Food Rocks closed as well as Behind the Seeds tour

mitros

<font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<
I posted this on the rumors and news board, but I'm not sure if the same folks read that board also read this board. Anyway, they have closed Behind the Seeds Tour and Food Rocks to make way for Soarin' They will rearrange that whole area including the shop that's back there.

Where did you hear this? I looked on Deb's site and she has updated the closures today and it is not on there.

We were there this past Monday and Tuesday, January 12th and 13th, and saw it first hand. We were kind of shocked ourselves, as when we went in December,everything was normal.It was a sad sight, but my wife and I are looking foward to Soarin'.

I read somewhere last year that Food Rocks was going!Unfortunately we have never seen it,but had read in a guide that it was really good.We had hoped to catch it on our last visit but I was the only one in the party intrested & by the time we had gone back to it ,it had finished for the day!I s'pose if missed my chance now!! SD:mad:

Gail, that is true. This is being done because that will be the entrance area for Soarin. I can't wait for that ride. It is awesome. I loved when I went to DL.

I was at the last show on Jan 4th for Food Rocks. I guess they closed the behind the seeds tour so people can't see the construction.

Yep, we did them for the last time in Dec. My dd felt so sad that Food Rocks will be gone forever. But on to bigger and better attractions.

I heard about the Food Rocks closure when I went in December and decided to sneak a camera in and get some shots. It was never my favorite show, but it brings back childhood memories.
Here are a few pics:

f9f59c21.jpg

f9f59cb9.jpg

f9f59ce7.jpg

f9f59b4a.jpg

We made a point of seeing Food Rocks on 1/3 -- I had read here about it closing to make room for Soaring over California, and the CMs were telling everyone they could take pictures. My family put up with it, but I will miss this show. I loved all the puns with rock groups.

Originally posted by mitros
We were there this past Monday and Tuesday, January 12th and 13th, and saw it first hand. We were kind of shocked ourselves, as when we went in December,everything was normal.It was a sad sight, but my wife and I are looking foward to Soarin'.

Mitros,
Thank you for the information. What a bummer. I love the Behind the Seeds tour.

Is the Behind the Seeds tour the walking tour? Is the Living with the Land boat ride still open?

Yes, it is the walking tour, and the boat ride is open and will remain as part of tThe Land pavilion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter