Footloose and Fancy Free-Dec 2018, Feb 2019 PTR-12/31-TR Link!

Do I see Illuminations when I plan to be at AK at 7 am the next morning?

• Yes, why sleep at Disney? And the show could be replaced by my next visit!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No, get some rest so I can hit AK hard the next day.

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Update 11/12 - December plans

Eep - only 2.5 weeks left before I leave! I have been making headway on my checklist:

giphy.gif
  • Landry's Card - Check; arrived a little while ago and I misplaced the envelope, but found it again!
  • Tables in Wonderland Card - Check; arrived this weekend!
  • Magic Bands - 2/3 check. The 3rd one should be arriving soon.
  • Luggage Tags - Check. Also called and got a second one sent. I get one suitcase free with my airline credit card and I'm thinking about bringing a second carry-on rolling suitcase, but offering to gate check it, so if I have a second luggage tag it would also go direct to my resort.
  • Owners Locker - Check. Decided this would make sense since I have 4 trips planned next year and will probably continue going for the foreseeable future.
  • Owners Locker supplies - partial check. I always have such a long list of supplies, so I think collecting it once will be so much easier. Have some Amazon orders arriving this week, plus did a small target run.
  • Christmas shirts - check. All arrived.
  • Touring Plans room choice - need to double check this.
  • Anything else?
Current plans:

Thursday, November 29 - Arrival day
-No real changes here. Depending on arrival time, I may try to get over to Disney Springs because some of the Christmas pins come out this day. But the ones at WDW don't seem to sell out as quickly as the ones at DLR, so I may be able to hold this out until the next day.

Friday, November 30 - Animal Kingdom
-Again, no real changes. Animal Kingdom all day with Tusker House brunch. Though I switched The Edison reservation from Disney to OpenTable. That will make it easier to cancel without a no-show fee in case there are changes to the schedule.

Saturday, December 1 - Animal Kingdom & DHS
-Same basic morning plans - Animal Kingdom with Rhino Tour and Yak and Yeti lunch.
-I decided to go with Yachtsman Steakhouse instead of Shula's for this trip. In February, I can take my mom to Shula's and sign up for the free birthday entree, so it will save money.
-I probably also will try to stop at Grand Floridian because their Gingerbread pin comes out this day and I'm aiming to get all of them this year (already have 3/7 secured, 2 more come out at Disneyland this week, and then I have a lead on the Epcot one, so the GF is the last one).
giphy.gif

Sunday, December 2 - Typhoon Lagoon? and Epcot
-They released the final Candlelight Processional narrators and John Stamos is going to be this day! So, I'm definitely seeing that! It's a good think I held onto my Tokyo Dining reservation.
-I'm not 100% certain then if I'm going to do Typhoon Lagoon this day. The idea was to go after Maria and Enzo's brunch but that's from 10:30 - 11:30 and Tokyo Dining is at 4. I'll need time to get cleaned up before heading to Epcot. So... I think I will play it by ear. I don't want to be rushed at TL, but I just don't know yet.
-My friend Zach is also going to be at WDW this time and we have California Grill reservations with plans to watch Holiday Wishes from the rooftop deck. It'll probably just be for dessert (he's joining me for the CP dinner), but those desserts do look yummy!

Monday, December 3 - Epcot
-No real changes here. Still Epcot morning, Chefs de France lunch with CP package. Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris. And DHS evening with JBJJ Dessert Party.

Tuesday, December 4 - DHS/Epcot
-If I want to, I probably could switch Typhoon Lagoon to this morning. Though I have some good FPs at DHS, which makes me hesitate. Another one I'll play by ear.
-I also want to try to eat my way around the World Showcase, there are a lot of Festival of the Holidays booths I'm interested in trying!
-Evening will be Illuminations - no special reserved viewing, I'll just find a spot.
giphy.gif

Wednesday, December 5 - Tour and Magic Kingdom
-Morning still going to do the Yuletide Fantasy Tour.
-Afternoon still heading over to Magic Kingdom for FPs
-And evening still relaxing at Wilderness Lodge with dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I will try to stop at Fort Wilderness before heading to WL just to walk around and see decorations but I cancelled the golf cart.

Thursday, December 6 - Magic Kingdom
-Same general plans: Magic Kingdom all day (though a later start so I can rest up before MVMCP). Snack around MK and go on rides.
-Dinner right now is at Grand Floridian Cafe. I keep swapping around places, so I don't know if this will stay here (basically I plan to do Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave, Geyser Point, and Kona Cafe in these 4 days; I just can't settle on which ones to do which days!)
-MVMCP at night, which I'm looking forward to. I haven't figured out a set schedule yet though.

**Now bigger changes:

Friday, December 7 - Magic Kingdom
-Based on reports from the earlier parties, and remembering from last year, it seems MVMCP gets pretty crowded. And there is a lot of entertainment schedule. So... I decided to add a second party. I think it will give me more time to relax during each party so I'm not rushing from place to place.
-I adjusted some FPs so I can go back to the resort for an afternoon break before heading back to MK for the party. For dinner, I have The Wave scheduled, so I'll probably stop there on my way back into MK.
-AND, because of all the good reviews, I decided to add Tony's Most Merriest Celebration. Basically it's a 3-hr appetizer/dessert party where you can come and go during the party. And it includes the best viewing of the second parade (right at the end of Main Street). I just think I will appreciate having a nice spot and a good relaxing atmosphere.
giphy.gif

Saturday, December 8 - Animal Kingdom
-Originally the plan was AK during the day with the Wild Africa Trek, and that stays the same. But in the evening, I decided I just don't want to deal with the MK crowds on a Saturday evening during party season. I'll have plenty of time to watch Happily Ever After in my next 2 trips, so I'm ok skipping it this visit.
-I was also able to add Rivers of Light dessert party. I know many people aren't impressed with the show, but I remember liking it. And the dessert party has good reviews, so I wanted to try it out.
-Dinner is currently scheduled at Geyser Point and just relax at the WL that evening.
giphy.gif

Sunday, December 9 - Magic Kingdom and leave
-Same basic plans, Magic Kingdom for FPs.
-Probably Kona Cafe for lunch.
-And leave. :sad1: But not too sad since my next visit will be 2 months later! :love:

Sunday, December 2 - Typhoon Lagoon? and Epcot
-They released the final Candlelight Processional narrators and John Stamos is going to be this day! So, I'm definitely seeing that!
This is the CP jackpot right here!! We've never seen NPH, but John Stamos was totally incredible. Also, as the applause died down when he came on stage, my Mom screamed out, "We love you, Uncle Jesse!!!" and he smiled and said, "Love you, too." It was my most favorite CP moment yet! I hope you have an amazing time!

My friend Zach is also going to be at WDW this time and we have California Grill reservations with plans to watch Holiday Wishes from the rooftop deck. It'll probably just be for dessert (he's joining me for the CP dinner), but those desserts do look yummy!
That sounds like so much fun!!! What a great idea to just have some desserts there, but get to experience the fireworks.

-No real changes here. Still Epcot morning, Chefs de France lunch with CP package. Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris.
Well, scratch what I said earlier about John Stamos. The real jackpot is that you get to see BOTH OF THESE AWESOME GUYS!!

-Morning still going to do the Yuletide Fantasy Tour.
I'm really looking forward to hearing about this tour! My Mom and I have almost booked it twice, and didn't end up going through with it. I can't wait to hear what you think of it and maybe finally end up doing it myself soon!

This is the CP jackpot right here!! We've never seen NPH, but John Stamos was totally incredible. Also, as the applause died down when he came on stage, my Mom screamed out, "We love you, Uncle Jesse!!!" and he smiled and said, "Love you, too." It was my most favorite CP moment yet! I hope you have an amazing time!

Well, scratch what I said earlier about John Stamos. The real jackpot is that you get to see BOTH OF THESE AWESOME GUYS!!
I know! It's very exciting!

I really wanted to try and fit in Robby Benson who's doing the two days before John Stamos. He was the voice of The Beast and I still have memories of watching a special on Disney Channel where he explored DHS (before it was called DHS). I was so confused because I didn't recognize anything from Disneyland - that was the first real time I recognized there were parks in Florida as well as California!

I'm really looking forward to hearing about this tour! My Mom and I have almost booked it twice, and didn't end up going through with it. I can't wait to hear what you think of it and maybe finally end up doing it myself soon!
I am looking forward to it! It sounds likes it been changed since previous years and includes a stop at Amorettes for Gingerbread decorating - sold!

I really wanted to try and fit in Robby Benson who's doing the two days before John Stamos. He was the voice of The Beast and I still have memories of watching a special on Disney Channel where he explored DHS (before it was called DHS). I was so confused because I didn't recognize anything from Disneyland - that was the first real time I recognized there were parks in Florida as well as California!
That would have been awesome! CP Narrator trifecta! :)

I don't know when I figured out there were two different parks, but I was just dying to go to Disneyland or Disney World when I was a kid! I'd be glued to the tv for specials like that and the Disney channel. I finally took myself when I graduated high school!

I am looking forward to it! It sounds likes it been changed since previous years and includes a stop at Amorettes for Gingerbread decorating - sold!
OH, wow!!!! Yea, that would be a selling point for us, too!

Your trip is approaching very soon! Your plans sound good :) I think it's a great idea adding a second MVMCP to your schedule. Anytime I've done 2 parties I have never regretted it, it definitely allows you to enjoy yourself more.

All of your plans looks great. I can't wait to see all the pics!

Magic Bands - 2/3 check. The 3rd one should be arriving soon.
I am intrested to hear how you juggle the bands with the hotel switches.

I decided to add Tony's Most Merriest Celebration. Basically it's a 3-hr appetizer/dessert party where you can come and go during the party. And it includes the best viewing of the second parade (right at the end of Main Street). I just think I will appreciate having a nice spot and a good relaxing atmosphere.
Fun!

Wow many changes and many trips, sounds like you have planned well! Excited to hear all about it when you get back!

12/10 - I'm back!

Sorry, sort of left off this PTR! Anyways, just got back from Disneyworld yesterday! It was a fun trip, despite getting one of those lovely WDW colds!

giphy.gif

Lots and lots of last-minute changes to my plans due to that (I spent more time in bed than I'd ever think for a WDW vacation), but I needed to figure out my limits! And hey, I'll be back in less than 2 months!

I'll be getting the Trip Report set up soon enough. Just gotta start going thru everything! And then I'll probably transition to a new PTR for my trips next year. I'll let you guys know!

Welcome back! Well I guess you probably aren't too happy to be back haha but at least you have a trip coming soon!

How was Tony's???

Welcome back! Well I guess you probably aren't too happy to be back haha but at least you have a trip coming soon!

How was Tony's???
I ended up cancelling! I did my first MVMCP night but the next day I knew I couldn't hold up until then (the cold just zapped my energy completely). I went to guest services and they gave me full refunds without any issues.

I hope you guys have fun though!

How was Tony's???
Oh also, I remember you asking about the Christmas Tree Trail at night or day. I did it both times. Night was pretty with the lights really popping. But it was much more crowded and harder to appreciate the details. Daytime (even on a Sunday noonish) I could spend more time really looking at all the cool things! So neither is a bad option, but I personally preferred daytime!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!