Fluidity in Reservations with the New Modification Function

Matty B13

DIS Veteran
I was wondering what people thought might be the result of the new modification function with bookings for DVC. Will this increase the non-home resort bookings at the 7 month mark from someones home resort, since now you don't have to cancel your reservation to book another resort at the 7 month mark, thus loose your current reservation. Seems like a great upgrade to the current system, but I wonder what the impacts to the membership will be?

good question. If you are online at 8am at your 7 month window chances are you should be fine

Is it really that much of a difference? We would do the swaps on the telephone and never "lost" a current reservation.

I wasn't aware of that. It doesn't affect me greatly though, I love staying at my home resorts. It really does feel like home away. I was considering a trip to AKV in 2020 though. I was concerned about getting anything at 7 months so close after Star Wars opened. So it could be a positive for me then.

Is it really that much of a difference? We would do the swaps on the telephone and never "lost" a current reservation.

Yes.

First, you can do it earlier online than waiting for the phone line to open.

Second, some CMs weren’t quote able to do it seamlessly.

Third, you can do it yourself!

But OP, people change when they want to change. I doubt if it’ll cause a difference overall.

I was wondering what people thought might be the result of the new modification function with bookings for DVC. Will this increase the non-home resort bookings at the 7 month mark from someones home resort, since now you don't have to cancel your reservation to book another resort at the 7 month mark, thus loose your current reservation. Seems like a great upgrade to the current system, but I wonder what the impacts to the membership will be?
Does it work that well? I have missed reports of it.
I would love to be able to do it, but am afraid of losing both.
Have enough done it that we know it is now a seamless experience?

I am hoping to use this function Tuesday Sept 11th! I am interested in seeing how smooth the process will be.

I will, now we just need to decide if we want CCV for 155, or BWV garden pool for 164... we were hoping to see a BWV std, but its spotty.
You could book BWV garden pool for 164 and waitlist standard. Our last trip we stayed at BCV and being able to walk to 2 parks was great. The international gateway to epcot is amazing.Not to mention Stormalong Bay

You could book BWV garden pool for 164 and waitlist standard. Our last trip we stayed at BCV and being able to walk to 2 parks was great. The international gateway to epcot is amazing.Not to mention Stormalong Bay
all true!!! We have stayed at BWV in STD (super deal with the low points!) and BW view too, we also have tried BCV too. We were just debating doing CCV because we also love that location and the points are 155 would give us more to bank over to the next year! we are starting this 100 point contract with 200 points (it was loaded) and the more we bank and roll over the better we stretch the points for our yearly trip. we have booked 132 points at OKW as of now, will see what happens in the morning!

I was able to use this function on 8/12/2018. We had Kidani Standard View but wanted Jambo Savannah view for our early Dec. 2018 trip. I had been checking regularly on-line for awhile for openings, and was shocked one night to see all of our nights available at Jambo. So I clicked on the "modify" link, chose the new location, submitted it, and ... it worked like a charm. I didn't trust it until I saw the email confirmation. And then, just to double check, looked on MDE to see if the changes showed up there as well...and sure enough...they did.

This all happened on a Sunday night, well after Member Services was closed. So it was nice to be able to make the changes from home without having to wait until the next morning and hope the rooms were still available by the time I got through to MS.

I think this is a great new option. Glad it is available to us now.

I was able to use this function on 8/12/2018. We had Kidani Standard View but wanted Jambo Savannah view for our early Dec. 2018 trip. I had been checking regularly on-line for awhile for openings, and was shocked one night to see all of our nights available at Jambo. So I clicked on the "modify" link, chose the new location, submitted it, and ... it worked like a charm. I didn't trust it until I saw the email confirmation. And then, just to double check, looked on MDE to see if the changes showed up there as well...and sure enough...they did.

This all happened on a Sunday night, well after Member Services was closed. So it was nice to be able to make the changes from home without having to wait until the next morning and hope the rooms were still available by the time I got through to MS.

I think this is a great new option. Glad it is available to us now.
That sounds amazing!!!!! thanks for sharing!

Correct me someone if I am wrong but this makes walking a reservation much easier... can be done online with no need to wait and call MS to drop and add.

BTW, I've never walked a reservation... but I know this is a favorite method of securing a difficult to book room.

Correct me someone if I am wrong but this makes walking a reservation much easier... can be done online with no need to wait and call MS to drop and add.

BTW, I've never walked a reservation... but I know this is a favorite method of securing a difficult to book room.

Yes, I would assume this would make it easier to "walk" a reservation.

I've never "walked" a reservation, but I think that if someone is going to walk it, they'll do it whether it's easy or not. So, although it would be easier to walk a reservation, I'm not sure it would result in more people doing it.

So, I still love the idea of being able to modify my reservation online. I haven't done it yet, but I'm glad most are able to do it with ease.:thumbsup2

We have a reservation for BRV in May. At the 7 month window we would like to change the reservation to another resort, but we want to move the dates back into April, so instead of May 4-11 we want April 28- May8. Is this something that we can modify online? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter