Flowers, Food, and Family - mom and dad FINALLY come to Disney with me! update 6/22

Epcot - Afternoon]

We spent a lot of time in Italy, mostly because we found a shady spot to sit in and we just wanted to rest for awhile. I'm not sure why but I was in major pain in my feet. I do a lot of walking and jogging so this was a little surprising.:

Haha. One of the funniest things I have read on here is Epcot stands for "everyone comes out pooped!"

Epcot - Evening

While in Morocco we got some more food. My mom and I decided to walk around the shops here while DH and my dad just wanted to sit. They ended up near the smoking section chatting with some of the people over there!

It was also right around now that my friend, who was meeting up with us, got off from work and came to find us! She works at Downtown Disney at the Lego store. It was great to see her again!

Next up we headed to France, where I found some of my favorite topiaries:

I also got a slushie here from the Flower and Garden booth. We spotted a photopass photographer and decided to get some pics. I headed in to be in the picture and no one else comes to join me right away, so I just got some pics with my drink! ;)

Since we were still on the quest to find all of the topiaries, we stopped by the "romantic couples" ones - Aurora and Phillip and Cinderella and Charming:

In the UK we took a stroll through the tea garden, which was nice:

Then my dad declares that he has to have a dole whip. Since we were eating dinner at Rose and Crown we decided to bypass looking at the rest of the UK and Canada pavilions, go get the dole whip, and check them out on the way back. My dad was very happy to have his dole whip:

While we were in the area we checked out the Oz stuff. I got a picture in the "balloon" with my friend:

And we played some of the carnival games. They were cute little activities and we got stickers for participating.

Then we made our way back to the UK. Canada actually didn't have anything Flower and Garden related - no food booth, no topiaries! So we looked quickly and then headed back to the UK, where they did have a bunch of topiaries:

We then checked in for our reservation at the Rose and Crown. Our reservation was at 7, and we requested an outdoor table with a fireworks view. I've heard this can be extremely hard to get, and sometimes you have to wait for an hour and even then it's not guaranteed. Well, about ten minutes later they call us and lead us to a table right on the railing. The perfect spot!

The food was all very good (except for my friend, whose ground beef was a little too pink for her liking so she got something else), and we had a leisurely meal until Illuminations started. It was incredible to watch it from there. We actually found shards of fireworks by our table when it was over!

A perfect way to end the evening!

Oh cool, you got to meet up with your friend! Sounds like a great day at Epcot, I love all the topiary pictures.

That sounds like a great day. Great firework pictures! What were the crowds like during Illuminations? If you weren't at a table would it have been hard to find a spot?

Your family takes such cute pictures-- I love the one of you with your drink and your dad with the dole whip! WOW-- that is seriously my DREAM table at Rose and Crown! What an incredible view!

MMMMMmmmm...Dole Whip...:love:

I was lucky enough one time to get a fireworks view at Rose & Crown. That view is amazing and it's so nice not to be squished in between people while watching it.;)

Oh cool, you got to meet up with your friend! Sounds like a great day at Epcot, I love all the topiary pictures.

Yeah, it was awesome to see my friend again! We actually met through the DIS, and since she lives in Orlando I usually see her every time I'm in Disney now :)

That sounds like a great day. Great firework pictures! What were the crowds like during Illuminations? If you weren't at a table would it have been hard to find a spot?

I couldn't really tell much about the crowds since we were at the restaurant the whole time. In the past even when it's been crowded I've never really had trouble finding a spot.

Your family takes such cute pictures-- I love the one of you with your drink and your dad with the dole whip! WOW-- that is seriously my DREAM table at Rose and Crown! What an incredible view!

Aww thank you! And the view was just amazing!

MMMMMmmmm...Dole Whip...:love:

I was lucky enough one time to get a fireworks view at Rose & Crown. That view is amazing and it's so nice not to be squished in between people while watching it.;)

Isn't it great?? And to be able to be sitting and relaxed is awesome too :)

Islands of Adventure

With a family of Harry Potter fans, we had to go to Islands of Adventure! I'd already been a few times when I attended Harry Potter conventions, and DH had been once, but my parents really wanted to see it. So when we arrived of course we had to make our way directly back to the Wizarding World!

I knew we had to do the Forbidden Journey ride first, since the line can get really long. We didn't have to wait too long, only about 15 minutes. And at least while you wait the queue is pretty awesome to look at!

And we actually convinced my mom to go on it! She doesn't do thrill rides so this was big. She had her eyes closed for most of it, but at least she was on it!

After the ride we explored the rest of Hogsmeade and enjoyed a butterbeer.

The Dragon Challenge roller coaster wasn't opening until 11am that morning. We wanted to come back later and do it, plus we wanted to have lunch at the Three Broomsticks, so we decided to go to the Jurassic Park area so we could do something else but not go too far. DH and my dad went on the Jurassic Park river ride, while my mom and I watched the boats coming down.

There they are - not too wet!

Then we headed back to Hogsmeade to ride the Dragon Challenge before lunch. Mom passed on this one.

Lunch was at the Three Broomsticks!

The food was good, if nothing extraordinary, but we had another fantastic butterbeer with the food and the atmosphere is really fun for a Harry Potter fan!

We decided to mosey our way around and waited for Dudley Do-Right's rip saw falls. I love log flume rides and despite the other times I'd been in IOA I never got on this one before. We got pretty soaked. The ride was fun but it was definitely no Splash Mountain! We waited for maybe 40 minutes and I don't think it was worth that wait. I hate not having fastpass as an option! We also ended up skipping Spiderman because the wait was almost an hour.

DH and my dad got on Dr. Doom's Fearfall while my mom and I wandered through some gift shops. Then DH, me, and my dad rode the Hulk coaster. It was epic as always, and we didn't have to wait at all - walked right on! That roller coaster is really fantastic. We didn't tell my dad about the power launch so he was surprised - but he loved it!

We then grabbed some ice cream and decided to explore Dr. Suess land. It's such a cute area.

We decided not to bother with the Lost Continent - we were going to try to see the SinBad show but the timing didn't work out, do we just decided to head back to the hotel for a bit before going over to Epcot for the evening.

Your Epcot day looks lovely, if exhausting. ;)

Enjoying your IOA HP pics! Really thought about going there this last time, but the only thing there that really appeals to anybody is the Harry Potter section. *sigh* We might go and have a good time anyhow, but that's a lot of money to spend on just one Island. :p

We'll be heading to IOA also on our trip this summer! My niece is a big Harry Potter fan and my son is a huge Jurassic Park fan so this was a no-brainer for us! Plus I've heard good things about the Butter Beer so I'm anxious to try it!

That looks fun! I guess that is is plus to having a car!

It definitely is! Since we were staying off property and needed to rent a car anyway, it worked out well for us!

Your Epcot day looks lovely, if exhausting. ;)

Enjoying your IOA HP pics! Really thought about going there this last time, but the only thing there that really appeals to anybody is the Harry Potter section. *sigh* We might go and have a good time anyhow, but that's a lot of money to spend on just one Island. :p

I know what you mean - the only things I really like in IOA are Harry Potter and the Hulk. You should definitely check it out sometime since Harry Potter is amazing, but I'd wait for the expansion to be finished. That way you'd have more Harry Potter stuff to look at!

We'll be heading to IOA also on our trip this summer! My niece is a big Harry Potter fan and my son is a huge Jurassic Park fan so this was a no-brainer for us! Plus I've heard good things about the Butter Beer so I'm anxious to try it!

I'm sure they will love it! And definitely drink some butterbeer for me! ;)

We love IOA! We always go to both Universal parks, which works out best since my boyfriend isn't crazy about thrill rides. I can't wait for the HP expansion-- especially the Gringotts coaster (not sure if that's confirmed or a rumor?!).

We love IOA! We always go to both Universal parks, which works out best since my boyfriend isn't crazy about thrill rides. I can't wait for the HP expansion-- especially the Gringotts coaster (not sure if that's confirmed or a rumor?!).

I know, I'm so excited about it! I don't think the Gringotts coaster is officially confirmed, but I'm pretty sure it's happening ;) My DH is much more interested in the other side of the park so I'm glad we'll have an excuse to go to Studios!

I really need to go see HP.... someday, maybe next trip

Great update

Definitely try to get there someday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter