Flying in LB

GailT

<font color=blue>I'm ba-ack!!!!<br><font color=mag
I am flying into Longbeach on December 22 at around 10am. I know that is to early to get into the GC so I was wondering anyone have suggestions around there what I can do and where is a good place eat, it may be 10am there but my stomach is still on EST and it is lunch time for me? :santa:

sorry about that Long Beach

Sorry, dont know the area that well. But, you can go to the GC and check in, and they will hold your bags if your room isnt ready. Then you can explore DTD, the hotels, or if you have tickets for that day go in to the parks.

I like Hof's Hut on Bellflower or that Danish resturant on Atlantic (can't find the name - if I find it I'll post it for you).

I'm with Linda on this one. Go ahead and go to CGH and see if you CAN check in. Sometimes, rooms are available, or at least they'll store your luggage and give you a room assignment for later in the day. Then you can relax, take time to poke around the hotel (an attraction in itself!) eat at Storyteller's Cafe or (nicer) Napa Rose, or go to Downtown Disney and find a bite to eat there. BETTER YET, leave your bags, go to the parks and eat in Disneyland! :love:

As the others said, you can go ahead to Anaheim, but if you'd rather go to Long Beach first, take the 405 fwy to the 710 fwy south and head to Downtown Long Beach. There are a lot of places to dine, plus you can also go to the "Pike" and eat there. It's pretty nice these days in that area.

There's really no reason to eat in LB, unless you're absolutely dying for some food (if you are, I second Mary Jo and recommend the Pike area). Otherwise, check your bags at your hotel and get something to eat in or near the park. I highly recommend the corn dogs from the cart at the end of Main Street-- yum!

You might not get to the GC for another hour or so, so relax and have lunch in Long Beach. There's a great Mexican restaurant near the airport (Spring and Clark) called Baja Sonora. Try the chimichanga. It's probably about 2 miles (or less) from LB airport.
Enjoy your stay!

I would agree with getting on the road and heading to Disney first. I had a really nice brunch at the GC there just a few weeks ago, but if you want to eat first, there are a few breakfast places around.

The LB Airport Marriott also has a really nice brunch. It is located at Lakewood Blvd and Spring (right turn out of the airport property on to Lakewood Blvd, left turn on to Spring)

Mimi's is just few miles north of the airport on Lakewood Blvd (left turn out of the airport property, right turn at Candlewood). There is also a California Pizza Kitchen, a Chilis, Marie Callendars, Outback, SuperMex, etc., but not sure what time they open.

Hof's Hut on Bellflower is also really good for breakfast, just a bit further away - (right turn out of the Airport on to Lakewood Blvd, left turn on to Spring St., right turn on Bellflower Blvd.) OR right turn out of the Airport on to Lakewood, go past Spring St., enter the S/B 405 freeway, then exit the S/B freeway at Bellflower and go South. (Signs will say towards Cal State LB)

If you are looking for a really nice view, I would agree with the Pike area, but I'm not sure what time any of those restaurants open - Bubba Gumps, CPK, Gladstones, etc.

Have a great trip :)

Thanks everyone, keep the ideas coming. I cant wait till I go, 2M 1week and 5 days I'll be soaking up the magic :santa:

I flew in early morning to LB as well (from JFK) last year and spent the day at the Queen Mary, where I also ate lunch. They have some great tours of the ship, some on your own, some guided. I headed over to DL mid to late afternoon. I am very glad I took the time to see the QM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter