Flying out of Indy.... next parking?

Jenny-momof3

DIS Veteran
We usually fly out of Columbus but due to flight changes on Southwest, we’re flying out of Indianapolis tomorrow. In Columbus, they have super close parking at only $5/ day. My DH drops the kids and I with our luggage to go check in, parks the car, then hops in their fast shuttle to meet us before we go through security.

Suggestions on where to park in Indy that would be similar to this?

We live in Indy area and use the airport all the time. How do we do it w 2 toddlers and luggage: pull up, curb check in, have the wife and kids go inside and get chic fil a and the husband park in economy. Park between bus stop 10 and 17 as you’ll be one of the last one on and first off.

We do this all the time and I’m usually back in the airport in time to eat w the kids.
And wife. $9 a day to park.

Ok, so we're opposite! We usually fly or of Indy and are instead going out of Columbus in October.
Tell me all about the Columbus airport please, as I've never even laid eyes on the place. We'll be coming from the Delaware, Ohio area and flying out at 5:40AM

I work at CMH and fly out regularly. It's been about a decade since I flew out of IND so my memory is a bit hazy. Coming from Delaware, you'll have at least a 30 to 40 minute drive. The good thing is, you really don't need to arrive too early at CMH. Oddly, the airport is divided into 3 concourses that are not connected at all except the main "hub" of the airport with the check-in counters etc. Each concourse has its own TSA line so that cuts down on crowds in a big way.

The parking around the airport is reasonable (ranges from about $6 to $9 per day) and is close enough that some could be dropped at the curb while others go park the car.

My only question is why stay in Delaware? If you're staying in a hotel I'd recommend finding something closer. Let me know if you have any other questions. My office overlooks the runway, ha!

Thank you so very much!! You make it seem like a very manageable airport :)
We're staying in Delaware because my sister lives there. We'll be going over and possibly going to the zoo on Saturday and hanging out and staying the night with them. Then flying out at 5:40am 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter