Food & Wine shipping options?

cinderellasmom

Earning My Ears
Can you purchase wine at the Festival and have it shipped to your home? How would you find out if liquor can be shipped to your state?

Originally posted by cinderellasmom
Can you purchase wine at the Festival and have it shipped to your home? How would you find out if liquor can be shipped to your state?

From what I understand, the State of Florida does not allow shipping of wine outside the state.

I know Ohio doesn't allow shipping wine into the state:(

So I am blocked at both ends.

Ed

After going to the F&W festival a couple of years ago, my interest was peaked about wines made from citrus products from FL. This facility seems to have a large assortment:

http://www.floridawine.com/order.htm

This is their order form. They also have a wine of the month club so it sounds like they do ship.

Also check out the Orlando Winery:

http://www.orlandowinery.com/Shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1&cat=Our+Wines

I'm heading to WDW in about a month & I want to either ship some wine back or bring some back on the plane. This place had a store on International Drive but it looks like they are moving.

I would also like to know if wine can be shipped home. Susan

At least in years past, it has not been possible to buy wine at the F&W Festival and have Disney ship it home for you. We've wanted to do so, but have ended up carrying it home ourselves. Also, Disney won't send wine to your hotel room if you're staying on site (as they do with other things you buy in the parks). You have to carry it back to the hotel with you. (They seem to fear that an underage guest in your room will claim it and get drunk before you can get any yourself!)

I doubt this will change this year. I suppose you could take it to fed ex yourself and have it shipped home, but I'm not sure about the Florida laws on that. We haven't bothered to try that.

I tried to have a bottle of wine from Germany in the World Showcase shipped home on our last trip. They said it was not possible. So I just packed it in my carry on baggage.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter