Flooring help

jennyL

<font color=00cc00>Jon Bon Jovi. Ohh La La!<br><fo
Does anyone have dark hardwood floors? My MIL is building a new townhouse and has fallen in love with an espresso 5" plank hardwood floor. It looks really good with the cabinets she has selected for the kitchen but she's having trouble deciding if she wants it in the dining and living room too. Its an open floor plan so the three rooms kindof run together.

Any thoughts?

nopersonal experience, ours are lighter by a lot. but instead of different flooreing, i would run the dark wood through out, then lighted with area rugs, something that ties inthe wall colors, the drapes, table cloths. etc. also light wood furniture looks great on dark floors...

Jenny,

If the floor plan is open, I would definitely keep the wood consistent in each room. My whole downstairs is the same finish of of wood. I love the way it looks, and receive many compliments on the floors. She can always use area rugs to tie in the colors of each room.

HTH! :)

Our floors are a gawd-awful honey oak (looks orange to me) and I really want to do dark floors.

My neighbor about 5 houses down has a similar open floorplan like we do and she just had her floors stripped and restained to a beautiful espresso color. I think it looks magnificent!

Well we went to the studio yesterday and I think we are still leaning towards doing the whole first floor in the espresso hardwoods. If she does change her mind we are down to switching the family room to carpet instead however thats a last resort. The more we looked at it the more we all really liked it and she kept going back to it when picking other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!