Food and Wine

I love it.

I am glad that they have expanded the spring time Flower and Garden festival into a mini F&W by adding food kiosks. That is pretty worthwhile also.

Thanks for saying that! We're thinking of going again next year, after a break of many years. We liked the BBQ-maybe we have no taste!

Thanks for saying that! We're thinking of going again next year, after a break of many years. We liked the BBQ-maybe we have no taste!

I loved the burnt ends hash, the tenderloin tips and seared scallops (which I was skeptical about beforehand, but gave a shot).

I'll admit that there were a number of booths that didn't interest me at all - but it's hard to know if they weren't trying or the variety offered just didn't appeal to me.

Last edited:
I am from the south. I thought the BBQ was pathetic. I was with a friend from New York. She loved it. (Proof that Yankees don't know good BBQ IMHO LOL!)

I love the Food and Wine fest! The prices do really add up after a while, and the crowds get thick on Friday and the weekend, but it's really fun. I enjoy tapas style eating and trying lots of different things, and would love to do one of the demonstrations. I went down two times to run the half and i'm excited that this year I will be on an all-eating no-running trip.

I'll be the lone dissent. We have a big family and the costs just get too high. Maybe if it were just dh and I it would be worth it but not for our family of 6. I'd rather sit down and have a nice full meal at a table.

I'll be the lone dissent. We have a big family and the costs just get too high. Maybe if it were just dh and I it would be worth it but not for our family of 6. I'd rather sit down and have a nice full meal at a table.
Not the only one. It's not for us either. Too crowded, too hot, too much waiting, too expensive. We are a family of five. We avoid World Showcase in the evening and on weekends during F and W. would rather have a full meal at one of the restaurants.

Yes, go! I have been there often during the festival, just wait until it gets a bit cooler. I was there yesterday, and when I wasn't sweating, I was soaking wet, but it was still fun.

Considering heading down in 2018 during Food and Wine Festival. My question is if you've done it, is it worth it?

We've done it, and we love it. Worst case scenario, even if it's not your thing, at least you can say you tried it.

Suggestion: Go during the week, weekends get more crowded.

• Check the schedule, you can catch some really good bands.
  • Read up on the various offerings of the different countries.
  • The food given out is fairly small portions, so it can get pricey for a family.
  • We pick throughout the day, never really have a "big" meal

Go for it, also Oct/Nov is ideal weather (at least we think).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter