Food and Wine Kiosks/Foods kids will try?

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
We will be taking our grandkids to Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival, and will be trying some of the different dishes. Realizing there are some changes from year to year, are there any booths/foods that your kids have really enjoyed rather than just endured? We plan on Light Lab for sure, but hope there will be some foods other than just desserts they may try/like. They are 5 and 7.

No idea, but I'm curious as well. We'll be at food and wine for the first time this year with a 3 and 6 year old.

We will be taking our grandkids to Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival, and will be trying some of the different dishes. Realizing there are some changes from year to year, are there any booths/foods that your kids have really enjoyed rather than just endured? We plan on Light Lab for sure, but hope there will be some foods other than just desserts they may try/like. They are 5 and 7.
A lot will depend on how picky the kids are. There's a loaded mac 'n cheese (Active Eats) that is very good. The cheddar cheese soup with pretzel roll (Canada) is another winner. Germany features a bratwurst on a pretzel roll. The Piggy Wings from Flavors from the Fire are BBQ'd spare ribs. Kalua Pork Sliders at Hawai'i. Teriyaki Chicken Bun in Japan.

TBH, many of the foods are somewhat adventurous but the portions are small. I suggest that you purchase whatever you're interested in eating and let the kiddos try some of your food. If they like it, you can just get more! :)

Here's a link to a write up about the various food booths:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-booths-menus-and-food-photos/

I would say it really depends on the kid. I know my daughter (12) will try and enjoy most of the choices. Even at 5 or 7 it would've been the same. She's my travel partner and I"m hoping to share with her.

I would say it really depends on the kid. I know my daughter (12) will try and enjoy most of the choices. Even at 5 or 7 it would've been the same. She's my travel partner and I"m hoping to share with her.
Thank you! That is going to be my strategy as well! We'll do the "try a bite" and see how it goes!

It definitely depends on the kids. My kids are pretty adventurous and would taste lots of things. One thing we found as while we were happy eating around the festival and calling it "lunch" or "dinner" my kids viewed it as snacking. They got super grumpy until we realized they needed something more structured to count as a meal. A quick counter service kids meal solved their problem. We just had to figure out that they needed it!

You can check everything out on the Disney Food Blog. Many of the items are marked KA for Kid Approved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!