Flying with nourish

999miles

Earning My Ears
Hi! We are less then two weeks out from our trip! My two year old is medically complex (shunted hydrocephalus, spastic diplegia cp, feeding tube and so forth). We flew down last year but she was on powdered formula. Not a problem with tsa. This year she is on nourish, which is a packaged, soup like food that goes through her g tube. It’s hard to replace and very expensive. I don’t want to pack it in our checked luggage but we will have around 30 12 oz packages if we take it in our carry on. Tsa will be a pain. Suggestions?

Attachments

• 772D26C9-A184-47A4-AE13-3318C962AAA2.jpeg
    772D26C9-A184-47A4-AE13-3318C962AAA2.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 25
I once carried an entire backpack of nothing but kid essential onto a plane, and tea didn't have a problem with it. My daughters gut isn't as sensitive now, so while we prefer the kid essentials at home, when we travel I just switch her over to powdered Pediasure for a week to make packing easier. Another option would be to call your resort and see if you can ship a box of nourish down ahead of time

@999miles If I were in your shoes, I might consider shipping ahead, and carrying enough with you for 48 hours. That way you aren't loaded down with all of those packages, and by splitting your supply, if something happens (to either your carry-on supply, or the shipped supply) you should still be OK once you get to Orlando.

I have never tried this, so take it with a HUGE grain of salt, but...

TSA's toll free helpline, called TSA Cares, enables travelers or families of passengers with disabilities and medical conditions to call 1-855-787-2227 with any questions about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the security checkpoint 72 hours prior to traveling.

TSA shares tips for travelers with disabilities, medical devices, medical ...
https://www.tsa.gov/.../tsa-shares-tips-travelers-disabilities-medical-devices-medical-cond...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter