Flying porter out of Toronto billy Bishop

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hi All
Have a wedding coming up and am looking at flying Porter out of Toronto but have never flown out if billy Bishop . Usually park and fly out of Pearson or drive south of border ..
thoughts ? I really don’t want to park and fly from downtown Toronto ?
Price wise little cheaper but times are much better
Thanks

I love Porter and Billy Bishop! So easy in lots of ways because it is a smaller airport. Plus awesome free treats for all in the lounge. I take the GO train to Union and then there is a dedicated shuttle bus that you can catch right near the Royal York.

I will say that my daughter is not a fan...Porter planes are on the smaller side and landing and taking off right by the water seems to make things a little rougher. The other possible disadvantage flying to the US is that you have to go through customs at your destination airport.

Hi All
Have a wedding coming up and am looking at flying Porter out of Toronto but have never flown out if billy Bishop . Usually park and fly out of Pearson or drive south of border ..
thoughts ? I really don’t want to park and fly from downtown Toronto ?
Price wise little cheaper but times are much better
Thanks
It's doable -- depending on how much "cheaper" it is and what you're willing to do to actually take advantage of the better times. You can still use a Park n fly at Pearson and then take the UP Express into Union, walk across the street to the Royal York and take the free shuttle over to Billy Bishop. None of the hotels at Pearson will care where/when you're flying, and you can use their shuttle to get to the airport and then make your way to the UP.

OR depending on when you're arriving, if you look for codes you can find parking in the Value Garage for less than a hotel & parking. For a point of reference we're paying just a tad over $170 for 15 nights in January. The UP will cost you around $18 if you have a Presto card or $25 without

Depending on where you are coming from and how much luggage you might be handling, you can also take Via Rail or GO train/GO bus to Union Station rather than going to Pearson or driving downtown. You do have to take into account the time to get from Union Station to the airport so you have to factor that into the timing of the flight and whether it's still better. I used to work at an office downtown within walking distance of Union and we had another office in Ottawa. It was super convenient for staff to use the island airport instead of Pearson so most people used it. I was one of the few who didn't since I live on the other side of Pearson away from downtown Toronto. But several people who lived in the Brampton area actually would go downtown for the island rather than Pearson.

Depends where you are coming from. Look to park at a GO station then head to Union. If you are going on a weekend, there are some TTC lots that are free. Download the green parking app and you can keep your parking fees up to date. Don’t do this mid week though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!