• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida Residents Discounts

billsfan

Lets Go BUFF-A-LO
My sister lives in Florida. Can she book two rooms with a Florida discount if the other 4 people staying in the two rooms are from Ohio? It will be my sister and 4 of us from Ohio for a total of 5 people in the two rooms.

Florida residents can book up to 3 rooms at the resident rate, and it doesn't matter where the other occupants of the room live. However, the FL resident must be present at check-in with a driver's license or other valid proof of FL residency.

I have never booked 2 rooms with the FL resident rate, but I believe she can as long as she is staying in the room and both rooms would have to be in her name she would also have to be present at check in to show her ID.

I guess I have another Question. Has there ever been discounts on suites at Disney Hotels for FL residents. I am wondering if anyone has gotten a FL resident or AP discount on 1 bedroom suite at the GF.

Thanks for any info

We used the FL resident rates for our Feb trip. Dad booked the 2 rooms and when we got there to check in (all together) we were able to split the bills and each use our own credit cards to pay for the room and charge items to the room. It worked out great. The CM was a little slow in getting us checked in but that was another story.

I am a Florida resident and have gotten Florida resident rates before. For this next trip at AKL they said it was the Florida rate and I know its less than the rack rate but alot more than we paid in Dec - I just have never paid over $200 a night for a hotel - For May 16 and 17 the rate I am paying is $219 - hopefully that is not too much - I am just still estatic that my DH agreed to go!! LOL

OK, so from the sounds of this, my parents (who are residents of FL), can book and pay for our room, be there for check-in, but do they actually have to stay there. My mother mentioned, getting everything done in their names if codes or pins don't come out, they would meet us there, do the whole checkin thing, hit a park with us and then leave. They may decide to spend 1 night and us 6 ot 7, not sure yet. But would this really work, it sounds like it would theorectically....

Sheaboys,

The only issue i can think of is that her name would have to be on the reservation, as an occupant of the room. So...if that puts you over the limit for the number of people in the room, that would be where it would be a problem. Otherwise, I guess it's possible.

grad_dis_nut said:
Sheaboys,

The only issue i can think of is that her name would have to be on the reservation, as an occupant of the room.

In no way do I mean to contradict you but I'm just not sure if that is true and I wouldn't begin to know who to ask. I wish I had paid more attention when we checked in. It sounds right in theory but it does make me think of the CM discount situation. A CM can get a room for a family member at a discount and not have to stay in the room. I wonder if the FL resident is the same. Is there a printed guide for FL residents anywhere?

If they spent 1 night it would avoid the whole situation though and think of the fun you would have! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter