Food quality on Dream vs. other Disney ships

Every single cruise line sends out guest satisfaction surveys at the conclusion of every cruise. These surveys are the primary dictator for contract renewals, promotions, raises, incentives, etc. Food is prepared by hundreds of cooks and kitchen staff, most of whom have many years of experience across multiple cruise lines.

Is it possible that the provisions for a specific cruise are poor? Absolutely, especially on extended cruises, ships that do seasonal Europe sailings, etc. where much more product than normal is frozen. Is it possible that a specific meal was not up to standard? Absolutely.

But the notion that every meal on a specific ship for an extended period of time is below standard... just makes no sense. I think it's largely psychological -- just as Disney fanatics book cruises on Royal and find all the food to be "inedible" (which again is ridiculous), I think Disney fantantics who are fans of a specific ship then travel on one that's not so hot... find things to justify their opinions.

We were also on the Dream April 5-8 sailing... We found the food to be no different than what we experienced on the Wish on our previous cruises on that ship. In fact our single worst meal across all cruise ships continues to be a Wish sailing that we had at WOM... Our team did seem overworked though, and I felt bad for them, but they did a great job and the food was overall made just right for us given the limitations of banquet food.

We just got off a B2B on the Dream (April 5-8 and April 8-12) and we honestly had the best food we have experienced in our 7 sailings. I was following this post before our cruise and I was very nervous about food quality as we were sailing with 25 first-time Disney cruisers for our wedding. But everyone raved about the food! Steaks were cooked perfectly medium rare, and the sea bass in Enchanted Garden was the best and most tender we've ever had it. We found Cabanas and Deck 11 quick-service to be very high quality, and even Castaway food was delicious (we haven't loved it in the past, but the ribs and grilled chicken in particular were sooo good on this cruise). Just wanted to provide another perspective!

and even Castaway food was delicious (we haven't loved it in the past, but the ribs and grilled chicken in particular were sooo good on this cruise). Just wanted to provide another perspective!
Wow... after our first one or two times off at Castaway, we decided to not even try it and make sure we were back for Cabanas. (Our first sailing at 1923 open during lunch, but it seems like they aren't doing sit-down on CC days anymore on our 3 night sailings anyways).

Disappointed we missed out on decent food on land on our cruise! (We also enjoyed the April 5-8)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter