Flying With Power Chair

scroot

Mouseketeer
DW and I are taking our fist trip since she aquired her power chair. We will fly on Southwest changing planes once each way. How difficult do you think it will be to travel with her power chair? It is an invacare pronto sure step. It breaks down with the largest and heaviest piece being the seat at about 50 lbs. Any advice would be appreciated. It would be so much more fun for her not to have me pushing the whole time. :thumbsup2

scroot said:
DW and I are taking our fist trip since she aquired her power chair. We will fly on Southwest changing planes once each way. How difficult do you think it will be to travel with her power chair? It is an invacare pronto sure step. It breaks down with the largest and heaviest piece being the seat at about 50 lbs. Any advice would be appreciated. It would be so much more fun for her not to have me pushing the whole time. :thumbsup2

Drive it up to the ticket counter
Tell them it has gel cell batteries
Let them fill out the paperwork and tag it
Drive it to the gate
Get in the pre-board line
Drive chair to end of jetway when boarding
Remove any fragile pieces and carry them on with you to prevent their damage from shifting luggage
let baggage guys take it away for loading
board plane using special narrow chair if necessary

When you get where you're going wait until they bring your chair then get off plane using narrow chair if necessary.

Examine chair for damage and proper operation before going too far so you can make a claim immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter