I don't really like buffets as a solo dinner
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe-while buffets are out, all-you-can-eat platters are in!
  • Geyser Point Bar & Grill
  • D Luxe burgers
  • The Wave
  • Ohana dinner, maybe also breakfast?
  • Skipper Canteen (maybe march?)
I know it will definitely take multiple multiple trips to hit them all!

February 2019 trip?
So, what to do with that extra savings from renting DVC? I could always just keep it in my actual savings account, to you know, help pay for a house/condo. Or...I could book a Disney cruise! :sail:

giphy.gif

Opening day for 2019 cruises was last week, so I decided to check out what was available. I found a 4-night on the Disney Wonder from Feb 10-14 at a decent price (comparable to a 4-night at a deluxe resort, and the cruise price will include meals). I'm thinking I can combine it with a few park days (I will still have a valid Premier AP), for a Land and Sea adventure. And get a chance to see Festival of the Arts! I put down a deposit, but I have until November 27, 2018 to cancel with a refund, so I'm not fully committed yet.

giphy.gif

Wow,3 trips in such a short period! Good for you. Sounds like you'll have a blast. I am going to Disney In March. Love the weather in March. My Disney trip in December a few years back was kind of disappointing as I got rain everyday. I still had fun but it put a damper on things for sure.
Never done a Disney Cruise but I get so seasick that I don't think I'll ever have enough courage to dish out that much cash on something that can possibly make me miserable.

I love your list of ADR. Want to try some of those myself.

Following along for the rest!

The Most Surreal Experience Ever!

Yesterday I spent the afternoon at Disneyland (took it off from work since I had a volunteer thing in the morning). I wasn't going to write a mini trip report, because I was mainly going to experience Christmas stuff (I'll write a summary post with pictures later), but turns out they were filming for the Christmas Specials airing November 30th and Christmas morning! So I was able to see Lea Michelle singing during the afternoon and then Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell at night!

img_9075-jpg.283429

That was honestly very cool, and on a normal day, would be the highlight. If not for what happened earlier...

A totally random set of circumstances led to me being on Star Tours around 5pm, and I almost changed my mind multiple times! But thankfully I didn’t (the force must have led me-wait, that’s not how the force works)!

When I got to the front of the queue, I was sent down to Gate D along with other people around me. Something felt weird because there was a group of people standing along one of the walls and another couple of Disney execs (no one I recognized, they just had the aura of authority) on the other wall. I began to think maybe they were famous, but didn’t recognize anyone. I also saw someone with a small professional video camera and a sign for Disney Filming by our gate. The CMs filled up all other rows except for the first one, and led the group of people onto that one.

We boarded and for buckled in, and I realized something was really off because we didn’t have the preshow video at the gate and the doors were already closed on one end of the shuttle. There also was an empty seat, front row center. I also noticed a couple GoPros in the shuttle. Originally I figured, probably some Disney Channel Star they are filming going on rides for the Christmas special. Maybe, at best, it could be one of the performers (Kristen Bell could have been really cool).

A CM stayed up at the front, with a clipboard. I don’t remember his full spiel, but once he started talking more about Star Wars I started to get suspicious. He then pointed out the empty chair and called over our last passenger. Because of where I was sitting I had a perfect view down the front row catwalk and almost immediately recognized Mark Hamill’s silhouette! I definitely gave a loud gasp and my jaw dropped to the floor!

Everyone went crazy! Just sooo many screams and phones being pulled out! I did take a couple quick photos, but wanted to be more in the moment, so didn’t film the whole interaction.

img_9045-jpg.283430
img_9046-jpg.283431
img_9044-jpg.283433
img_9047-jpg.283432

Mark was sooo nice! Constantly making jokes, and just seemed so genuinely happy to make us so excited! He took a selfie and Disney took some more photos. I will have to see if I end up in any of those, but I was sitting all the way to the end of a row, so maybe not! (He also rode it a couple times-I think twice because the CMs at the end said there will only be 100 people who ride with him.)

Some funny SW jokes:
-Said he was an animatronic testing for the new Star Wars Land
-Took a poll about if people thought Luke would have any lines in the next movie
-The rows are numbered 1-5, with 5 being the front row. When he realized that, he said that was weird and it must really be in a galaxy far, far away!
-There was a slight delay getting the ride started, and he turned to us all and said “I have a bad feeling about this!”

