Food help (Bariatric surgery)

Lou-Ann

DIS Veteran
I have had surgery this past year and have lost 80 lbs so far. I am unable to tolerate any fried foods or anything with fat of any kind. I become really ill. Sugar also makes me very ill. I can only have abbout 1/4 cup of food so I normally eat off my Hubby's plate. This makes the Character Buffets off limits for us as to pay $40. 00 and to not eat would be foolish. As I look at the menues I am seeing so much barbecue and fried food I am getting freightened that there may not be places for me to eat. I had hoped to go to Blue Bayou for Prime Rib and now even that is gone. Does anyone have any suggestions for me for Roast chicken, turkey, crab legs, roast beef, and normal healthy food? I am not concerned about price. I cannot have starches , potatoes, spaghettie, pizza and the like. Thanks so much. I nearly died this year and spent 4 months in bed. I REALLY need to get to Disney but need to eat while there. I appreciate any help you can give me. I need fresh fruit also.

They have fruit available in the parks at the ODV carts. I suggest you contact the chefs at DL and let them know your restrictions........I'm sorry I don't have the number personally but I know someone here will. :) Or will have email contact information.

Congrats on your weight loss!

I like Jambalaya from the french market. There are also lots of salads at msot places.

I am able to find that the salads at red rockets pizza port are just yummy as is , and I don’t need anything else really. And I to have had a tremendous weight loss not by surgery though, but I still have to keep the weight off for all the hot boys I plan on meeting at DLR, even so for salads that place is my second choice, first choice is the salad in the bread bowl at pacific ward in DCA, you don’t have to eat the bread, but the salad is super good!

HAIL TO LOOSING WEIGHT!!

Thanks so much. I am still at a loss for breakfast as I usually have protein like a piece of ham and some fruit like strawberries or banana, and most places are heavy on the pancakes and heavy on the syrupy fruits etc. Thanks for the suggestions you have given me so far. Any more will be appreciated.

You might want to consider bfast buffets, they will have a variety of foods available and you can probably find your ham and there will be plenty of fresh fruit available. Or perhaps just eat fruit in your room before you go to the parks. Are you staying on site? Will you have a fridge and micro? You can get some ham steaks and heat them up in the morning for your protein fix.

You might want to consider bfast buffets, they will have a variety of foods available and you can probably find your ham and there will be plenty of fresh fruit available. Or perhaps just eat fruit in your room before you go to the parks. Are you staying on site? Will you have a fridge and micro? You can get some ham steaks and heat them up in the morning for your protein fix.

p-wings those are high high in carbs!! i think that if she got a string cheese an a hardboiled egg from white water snacks and a fruit then she should be fine. they usually have things for people who are wieght conscious and don't like carbs(like me), otherwise i say bring some pomegranettes with you and hav one every morning with a peice of cheese, not only are detoxing with the pom but your getting ride of the bad radicals in your body... and yes p-wings that ismy secret to looking so hot!

I really appreciate the idea but my problem is two fold, first and formost, I have to have my protein first before I eat my fruit or there are terrible digestion problems and I do not do eggs and am unable to handle cheese of any kind, hence the ham or turkey slices followed by fruit. If I did the buffet, they would have what I need, but I would be paying for about $15.00 worth of foods that I cannot have and wasting a lot each day. I only eat about 1/4 cup of food per meal as that is all my tummy can /will hold. Even with the card from my surgeon stating this, I seriously doubt they would let me have a child's price nor would I ask as I am sure they would not believe me. At normal restaurants I just have DH order something appropriate and I eat off his plate and we go our merry way. I often travel with my cooler and Boars Head oven roasted turkey slices but they would also not let me inot a buffet to let me sit and watch DH eat.... I so want and need to get to Disney. I am amazed at the poor choices I see in so many of their menues though. Even in their Plaza restaurant their pre-plated meals are with mashed potatoes and not with a choice option for a second veggie or fruit. Chicken is the leg which is fattier, no baked breast. I am getting very discouraged... I have been looking for a seafood that is broiled somewhere as well and not in a mass of cheese to no avail. HELP.....

River Belle Terrace has very nice carved turkey sandwiches. You can get the child's portion.

THANK GOD......I am so happy to hear this.... can I get one for breakfast too? If not, I could always buy one at night and take it to my room to have ready for morning. Thanks you so very, very much. You just saved my trip.

p-wings those are high high in carbs!! i think that if she got a string cheese an a hardboiled egg from white water snacks and a fruit then she should be fine. they usually have things for people who are wieght conscious and don't like carbs(like me), otherwise i say bring some pomegranettes with you and hav one every morning with a peice of cheese, not only are detoxing with the pom but your getting ride of the bad radicals in your body... and yes p-wings that ismy secret to looking so hot!

Funball I suggested that because that's what she said she eats in the mornings, ham or turkey and fruit. :) Pomegranettes are great but they are so hard to eat........

River Belle Terrace has very nice carved turkey sandwiches. You can get the child's portion.

:thumbsup2

THANK GOD......I am so happy to hear this.... can I get one for breakfast too? If not, I could always buy one at night and take it to my room to have ready for morning. Thanks you so very, very much. You just saved my trip.

You won't be able to get a turkey sandwich for bfast but RBT does have some choices you might be able to snack off, they always have a fruit platter that is usually very good. Bummer that you can't eat eggs, I love eggs for my morning protein while at DL. When we go to RBT we usually get Mickey pancakes, a Mark Twain and a fruit plate and we share, we do sometimes get 1 more Mickey pancake depending on when we actually eat but it's always enough for us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter