Fluffy no more! Join me in my journey

My DH and I rearranged how our morning routine is so that I can get my walk/run in! Today I was finally able to start day 1 of Jeff Galloway' conditioning plan! I did a 5 min warm up of brisk walking, and then 10 mins of my run/walk intervals. It was 5 seconds of running, followed by 55 seconds of walking. The 5 seconds is quick! I like that I felt after the 5 seconds I could have kept going and didn't feel defeated! Sometimes I ran extra, sometimes I didn't. I really feel that this is going to be an excellent program and what I need to take me from couch potato to active!

I am going to try and be more careful with the amount of fruit I eat. I think last week could have been a bigger loss if I didn't overdo it on the fruit.

My time today was 20:25 with a distance of 1.36 miles.

My friend and I decided that we are going to sign up for a 5k in November! I'm really excited and can't wait! It's for Alex's Lemonade Stand. My friend has done a few 5 and 10ks so she should be a motivator and won't flake on me.

Good for you for finding what works best for you and for your wt loss for the week!:cheer2:

I think the hardest part is beginning. So, you're on your way! It's good to do a 5 k while waiting for the W&D at Disney. Think how in shape you'll be when you do your Disney run! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

disneychic2 said:
Good for you for finding what works best for you and for your wt loss for the week!:cheer2:

I think the hardest part is beginning. So, you're on your way! It's good to do a 5 k while waiting for the W&D at Disney. Think how in shape you'll be when you do your Disney run! Keep up the good work!:thumbsup2

Thanks!

Got my run/walk/run in this morning. Tomorrow is a rest day and Saturday is supposed to be 18 mins of r/w/r but we are leaving for the shore and I am now risking hurting myself before having to drive to the shore! It's normally a 2 hour drive but who knows what it will be like with labor day traffic!

Been running around like crazy trying to get everything settled for vacation and I still have a lot to go. I am getting my hair cut today and then tomorrow a pedicure! Today we are going food shopping, I have my list of healthy stuff to bring, I am determined to do good on vacation!

I need to hide my scale, I step on it more than I should! As of this morning it had me down .2 of a lb from Tuesday morning.

Congrats on your progress! I would love to run the Princess 1/2 but, like you, commitments for work will make it all but impossible. I'm the chairperson for my company's annual leadership conference in February and it seems like the Princess 1/2 is always the weekend right after our conference (which is the weekend that never actually exists for me due to post-conference hibernation). And sadly, the WDW marathon weekend is out and Tinkerbell in CA is a no-go. No vacays for me 'til March :-) I think Wine and Dine would be a blast! Or the ToT 10-miler. That's what I'd like to aim for in 2013. Keep up the great work!

acwinsett said:
Congrats on your progress! I would love to run the Princess 1/2 but, like you, commitments for work will make it all but impossible. I'm the chairperson for my company's annual leadership conference in February and it seems like the Princess 1/2 is always the weekend right after our conference (which is the weekend that never actually exists for me due to post-conference hibernation). And sadly, the WDW marathon weekend is out and Tinkerbell in CA is a no-go. No vacays for me 'til March :-) I think Wine and Dine would be a blast! Or the ToT 10-miler. That's what I'd like to aim for in 2013. Keep up the great work!

Maybe we should write Disney a letter and ask them to move the princess to a date that is convenient to us?!? I am sure they would have no problem doing it lol!

Yesterday I walked in the morning with my neighbor and her dog, we did 1.36 miles in 22:26. I was having a little trouble keeping up with her and I totally slowed her down but I warned her before we even started.

I stayed within my points and because I was so busy I had a lot of points left over but a few Golden Oreos took care of them.

Skipping my walking/running this morning. Once we get to the shore and get settled in, I may do it but if not we are planning on strolling the boards tonight so that will be some activity.

I am really going to try my best to stay on plan while away. Pizza at the shore is my only downfall. We won't get ice cream or fudge or go out to eat because of my son's food allergies. I have my food scale, measuring cups and measuring spoons ready to go along with some WW friendly food.

I got on the scale this morning hoping seeing a loss would keep me motivated to stay on track while I'm away and it shows I'm down .6 from Tuesday.

Day 1 and 2 of vacation went great WW wise. Today, not so much. I was doing great until someone put onion dip in front of me! Onion dip is my weakness!!

I did my walk/run yesterday (1.87 miles in under 30 mins). Today was a "off" day from my training program. We have been walking the boards and playing in the ocean and on the beach since Saturday so I know I'm getting exercise in! Running up and down to get water for sand castles is a workout!

Tomorrow I'm supposed to run/walk/run for a mile. It's going to depend on the weather and how my knee feels. I got knocked over by a wave and landed pretty hard on my knee.

I will not stray from my WW plan tomorrow! I will be good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter