Food Options for Hilton Head?

Thanks for the suggestions!! The main reason I want to visit HH is to get a break from the scrambling of the parks and intense planning it takes but the planner in me still feels like I need to plan out something :) I have heard so many positive things about Disney HHI and cant wait to visit and check it all out!!
HHI has the friendliest CMs anywhere, hands down. They're very helpful. In addition to what others have said, I echo that you can reach many great places to eat within a five minute drive. Even more at 10 minutes and so forth. As long as I'm talking food, I recommend OMBRA Cucina which is about 5-7 minutes away down the main drag. Best Italian around, though it's a bit pricey. Consistently wins lots of TOP awards in the HHI area.

Any advice/opinions on the Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse? It came up in a Groupon email and it reminds me of Ohana which is a favorite for us while at Disney!!

The Crazy Crab on the parkway just had an extensive fire about 2-3 weeks ago. The location in Sea Pines is open. Crazy Crab is planning to re-open Memorial Day weekend.

There is a Panera closer to the roundabout, about 3 miles from the resort. It's close to the "triangle" of restaurants.

Another nearby restaurant not mentioned is Hickory Tavern, about a stone's throw from Giuseppi's.

The HHI resort and CMs are amazing!

We just got home today after spending our 3rd winter in Hilton Head.

Jan

Last edited:
The Crazy Crab on the parkway just had an extensive fire about 2-3 weeks ago. The location in Sea Pines is open. Crazy Crab is planning to re-open Memorial Day weekend.

The HHI resort and CMs are amazing!

Jan
Is the Sea Pines location the one that requires an entry fee to get to that area of HH? I believe it is, and we were surprised when we pulled up to the little "guard" shack and were told it would be a charge to enter that area of HH. If it is the same location, I just wanted the OP to know that. ;)

Jan

Did you spend the whole winter there? If so, boy, do I envy you! I remember Gordon telling us that there were a few people who do-they spend their 30 days there (since 30 days is the maximum length of stay), go down to WDW for a few days, then come back up and start another 30 days.

Last time we went, the fee to enter Sea Pines was $6/car. Recently I read that there was a proposal to increase it, but they haven't. And I don't think any restaurants or golf courses in Sea Pines reimburse you for the gate fee.

We really enjoy Sea Shack. Cannot thank Simba’s Mom enough for her recommendation, many years ago!

CE263EEA-862D-4B2E-9CF4-198F2AB029FA.jpeg

Yes, $6.00 entry fee to Sea Pines.There was talk earlier this year to raise the fee to $10!!!

Last edited:
Yrs, $6.00 entry fee to Sea Pines.There was talk earlier this year to raise the fee to $10!!!
Yikes! We almost didn't pay and thought of turning around. However, we'd heard good things about Crazy Crab, and the pictures and descriptions they touted made it seem as though it was on the water. Yeah, no. Food was okay, and definitely not on the water. I wouldn't pay $6, and certainly not $10, to go back. Too many other wonderful places to eat without that longish drive and then fee on top of that.

Some of the places near the resort will give a discount if you show your DVC card. Also there are those booklets with coupons all over the place. Can ask front desk if they have any coupons.

Places we love...Poseidon, Scott's, Frosty Frog. Try to do those every trip.

Did you spend the whole winter there? If so, boy, do I envy you! I remember Gordon telling us that there were a few people who do-they spend their 30 days there (since 30 days is the maximum length of stay), go down to WDW for a few days, then come back up and start another 30 days.

Last time we went, the fee to enter Sea Pines was $6/car. Recently I read that there was a proposal to increase it, but they haven't. And I don't think any restaurants or golf courses in Sea Pines reimburse you for the gate fee.

We rent a condo about a mile from the DVC resort and were there for 3 months. We stayed at DVC resort for 2 days upon arrival, booked rooms for a total of 15 days for DD and family, grandkids, and friends who visited. I add our names to the reservation so we have full access to resort amenities. We visit the resort often so DH can get his Mickey bar or Dole Whip fix. As a non-guest, we can shop and eat at resort but have no access to beach house. We have friends who stay about 60 days at HHI resort in January and February using cash and points. Gordon is great! I went to his coffee tasting this winter!

Some HHI restaurants offer discounts, buy one get half off second entree, in late December through February, with some black out dates. The SERG group of restaurants offers this deal. The corporation to which Crazy Crab belongs offers BOGO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!