Of course Mark was the Rebel Spy! He warned us that is a spoiler for Episode 8! And in case you are wondering, we got Hoth/BB-8/Geonosis as our sequence.

Afterwards, he thanked us and ran out before anyone could take photos or bother him (understandably so). CMs also stopped everyone to get us to sign waivers so they could post videos to social media! I can't wait to see if I show up in any of those!

When I left I was in such a daze! Just absolutely amazing! I honestly don’t know if any experience will ever top that one!

So many trips! I went with friends in August, and I’m going back in a few weeks with another friend — i sincerely wish i had purchased an AP in August. I’m so excited to see the park at Christmas time!

So many trips! I went with friends in August, and I’m going back in a few weeks with another friend — i sincerely wish i had purchased an AP in August. I’m so excited to see the park at Christmas time!
Yes, I think I’ve discovered to beat the post-Disney depression I need to always have another trip planned! :tongue:

There may actually be yet another Disney trip planned, but that possibility is dependant on other things out of my control, so I’ll post once I know!

I have to admit...I am bowing to your funny Disney math skills...they put mine to shame since you can pull out three trips with your skills. So following along...

I also saw someone with a small professional video camera and a sign for Disney Filming by our gate.
Strange that they didn't try and hid more.

almost immediately recognized Mark Hamill’s silhouette! I definitely gave a loud gasp and my jaw dropped to the floor!
Shut the Front Door!!!!! Seriously! That is AMAZING!!!! I saw the video they posted. I loved the one guy kind of in the middle, he was TOTALLY Freaking out and Not being cool about it.

-There was a slight delay getting the ride started, and he turned to us all and said “I have a bad feeling about this!”
Hilarious!!!

CMs also stopped everyone to get us to sign waivers so they could post videos to social media!
What if someone smack in the middle didn't sign? Then what would they have done.

That is so amazing!!!

Following along! How awesome to have possibly THREE trips planned! You definitely got bit by the WDW bug :)

Flower & Garden is so pretty, definitely a great time of year to go!

And Christmastime is also so magical AND you'll get to attend MVMCP!

I have to admit...I am bowing to your funny Disney math skills...they put mine to shame since you can pull out three trips with your skills. So following along...
Haha, yeah...financially it's not so great, but emotionally, I can't wait! My possible 4th trip (though it would take place in June between Trip 1 and Trip 2) is starting to become more and more of a reality! Though it may end up causing me to cancel the cruise, but I have a while to decide on that without any penalty.
Strange that they didn't try and hid more.
Shut the Front Door!!!!! Seriously! That is AMAZING!!!! I saw the video they posted. I loved the one guy kind of in the middle, he was TOTALLY Freaking out and Not being cool about it.

Hilarious!!!

What if someone smack in the middle didn't sign? Then what would they have done.

That is so amazing!!!
Yeah, it was great! I just love how in person he is exactly the type of guy you would hope him to be. I keep hearing these awesome stories about him going above and beyond for his fans, especially younger ones or people who are ill.

I think, legally, they didn't even need to get us to sign waivers. Once we passed the filming sign and agreed to go on the ride, they had the rights to use the footage. Just like when they are filming the Christmas parade, they have big signs up as you enter Main Street warning if you don't want to be filmed you need to stay away from there!

Following along! How awesome to have possibly THREE trips planned! You definitely got bit by the WDW bug :)

Flower & Garden is so pretty, definitely a great time of year to go!

And Christmastime is also so magical AND you'll get to attend MVMCP!
Yeah, I'm addicted! I can't wait to see the topiaries; I almost had planned our first trip for spring 2017 to see them, but by the time I decided to take a trip, it was getting later (though I probably could have made it work)!

Oh, I am soooo excited for Christmas at WDW! And definitely MVMCP! I just love everything Christmas, and especially Disneyland, so can't even imagine what it will be like with all of the parks and resorts and just everything!

Update 12/20 - General itinerary

I realized I hadn't updated this in forever! Well, at least for my standards. There hasn't been a whole lot of new info.

Real Life Vacation Update:

My company decided to modify our vacation policy. This year, and years previous, it was the basic, you get a certain number of days, with people with more seniority getting more days. I was somewhere in the 10-13 day range, I think. That all seemed to work out fine for the employees, but I guess corporate was having to pay out a lot of unused vacation time.
giphy.gif

So, anyways, long story short, we now no longer get a set amount of vacation time. That's right - UNLIMITED VACATION DAYS. On the surface it seems great, but really, it sucks for employees. If we don't use a lot of vacation we will no longer be able to get paid out at the end of the year (corporate tried to put limits on that but California has stricter laws so they couldn't take away any of our time no matter their policies). And if you do use a lot of vacation time, your billed hours will decrease and utilization will go down, which is what they consider for bonuses/raises. Most studies say it leads to employees taking less vacation and savings for companies, rather than helping employees...

For me, this means I may modify some ways I take Disneyworld vacations! No longer need to do the math to see if it fits in the vacation time. Though more days does lead to more $$, but it could also make for more flexibility with respect to flying dates and airfare. Trip 1 is already set in stone with nonrefundable airline tickets (though if I had known about this earlier I probably would have adjusted the dates to have slightly cheaper airfare). Trip 2 may end up getting adjusted a bit. And makes it so I won't feel guilty with a family vacation we have planned for 2018 (we know dates, just not location yet).

Trip 1: Feb/March:

You know how I said I was going to make this a less-scheduled trip with no ADRs... yeah, that's not going to happen! I started coming up with a list of places I want to eat at WDW (not just this trip or the next, in general, places I like the look of and have good reviews, etc). And I figured the March trip will be another opportunity to knock some of these places off my list! Of course, most of the places aren't the crazy hard to get ADRs, so I could maybe find day-of reservations, but it doesn't hurt to have some plans ready!

I also decided I may splurge on Ubers/Minnie Vans more. With such a short trip I don't want to waste so much time dealing with Disney transportation. I'll have to play it by ear.
giphy.gif

Here is the general itinerary (could change but this is what I'm working with now):

Day 0 - Arrival

Unfortunately they changed my flight arrival time from 4:12 to 6:07pm! So long for having more opportunities to see the sunset over the safari! As well as preventing me from heading to a park that evening (if only for a limited amount of time). What's even more annoying is I could have booked a flight that would have arrived at 5:45 with a different airline for $30 cheaper, but I chose the United Airlines flight because it would give a bit more park time!
giphy.gif

Anyways, I'll plan on doing an AKL evening.
Dinner ADR: Jiko, 8:10pm.

I think that should give me enough of a cushion to arrive and get to the Lodge in time. If my flight gets delayed I can probably call in and try to get a later time. At least I won't have to leave the building!

Depending on the exhaustion level, maybe I'll try to hit the hot tub for a bit. Or just lounge in the lobby!
giphy.gif

Day 1 - Disney After Hours!

Morning: won't need to get up super early because I won't plan on doing parks that morning. I know it'll be a late night, and I'll be dealing with jetlag, so we'll see how it goes. Though it is Disney, so I always want to get up and get going! Maybe I'll just get a pastry and sit and watch animals for a bit?

Early afternoon: Disney Springs. Probably try to hit some stores I didn't get a chance to explore much on this past trip. Lunch will be snack foods from various venues (probably try to get that done early as it will also be an early dinner). I'd like to definitely visit The Daily Poutine and Morimoto Street Food. Possibly Aristocrepes. And also Amorette's, though I may save those cakes for the next morning!

Late afternoon: Magic Kingdom. I'd like to try and get there by 3ish. FPs: Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion (all rides that take more time I don't want to spend during DAH)
Dinner ADR: Skipper Canteen, 4:30pm.

It's a pretty early dinner, but I discovered that is more my style at Disney. I like to be able to get in/get out quickly without having a huge wait to be seated and also have a busier dining room. And I want there to be time for dinner to settle before the evening!

giphy.gif

I'll also probably try to hit Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and Philharmagic before DAH.

Nighttime: Happily Ever After Dessert Party with Plaza Garden viewing 6:45 pm w/ HEA at 8pm.

Disney After Hours: 9pm-12am!
I got this shirt yesterday, which I think is appropriate:
7505057370635.jpg

Day 2 - Flower & Garden

Morning/early afternoon: I will probably let myself sleep in a bit, but I'd like to try and get to Epcot by 10am. I definitely need to see all of the gardens and topiaries and want to visit the food booths. I can't wait for those menus to be released! FPs: Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Frozen
giphy.gif

Evening:
Dinner ADR: Via Napoli, 5:15pm

Nighttime: Fantasmic Dessert & VIP viewing 6:20pm w/show at 7pm.
I worry I'm going to end up needing to cancel one of these. I do really want to try via Napoli, but I also wouldn't mind seeing Fantasmic (though I would probably save the dessert for later in the evening). I could always move via Napoli earlier, but then I worry I wouldn't be able to enjoy the food booths as much. I think I'm going to wait to see the menus for food booths before I decide. Whatever I don't do in March I will try to move to December.
giphy.gif

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom

Morning: I would like to get to the park early to get an early safari while animals are possibly active. It is an EMH day, so I may try for that, but I will need to avoid the Pandora crush. Breakfast will likely be a leftover cake from Amorette's!
FPs: FoP, Safari (though if I get it during EMH I will drop and switch to something else), EE
giphy.gif

Lunch: Either Nomad Lounge or Flame Tree BBQ. Likely Nomad, but I'll have to see! Maybe a little of both!

Late afternoon: I want to get a sunset safari, ride EE in the dark, see Tree of Life Awakenings, and have a leisurely Pandora visit.

Dinner: Tiffins, 7:55pm

This will be right before park close, so I figure I'll be able to maximize the evening time before dinner. I originally thought Tiffins looked too adventurous for me, but after seeing positive review after positive review, I'm on board to give it a shot!
giphy.gif

Day 4 - Departure

I'm not 100% certain what this day will have in store. I will probably book FPs for AK, since it is my favorite park. But I may also end up at Epcot to get some more food booths in. Or I could also try to hit up Kona Cafe at Polynesian Village. Another play by ear type of day! I do have a Kona Cafe ADR for 12:45, though that was more of a placeholder than anything!

My flight leaves at 6:05- yet another flight change, as it was originally supposed to leave at 7:35! However, I will be utilizing Resort Airline Check-in, as well as having Pre-check, so I'm almost leaning towards taking an Uber/Lyft vs taking DME. Especially if they still have the 4-hr pickup time in effect. I'm even considering bringing my carry-on backpack with me to whatever park I end up at (though I may rent a locker for that) so I don't even need to head back to AKL before heading to the airport.
giphy.gif

So, in total, still going to be a less planned trip than before, but more ADRs than originally anticipated! I do think it will be a bit freeing though, knowing I am having a longer December trip upcoming, so if I can't get on a particular ride, or eat at a certain location, I can do that later. And my ADR/FP dates will be after I return from this trip, so I will have more time in that respect!

Trip 2: December:

I put in my requests for DVC rentals a couple weeks ago, and I have a bit longer to wait to see if I get them (ie when the 11-month mark opens up). I ended up going with David's just because it seems they have more owners so more of a chance to book? Decided also going with a broker would be more comfortable than trying to find a private owner. I ended up putting in 3 requests:

1) Nov 29-Dec 1 (2 nights): AKL, Jambo House, first priority standard studio, then savannah studio. December 29 is the booking date for that one!
2) Dec 1-Dec 5 (4 nights): BWV or BC. Jan 2nd is booking date
3) Dec 5-Dec 9 (4 nights): CCV or BWV, Jan 5 is book date

If you notice, I added another night! Because I'm crazy... and I figure, with my new vacation policy, why not!

That's right - UNLIMITED VACATION DAYS.

:thumbsup2

You know how I said I was going to make this a less-scheduled trip with no ADRs... yeah, that's not going to happen!

:rotfl:

I'd like to definitely visit The Daily Poutine

You have to it's delicious!

We're really close to having official approval for our vacation days next year, but had to speak to the HR lady to re-confirm them today so I'm pretty sure I got my first choices since they have a schedule draft in the system already and she mentioned "these are the dates that will be on your confirmation". Soo we're going the same week in December!

We're really close to having official approval for our vacation days next year, but had to speak to the HR lady to re-confirm them today so I'm pretty sure I got my first choices since they have a schedule draft in the system already and she mentioned "these are the dates that will be on your confirmation". Soo we're going the same week in December!
Yippee!!!

Your plans sound great! It is way to hard to go to Disney and not make any plans, so I don't blame you for scheduling some ADRs!

Update 1/5 - FP and DVC Rental Success!

March Trip:
Was able to book all my FPs and got everything I wanted. I actually have a Flight of Passage for 4/5 days I'm going to be there, though I will probably only end up going to AK 2 days, and will cancel the extras once my plans are more set.

I also decided to skip Fantasmic entirely this trip. Just thinking about trying to coordinate the Via Napoli dinner plus Fantasmic made me get prestressed, so I don't want that on this trip. I would much rather play that evening by ear, may even skip the evening entertainment entirely! Or just meander around! TBD. And honestly, it's easier to fit in Fantasmic in December than another Table Service meal!

giphy.gif

December Trip:
My 11 month booking days have come and gone and I now have DVC rentals for each part of the split stay! It was interesting though, because each experinece was different.

Stay 1: Animal Kingdom Villas, 2 nights.

I requested first choice AKV, Standard studio and second choice Savannah view studio. But I also wanted Jambo House, not Kidani (I want to really enjoy the big lobby). I woke up on the 11-month booking date and already had an email that they were able to book my first choice; I was able to pay the rest of the money, got my contract, and done! Easy peasy!

giphy.gif

Stay 2: Boardwalk Villas, 4 nights.

This one was the most critical because BWI standard rooms are much more expensive.

I requested first choice Boardwalk standard view, second choice Boardwalk preferred view, third choice Beach Club Villas (BCV and BWV preferred are actually the same DVC cost). The 11-month window opened on January 1st, which the brokers had off, so I knew I wouldn't hear anything until January 2nd. That morning, no email...which started to get me worried! In the afternoon I emailed them to see what the status was and they assured me they were just waiting for their owner to make the booking. That evening I heard back and I ended up with the preferred view, which was ~$250 more than a standard, but I know standards go quickly, so it still saved me money. I also didn't realize you had to request a Boardwalk view (the Preferred view encompasses Boardwalk and Pool/Garden views), so I have a pool/garden view, but I may be able to request a room that still has a partial Boardwalk and maybe even view of Spaceship Earth! Still went pretty well, just a minor delay (understandable due to the holiday).

giphy.gif

Stay 3: Copper Creek Villas, 4 nights.

This is the one I was most worried about due to its newness and small amount of owners and studios.

I requested first choice Copper Creek and second choice Boulder Ridge; all views are standard. CCV has subcategories for a tub vs walk-in shower, but I didn't really have a preference that way. Today (1/5) was the 11-month mark. Mid-morning I heard back from Davids and they confirmed there was availability at CCV but they just didn't have any owners with points available. There also was no more availability at BRV. That definitely bummed me out, but I got to work figuring things out.
giphy.gif

First, put in a request at a different DVC rental broker, but they wouldn't get back to me for up to 48 hours (and I still haven't heard back yet). Second, I put out a facebook request on a DVC rental board group I joined a month or so ago. Thankfully, I heard back from an owner who had points available. We messaged back and forth, I did my research into him and had a good feeling that he is legit (he also has like 30 DVC contracts-you can look those all up on the Florida Comptrollers site) and an experienced renter. He was able to get me a CCV studio with walk-in shower for my dates! Slightly cheaper than through a broker too ($17 per point from the broker and $16.50 from the individual). Paid via paypal, and done!

So, it's official, I can't go back now!

giphy.gif

And if people are wondering how much you can save with DVC, I made the following spreadsheet to help myself (assuming a GP discount of 20% for AKL and BWI, 10% for WL, and AP discount of 5% over that):

upload_2018-1-5_14-23-51.png

So, even using the most liberal discounts, including gift cards from Target for 5% off, renting DVC saved me over $1,000! And I doubt many discounts, especially AP discounts, would have been available for the standard views, so probably saved closer to $1500! Which I will probably still spend at Disney...

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!