Food available at Fantasmic?

BuzzLightYear3

Mouseketeer
Hi....wondered if someone could tell me if food (e.g. hot dogs) is available in the 'stadium' where Fantasmic is done. We've done the Fantasmic Dinner Deal before, but I hate to pay for a nice dinner at a place we don't really want to go.....especially because my 3 kids are all picky eaters. I'm therefore wondering if we just show up early to get good seats if we could just get hot dogs/chips to keep the kids satisfied and pass the time. I remember vendors selling light-up toys and popcorn, but I didn't pay much attention to what else they had. Also, how soon before the show do they let people in? We'll be going in June. (Planning ahead on this rainy winter day in Ohio.)

Thanks!

Yes, there's a stand with food. You do have to get up out of your seat to go get the "real" food, but you can make a meal out of it. I don't remember exactly what they have. I don't think they take room keys or charge cards though, so bring cash.

There is a concession area at the back of the Fantasmic! amphitheater near where the restrooms are. They sell the typical counter service menu of sandwiches and soft drinks. Also, vendors walk through the aisles selling soft drinks, pretzels, popcorn, cotton candy, etc.

We got hot dogs and pretzels last week.

They don't take room charges though:(

Thanks! This board is great! $3.75 for a hot dog and fries seems like a WDW bargain! Think we'll have a nice lunch and try this for dinner!

We were in the same boat, on December 20, not wanting to waste money on a dinner and we had finished touring the park at 4:00, so we wandered over to the Fantasmic entry area right as they let folks in (the show was at 6:00). We got the super front row center bench right at the rail, ate dinner, vsitied with a CMs and other folks there early, rested, and bundled up since the temp began to drop. We did not get wet at all, and shot some fantastic Fantasmic video. For us, the 2 hours was much better spent than the dinner package.

When we did Fantasmic in May they were only selling popcorn and 'snack' type foods. No hot dogs. I'm not sure why that would be (since we got hot dogs 2 years ago).

You can also pick up something outside of the theater before you enter and take it in with you.

I wonder if they only sell 'sandwiches' when Fantasmic is early. When it's a 'late show', e.g. 9:00, as it would have been in May, maybe they don't sell enough hot dogs to make it worthwhile since many people would have eaten dinner before entering the stadium. Any other experiences that could prove or disprove this theory?

Great info.
All I know is when we saw Fantasmic in December of 2000 (Brrrr) vendors were selling hot chocolate. And every couple in our group came home with a souviner mug from that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter