Flying out of Milwaukee

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever fly out of and park at MKE?

This will be my first time (that I remember) flying out of Milwaukee airport. We are driving and leaving our car at the airport. My question is, how easy is it to follow signs into the airport and parking garages? I've heard it's a pretty small/compact/easy to get around airport. But I still worry about these things 🙄

Thank you!

We always fly out of Milwaukee and find it easy to navigate. If you're coming via the interstate there is plenty of signage so you know which exit to take. You may want to look at the website ahead of time so you understand if you want Daily, Hourly, Surface, etc parking. Then just follow the signs to the right one. Signage directing you from parking to the terminal is easy to follow.

We fly in and out of Milwaukee almost every time we travel because it is so much cheaper than ATW or GRB. The signs are pretty easy to follow although there is construction on I94/41 so beware of that. SuperSaver parking can save money but it might not be worth it in winter. The airport is a decent size but it is laid out really well and easy to get around.

Last edited:
It is very manageable and traveler-friendly. If you will be coming in on the Interstate, there will be an airport exit, which will bring you right onto the airport property, with posted signs for the different parking options. If you park inside the structure, it will be about a five minute walk into the terminal. The airline counters to check-in and check bags are on level one; Security and gates are one floor up. TSA Security will take no longer than 5-15 minutes to clear, depending on time of day, if you don't have PreCheck; with PreCheck, it will be about 5 minutes. And--MKE is home to the famous Recombobulation Area! https://onmilwaukee.com/visitors/articles/recombobulationsigns.html

There is airport-owned parking with many choices, including an attached parking structure and several surface lots. There are also private lots in the area, with shuttle service to/from the airport.

https://www.mitchellairport.com/https://www.mitchellairport.com/airport-guide/general-informationWhat airline will you be flying?

Last edited:

Easy peasy!
If you want to save a bit of cash, consider Wally Park or similar. These places are located literally across the street from the airport. Shuttles come around constantly. Never waited more than 5 minutes.
Groupon has deals all the time of $5 per day. Much cheaper than the parking structure or surface lot.

We fly in and out of Milwaukee almost every time we travel because it is so much cheaper than ATW or GRB. The signs are pretty easy to follow although there is construction on I43 so beware of that. SuperSaver parking can save money but it might not be worth it in winter. The airport is a decent size but it is laid out really well and easy to get around.

I believe we will be coming in on I94, is that a better option?

They meant I-41 which is the same as I-94 in that area. The construction runs from Racine all the way up to the airport. Depending on when you're flying it may delay you a bit. When I flew out on my own I parked in the SuperSaver lot. It was probably a 5 minute shuttle ride, but had to wait 10 minutes for the shuttle. When my wife flew down on her own, she parked at FastPark. They pulled the shuttle right up to her car, took the suitcases out of her trunk, put them in the shuttle and it was a 7-8 minute shuttle ride from there to the terminal doors. I think it cost $1 more per day than super saver but less than any of the other options we were comfortable with due to her flight times. Another option I've used is ParkNFly. We had a 7am flight and live 75 miles north of MKE. We got a hotel room for the night before and parking for the 5 days we were gone for $115. I know a couple of people have done it with a room on their way home when they get a late flight in.

They meant I-41 which is the same as I-94 in that area. The construction runs from Racine all the way up to the airport. Depending on when you're flying it may delay you a bit. When I flew out on my own I parked in the SuperSaver lot. It was probably a 5 minute shuttle ride, but had to wait 10 minutes for the shuttle. When my wife flew down on her own, she parked at FastPark. They pulled the shuttle right up to her car, took the suitcases out of her trunk, put them in the shuttle and it was a 7-8 minute shuttle ride from there to the terminal doors. I think it cost $1 more per day than super saver but less than any of the other options we were comfortable with due to her flight times. Another option I've used is ParkNFly. We had a 7am flight and live 75 miles north of MKE. We got a hotel room for the night before and parking for the 5 days we were gone for $115. I know a couple of people have done it with a room on their way home when they get a late flight in.
Yes, you are correct...I did not mean 43. My bad.

We flew out of MKE on Labor Day. Pretty low key airport. Not huge crowds compared to SeaTac which is a disaster.

Any of those offsite parking places are a great choice. ParknFLy or FastPark are two examples that have locations at many airports. They pick you up right at your car and drop you directly at the terminal. Typically they operate 24 hrs a day. That is often a much better/safer choice if traveling alone or off hours vs. walking through some parking garage while carrying luggage to get to the airport. You also avoid the typical congestion directly at the airport since you park a couple of miles away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!