Flying Fish in the past couple months?

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
Any recent experiences in the last couple months at Flying Fish? The menu looks good, and like it has been tweaked a bit from the original overhaul a bit. Thank you!

We ate there twice in late December but never before that. I think I read the menu changes a bit seasonally.
On the current menu I don't recall seeing the crispy oysters and the wood charred octopus is now missing (loved that appy).

I was there yesterday. It was my first time and I was disappointed to find that the Wagyu was taken off the menu. The meal I had was good, but NOT worth that kind of money. I had better, more friendly service at Ample Hills when we got dessert. This was a one-and-done for me.

I was there yesterday. It was my first time and I was disappointed to find that the Wagyu was taken off the menu. The meal I had was good, but NOT worth that kind of money. I had better, more friendly service at Ample Hills when we got dessert. This was a one-and-done for me.
Oh no! I am sorry to hear that!

This is one place I always want to try but then I second guess myself because I see a lot of not so good reviews and always end up canceling my ADR. How does it compare to the Boathouse or Jiko?

Went there in march. Loved it! Best meal all week. I had maui and it was wonderful. Very flexible substituting sides. I wanted just plain green beans.

Deserts were amazing.

Bread is so very good.

Nice by the glass wine list and service was outstanding.

Loved the atmosphere and pre dinner drinks next door.

Ate here back in December...the food, ambiance, service...all fantastic. Everyone at my table of 10 loved their meal. Very expensive though.

We have plans to have dinner there in a few days. I'll report back. We've always enjoyed it - but have not been since the latest menu tweak.
Thank you!
This is one place I always want to try but then I second guess myself because I see a lot of not so good reviews and always end up canceling my ADR. How does it compare to the Boathouse or Jiko?
That is where I am at too... menu looks great but I always second guess myself. Also curious how it compares to the other two.

It was so wonderful before the refurb. However, since it reopened, I haven’t been thrilled with the menu. It looked better the last time I checked it, but for the prices, IDK if I want to try it.

I also think that I will miss the whimsical, breezy atmosphere it had. Now it looks so formal and kinda stiff.

We've eaten at all 3 of these restaurants and could sing the praises of each separately.
Still the easiest way to state our feelings is that on short trips all are automatically considered for ADRs and then with regrets some have to be taken away.
This coming trip will be shorter and in order to conserve travel time Jiko's was removed. Boathouse was dropped to give Yachtsman a chance (here's hoping Y can live up to B) and ta daa- Flying Fish remains. Yes, I wish the charred octopus appetizer was still there but now I can try other apps no feelings of disloyalty, LOL. Truth be known there will be 5 (2 adults, a 17, 12.5, and 9 y/o) of us this time so making choices should be easier.

We were there in January and had a wonderful meal. I had my heart set on grouper since we cannot get that back home. They ran out 1 hr prior to our reservation. The server recommended something very similar and it was fantastic. We have another reservation for July.

Do they still have the art palette dessert? And if so, is it only for kids? My son loved it last time and it was so cute but now he's 11 and on the adult menu argh

We were there in Jan. My husband and dd loved their meals.... I was kind of disappointed in mine. But I am a New Englander - my expectations are darn high for seafood,

We were there in December and still loved it. I did have to admit that i loved the original re-opening menu a little better. I think they took some of the touches off (ex: quail egg on top of pork belly, lobster nero pasta- now with scallops)....the service, wine list, and food is still amazing, We desert elsewhere... but I wouldn't cancel it- its still one of the best signatures on property.

When they first reopened I thought this was the place for a reservation on property. However, over time I feel Disney has taken away a lot of what Chef Tim wanted to do in order to turn a better profit. There are noticeable changes on the menu and my meals that last few times have not been up to that initial standard they set when they reopened. This is incredibly unfortunate because Chef Tim is fantastic and I really feel he has his hands tied by corporate at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter