FLY pentop computer

MN Dis Fans

<font color=green>He's a tramp, but I still love h
I'm considering getting one of the FLY pentop computers for my DS10 with ASD for Christmas. Does anyone have one of these yet? Will DS enjoy this or just get frustrated by it? :confused3 It supposedly helps kids with homework, can speak to them, etc...

Have you gone to their website?
I was curious about it, so I checked out the website.
They have a pretty good interactive video presentation and also a "desktop" that you can download to try out some of the functions. That would also let you hear the voice.
If his handwriting is really messy (my nephew with Aspergers has messy handwriting), it might have some trouble recognizing what he writes. But, I think that once you have things written on a paper, the pen will continue to recognize those things.

Thank you Sue! I did check out the website and let DS try it out too. He really liked the baseball simulation and was interested in the Spanish element (his school has Spanish for K-6). I thought the scheduler element might help him get organized. :rotfl2:

I thought it looked pretty cool (I want one!), but I don't think it would work for my DD because she can't write. I wish they had one in the store so you could see exactly how it works and how mcuh writing would have to be done.

Okay I played with one last night and its addicting-

All in all I was totally impressed by the toy- It worked really well and was impressive but Its also midline picky on how to write, space letters etc.

To get it to work there is either circles on the paper that you tap and itll tell you your choice- then you either tap the circle again to make another choice or tap the check mark to select programs (games, scheduler etc) Then you have to write the choice and circle it (this part it was the hardest to get it right for it to recognize) then your program would begin- The few I tried (calculator, tunes) did work but it took several tries to get it "right" with correct spaces between numbers, box size etc)

All in all I think its a cool toy- longevity factor is another question- How long could kids keep entertained for the 100 dollar price tag...

there is a definate learning curve to master the way to do it with letter shapes, spacing etc that might pose a problem to some kids but most should be able to take it in stride and there is good instructions on how to do the letters etc.

-em

I was just watching the TODAY show and they had something like this on the show. it looked like it would be fun. the part I saw they were doing a keyboard and playing music notes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter